REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Parking Dilemma

So I got two instances, wondering what I should Do

1. So today I was at the empire parking lot next to parker place, and as you probably know, Ground floor doesn't have much parking spaces on sundays, This fat guy 300+ lbs was standing in a spot, probably saving it for someone. I ended up driving past and finding another spot about 4 spaces from him. But say I wanted that spot and it was the only one. What should I do? Do I clutch in and rev at him? Do I wave my fist/ steering wheel club at him? Do I ask him politely to leave? "sir do you realize you are standing in my parking spot?"
Do I pretend to not notice him and back in? I mean if you are standing/walking on a parking lot (not sidewalk) should it be considered jay walking, meaning I have every right to run him over?

2. I was on 41st in Kerrisdale across from Orange Corner and wanted to parallel on 41st on a friday afternoon. Again this is a fairly busy street and it would obviously annoy other drivers to do this. Also this would block my entire flow of traffic on my side for about 10 secs. I signal and move in front. Then the bus driver behind me decides that he doesn't like what i'm doing and nudges forward, I reverse a bit and he honks at him because I would hit him.

If I do hit him, could I BS and say he rear ended me?

I could've stayed there the whole day and wasn't in a rush, so it would be to his disadvantage to block my spot, since he's the one with a schedule. Should I do that? even though it would be difficult for him to back up or pass me because of the traffic?

i doubt next time if a bus blocks my parallel parking I will drive away even though this time I did. Now that I think about it, I have nothing to lose to pretty much park there and see who's first to back off. Or do I?
Advertisement
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
1. Assuming the guy stands his ground and doesn't move an inch I would drive into the spot as much as I can and wait just a moment. If he doesn't leave I would turn off my engine and walk away from my car. He would eventually probably leave. If he starts saying any shit or any talk about saving the spot id tell him to fuck off for sure. Depending how much he tries to fight it the fists would definitely come out.

2. I've had this happen before and it's absolute bullshit. What I did was stood my ground and eventually came out of the car with paper and pen. Started to write down bus number and all the information at he knew I was getting information to make a complaint. He then decided to switch lanes and leave.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

scenario 2

i hate vancouver drivers

i mean seriously what can we do one theres only 1 lane and u need to park
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #4
G'd up! w000weee

1. Just slowly back into the spot. Give him a honk if he doesn't realize you are going to run him over. If he was saving the spot for someone, he'll most likely wave his hands or come up to your window to tell u, in that case...it's up to u what you want to do.

2. I would honk back, then continue to parallel park. Before I finish parking, I would roll down my driver's side window and FINGER the damn bus driver. It's 10 seconds of his life, it isn't going to throw off his bus schedule. If the bus driver drives up and tailgates my bumper, preventing me from parallel parking...I would probably get out of my car to tell him that he's a fucking idiot and I'll make a complaint to Trankslink.
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #5
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
1. This happens a lot in Richmond, what I usually do is go head in and give him the GTFO stare. If he is holding the spot for someone then too bad, he isnt here yet, first come first serve.

2. Hold up traffic. If you signaled ahead of time and started to slow down when you approached the spot, not like hard braking or anything, then anyone with half a brain would know you intentions. They would obviously give you room to back up and park.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
F**K YOUR HEAD

For 2. I think there was a car accident just half a block ahead and they closed one of the lanes, and so there was only a one lane.

Wow the responses seem so violent, I would've just sat and ignored both people,
for 1. if he touches my car, or taps/hits my window or any part of my car, can I prosecute him?

For 2. I don't really like the idea of just parking your car in the middle of the street and stepping out, must be an offense one way or another, If you get hit by a car I'm pretty sure it'd be considered Jay Walking too.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #7
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
For 2. I think there was a car accident just half a block ahead and they closed one of the lanes, and so there was only a one lane.

Wow the responses seem so violent, I would've just sat and ignored both people,
for 1. if he touches my car, or taps/hits my window or any part of my car, can I prosecute him?

For 2. I don't really like the idea of just parking your car in the middle of the street and stepping out, must be an offense one way or another, If you get hit by a car I'm pretty sure it'd be considered Jay Walking too.
I don't love to get violent since I'm not 16 anymore but whenever I'm in Richmond my violent side comes out a lot easier. People can call me stereotypical all you want but Richmond is for sure the worst when it comes to driving. I don't break out and get violent right away, I always give them an out first but if I must then I will do whatever I think I need to do.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,264 Times in 1,624 Posts
1. if it were my car i would rev till i hit vtec. test pipe and black smoke = instantly running fat guy.

2. screw the bus driver, if he's gonna be a jerk about it just wait till he moves. guaranteed he'll give up before you do.
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #9
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

1. i would take the spot i dont think he can do anything, its too bad that whoever hes saving the spot for isnt there in time

2. yea fuck the buss driver its 5-10 seconds thats about it you dont have to fully parallel you just have to be in the spot enough so that cars have enough room to pass
for now though since ive only been driving a few months id just leave it and find a easier spot xD my parking isnt so great
Honyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Just be like, "I'm sorry sir, but I didn't know oversized vehicles that can't go past 60km/h were allowed on the road, let alone parking. Oh my bad, that's just on highways".
terkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
So I got two instances, wondering what I should Do

1. So today I was at the empire parking lot next to parker place, and as you probably know, Ground floor doesn't have much parking spaces on sundays, This fat guy 300+ lbs was standing in a spot, probably saving it for someone. I ended up driving past and finding another spot about 4 spaces from him. But say I wanted that spot and it was the only one. What should I do? Do I clutch in and rev at him? Do I wave my fist/ steering wheel club at him? Do I ask him politely to leave? "sir do you realize you are standing in my parking spot?"
Do I pretend to not notice him and back in? I mean if you are standing/walking on a parking lot (not sidewalk) should it be considered jay walking, meaning I have every right to run him over?

2. I was on 41st in Kerrisdale across from Orange Corner and wanted to parallel on 41st on a friday afternoon. Again this is a fairly busy street and it would obviously annoy other drivers to do this. Also this would block my entire flow of traffic on my side for about 10 secs. I signal and move in front. Then the bus driver behind me decides that he doesn't like what i'm doing and nudges forward, I reverse a bit and he honks at him because I would hit him.

If I do hit him, could I BS and say he rear ended me?

I could've stayed there the whole day and wasn't in a rush, so it would be to his disadvantage to block my spot, since he's the one with a schedule. Should I do that? even though it would be difficult for him to back up or pass me because of the traffic?

i doubt next time if a bus blocks my parallel parking I will drive away even though this time I did. Now that I think about it, I have nothing to lose to pretty much park there and see who's first to back off. Or do I?
1. Slowly back in until he moves, if he doesn't honk or tell him to move. If he still doesn't then just wait, cause if he was saving it for a friend, he lost it. You already partly in. Or wait there til his friends come, and when he moves, zoom in.

2. I would still try to park if there is even a little bit of room, that way, it shows that you are trying to take that spot rather than trying to stop traffic.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #12
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
2. I've had this happen before and it's absolute bullshit. What I did was stood my ground and eventually came out of the car with paper and pen. Started to write down bus number and all the information at he knew I was getting information to make a complaint. He then decided to switch lanes and leave.
That is Awesome!

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #13
F**K YOUR HEAD

for 2. I actually put it in reverse, and backed up about a foot and the driver started honking at me, I didn't wanna cause a scene because there were cops there and I had exceeded passenger limit.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #14
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
If someone is going to stand in the spot I'll just find a different spot it's not really worth the confrontation. As far as the bus like others I wouldn't move I'd throw it in park.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #15
I am on the internets

get the fuck out of kerrisdale. its people like you that jam up the bloody 41st all the time. if you missed your chance, go around! FIND ANOTHER SPOT!

and for the fat guy, who cares.. find another spot, wtf u plp complainin for.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:24 AM   #16
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
get the fuck out of kerrisdale. its people like you that jam up the bloody 41st all the time. if you missed your chance, go around! FIND ANOTHER SPOT!

You're a fuckin retard. So you expect everyone to drive in head first to park?
Quote:
Originally posted by phatboyWhat about the 2nd period?
flawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #17
I am on the internets

always with the insults first on revscene.

it takes me just under 5 seconds to parallel park. if it takes you longer, i suggest you keep practicing in residential area during off-peak hours.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #18
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
1) First come first serve. No way can you stand there all day saving a spot for who the fuck knows. the stall is not reserved for anyone, so i would just back in as much as i could. turn the car off and just wait a bit till he leaves. if he comes and lip you off, you can just as much lip him back.

2) if you have signaled well ahead with your intentions, i couldnt see why the bus driver would do that. but if he did, you had the right thing in mind. copy down the bus number, route number and the 2 numbers in the black box by the entrance doors. if he doesnt like it, tell him to call the road supervisor to come. its asses like that who wont spare couple seconds for you to back in to cause all sorts of traffic jams.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:33 AM   #19
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Lol retard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
really?.. some reason im afraid of taking shits after ghost movies.. i always think about what if a ghost's hand came out of the toilet and grabbed my nuts or stuck its hand in my ass -___________-.... i mean if it came outa the mirror id have reaction time to run but the toilets.. thats a pretty good blind spot to sneak up on people from -_____- ...
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:34 AM   #20
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:

You get dicked around a lot or something?

If there's a spot take it, if it jams up 41st woop dee fucking doo. If I don't take it, someone else will. It doesn't mean I missed my chance at all, it's still available. Just signal ahead of time.

The fat guy standing there, I'm sorry but is the parking spot reserved for fatass humans? No. It's for a car, first come first serve.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:38 AM   #21

Quote:

first of all.. parking stalls are first come first serve... you can't just stand there waiting for your friends to come and park there... no courtesy and plain rude.. not to mention the OP mentioned if that was the ONLY spot... if there were millions of spots.. the fat guy wouldn't need to stand there or would the OP need to absolutely park in that spot...

the OP didn't miss the spot.. he wanted to parallel in.. i'm going to assume he signaled well ahead and the bus driver was being an ass... people need to park.. deal with it.. Kerrisdale = busy area period.. it's not people like him that's causing traffic to stall... it's people who decide to stop in the middle of the road to drop passengers off on the street or pick people up.. i believe parking is perfectly fine because you're actually doing something to get out of the way.. which is to park...

however.. people who stop to pick up people or drop off people had the intention of stalling traffic so they can do their shit... so you know what...

think twice before you answer
scheng924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:39 AM   #22
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
1. So today I was at the empire parking lot next to parker place, and as you probably know, Ground floor doesn't have much parking spaces on sundays, This fat guy 300+ lbs was standing in a spot, probably saving it for someone.
Toss a donut across the parking garage... when he chases after it, grab the spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:54 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Toss a donut across the parking garage... when he chases after it, grab the spot.
there's no donuts at parker... OP has to throw a piece of "cha siu"
scheng924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:23 AM   #24
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,318 Times in 647 Posts
for Asshole #1 isn't there a chance he might get pissed off and key ur car once u park it and leave?
LUUUUUUUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:38 AM   #25
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

1. Yea..you just have to ask yourself some questions, do you have a nice car? do you care about your car? Coz there could be some probability that the guy will key your car. If you dont give a shit, then by all means, just back in SLOW. Going 1 km per hour wont run the guy over, it'll just push him..i think..

Quote:
it takes me just under 5 seconds to parallel park. if it takes you longer, i suggest you keep practicing in residential area during off-peak hours.
What if during the 1ST second that you were about to execute your 5 seconds parralel park move, a bus comes in and tailgates u, what then? I wouldnt go around in rush hour, it wastes too much time.

And being able to park in less than 5 seconds in residential areas during off-peak hours don't mean shit. It doesn't simulate the other 50% parallel parking environment.

The put-in-park-get-out-write-down-service-numbers strategy sounds awesome, the said bus driver gets pwned bad
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote