REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 11:52 PM   #11101
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_devil View Post
the canucks will still only for some reason be able to get the NW title by 2-4 points :P
that'll be 2-4 more points than the flames
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2010, 11:55 PM   #11102
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I wonder who Canucks fans hate more? Stephane Auger or Ron Maclean? I gotta say Maclean. At least Auger had sorta a reason to do what he did while Maclean was totally unprovoked.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-19-2010, 12:50 AM   #11103
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
LOL @ Anaheim thrown in there
Anaheim is a much more talented team than they let on to be right now...The injuries they have right now (ie their entire second line) have hurt them, but my boys are finding a way to get it done.

Laugh all you want but my Ducks will have the last one.

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

Old 01-19-2010, 01:01 AM   #11104
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Goals that Burrows has scored in his last seven games: 11

Goals that the Flames have scored in their last seven games: 11
Old 01-19-2010, 06:16 AM   #11105
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
haha what a happy day last night, the Flames get anal raped 9-1, the Oilers get embrassed 6-0 and my Sabres win 7-2 and take over 1st in the East!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:30 AM   #11106
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Iginla aint doing shit for my pool.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 01-19-2010, 07:20 AM   #11107
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Goals that Burrows has scored in his last seven games: 11

Goals that the Flames have scored in their last seven games: 13

FYP but still impressive regardless.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 01-19-2010, 07:24 AM   #11108
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
im going to take Oiler upsets the Canuck tomorrow for my sportsaction. It's purely for the odds, nothing against the team... lol
Old 01-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #11109
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
im going to take Oiler upsets the Canuck tomorrow for my sportsaction. It's purely for the odds, nothing against the team... lol
Are you playing the odds that the Canucks play half-assed against bottom dwellers?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #11110
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Are you playing the odds that the Canucks play half-assed against bottom dwellers?
Posted via RS Mobile
Bingo and the oiler trys to break out a 5 game losing streak !!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #11111
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
Bingo and the oiler trys to break out a 5 game losing streak !!
And of course, we all know how great we play against teams/players with some sort of streak..

I kinda shook my head when Malkin scored against the canucks (pretty goal or not) after the struggle he has been having for the past 10 or so games..
Old 01-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #11112
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Mike Peca retires

Quote:
TORONTO (AP)—Michael Peca(notes) is retiring after 13 seasons in the NHL.

The 35-year-old Peca announced Tuesday that he’s calling it quits. The forward spent last season with the Columbus Blue Jackets and was unsigned this year.

Peca was part of two Stanley Cup finalist teams— the 1999 Buffalo Sabres and 2006 Edmonton Oilers. He won gold with Team Canada at the 2002 Olympics.

Peca said in a statement from the NHL players association that “playing the game at the highest level, with and against the top hockey players in the world, has been a pleasure.”

In 864 games, he had 176 goals and 465 points. Peca was a two-time winner of the Selke Trophy as the NHL’s top defensive forward.

He also played for Vancouver, Toronto and the New York Islanders.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Kev
Old 01-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #11113
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,133 Posts
Tanner Glass cheering section, anyone?

Quote:
Canucks' Tanner Glass will do 'whatever it takes' to win

By Ben Kuzma, The Province

Tanner Glass has taken a punch in the face and a pie in the face.

It comes with the territory when you're an NHL middleweight willing to scrap to retain a roster spot. And it comes when you accept as a Vancouver Canucks newcomer that the annual Super Skills ritual of having a cream-filled dessert mushed into your mug is a rite of passage.

However, the winger also understands history in the classroom and on the ice.

Glass has a history degree from Dartmouth and has been around the game long enough to know when veterans return from injury, somebody has to be expendable. With Pavol Demitra now back from two shoulder surgeries and Ryan Johnson (foot fractures) and Steve Bernier (groin) returning as early as Wednesday in Edmonton, the Canucks will soon have 14 healthy forwards. Something has to give.

"Are you saying I'm the odd man out?," asked Glass. "I don't worry about that. I worry about my game every night. It takes a lot of depth in the organization to win the Cup and I know that I'm a depth player and a role player on this team.

"I'm willing to do whatever it takes to win — if that's on the third or fourth lines — no matter who is pressing me for a job or whose job I'll take."

Glass did his job Saturday during a 6-2 romp of the Pittsburgh Penguins. He adapted to playing with Kyle Wellwood and Demitra on a new third alignment and reacted late in the game when Evgeni Malkin was called for boarding Willie Mitchell hard into the endboards. The Canucks defenceman, already suffering from a stiff back from a Derek Boogaard check Wednesday in Minnesota, didn't participate in the Super Skills show Sunday. So, with a 5-3-2 record in bouts this season according to hockeyfights.com, Glass didn't hesitate to hound the hulking Penguins centre.

"You can't just let him run a guy late in a game like that," said Glass, who took a roughing minor for attempting to get at Malkin. "I had to let him know that I'm not going to stand for that. I don't know if it [the hit] was from behind, but it was definitely blind-side."

Glass looked like a work in progress Saturday because of the speed and slick passing dimensions that Demitra brings. But the trio combined for just two shots.

"I was just trying to get to the net and I should have had my head up looking for more passes from those two because they're pretty crafty players," added Glass, who has nine points in 44 games and is a plus-8. "But it was our first game together and we hadn't even practised together."

Nobody knew what to make of Glass at training camp. He played 41 games for the Florida Panthers in 2007-08 before shoulder surgery limited the 26-year-old Craven, Sask., native to just three games last season and 44 in the AHL. But a curiosity in the 265th pick in the 2003 entry draft resulted in a one-year, two-way Canucks deal that pays $500,000 at the NHL level.

"He skated with us before camp and we were wondering who that guy was," said winger Alex Burrows. "Eveyrbody was talking about Cody [Hodgson] and Sergei [Shirokov] and [Alex] Bolduc. Nobody was talking about Tanner. He's the best team player you can have. He steps up and sticks up for everyone and won't complain about ice time. He's just happy to be here."

Glass will know soon enough if Bernier will be back on the third line and what will become of the fourth line that had Rick Rypien centring Darcy Hordichuk and Jannik Hansen against the Penguins. Johnson has been a fourth-line fixture, but the Canucks have gone 42-for-47 on the penalty kill in his absence. Hansen could be assigned to the Manitoba Moose because he's on a two-way contract that requires waivers. However, the winger re-directed a neat Henrik Sedin fake slapper Saturday and was a plus-2.

"It's out of my hands," shrugged Hansen. "It's a matter of taking every shift I can right now and making the most of it."

Scoring to give the Canucks a commanding 4-1 lead against the Pens didn't hurt.

"Hank was lining up for a slapper and just about everybody in the building was pretty sure that he was going to shoot it," recalled Hansen. "He put it on the side for me and it was a matter of being in the right place at the right time."

bkuzma@theprovince.com

© Copyright (c) The Province
Old 01-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #11114
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,523 Times in 5,742 Posts
Fuck the bodog sports book is pretty much BS lines, I'd rather almost play 2 games with sports action

Today's pick I did Chicago over sens, $20 wins $11.80 :/
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #11115
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Fuck the bodog sports book is pretty much BS lines, I'd rather almost play 2 games with sports action

Posted via RS Mobile
Then pick the Sens instead, I'm sure it would be good money LOL
Old 01-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #11116
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
How is that BS?

Everybody knows that Chicago is the overwhelming favourite while the Sens are the underdog.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #11117
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,523 Times in 5,742 Posts
Because it's like a .75 line, sportsaction has their odd at 1.45

even though they are the favorite I think it should be a little higher but I guess the lower lines are the result of the ability to bet on a single game
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #11118
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD604 View Post
Iginla aint doing shit for my pool.
Same
Old 01-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #11119
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
How is that BS?

Everybody knows that Chicago is the overwhelming favourite while the Sens are the underdog.
Sens are winning 2-0 right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 01-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #11120
HELP ME PLS!!!

Willie Mitchel is out day to day upper body injury, he will not be playing tomorrow against Edmonton
Old 01-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #11121
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=306855

Quote:
The Vancouver Canucks will be thinner on the blue-line Wednesday when they face the Oilers in Edmonton.

While top-four defenceman Kevin Bieksa continues his rehabilitation from a serious skate cut, stay-at-home rearguard Willie Mitchell, is not on the trip.

Coach Alain Vigneault would only say that Mitchell, who usually faces the opposition's top line, is day-to-day and has an upper body injury.

Mitchell played Saturday in a 6-2 NHL victory over Pittsburgh despite a sore back from a hit behind the net three days earlier from Minnesota Wild forward Derek Boogaard.

Late in the win over Pittsburgh that ended a three-game losing streak, Mitchell was driven head first into the end boards by Evgeni Malkin, who received a minor penalty for boarding.

Mitchell, who played all 82 games last season, got up slowly, didn't play another shift and missed Tuesday's practice.

"They say they watch every game so I'm sure that they've seen that hit," Vigneault said when asked if the league should review the Malkin check.

"We'll leave it up to them to decide if something needs to be done."

Bieksa was making his way around GM Place in a walking boot after suffering his second freak injury in three seasons because of a skate cut.

He missed 46 games in 2007-08 with a lacerated calf and muscle fibre leading to his Achilles tendon when cut by the skate of Vern Fiddler, then of the Nashville Predators.

On Dec. 29, the skate of Petr Prucha of the Phoenix Coyotes severed two tendons above his left ankle, an injury that has so far caused him to miss eight games.

Bieksa spent time with his family in Grimsby, Ont., but has returned to begin his rehabilitation.

"You can only feel sorry for yourself for so long and I think I took care of that at home," he said.

"I think I came back here with a pretty good mindset ... and focus on getting healthy as soon as possible."

There's no time frame for his return but Bieksa said the two injuries are different. He was in a hard cast for seven weeks with the first one but walking three or four days after surgery for the second skate cut.

Bieksa, who doesn't wear socks in his skates, said he'll look into the protection of kevlar socks worn by some players.

"Whether it be the socks over the shin pads or under, I think we have to protect ourselves a little bit better," he said.

The Canucks got some good news on the injury front when forwards Steve Bernier and Ryan Johnson made the trip to Edmonton. Whether they play will be a game-time decision, Vigneault said.

Bernier (groin) has missed three games while Johnson has missed 11 games with foot fractures.

This is a week when the Canucks play the Oilers (TSN, 10 p.m. ET), last in the Western Conference, and the Chicago Blackhawks, first in the conference, on Saturday.

In between are the Dallas Stars in a back-to-back test here Thursday and Vigneault said goalie Roberto Luongo will likely play both games.

Edmonton is also going through a series of injuries and is winless in its last eight games but Vigneault said he expects an intense, physical battle against a club that is 1-2 against Vancouver this season.

"Yes, their record as of late has not been real good," he said.

"Against us, they seem to get up and they seem to play a tough brand of hockey. It just makes us get ready for it, so that's what our guys are expecting."

NOTES: Practice got a little testy when defenceman Shane O'Brien and forward Mason Raymond tussled briefly during a drill ... Raymond grabbed O'Brien's stick and flung it in the direction of Vigneault while O'Brien pushed Raymond, knocking his helmet off ... O'Brien said later Raymond accused him of a slash which he denied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 01-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #11122
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Why is Raymond always in the middle of practice fights? This isn't the first time he's done this.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #11123
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,257 Times in 2,367 Posts
Lu needs to smack him upside the head once.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:30 PM   #11124
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Crosby having a 4 point night so far and the third period is still going strong.

An interesting article from Pierre LeBrun:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...=lebrun_pierre
Old 01-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #11125
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,257 Times in 2,367 Posts
Good news for us, Wings blew a 2-1 lead late in the 3rd and lost to the Caps.
Closed Thread