REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 06-21-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Cashiers handling the cash also serving food?

I was at Ikea buying an ice cream cone 2 days ago. I gave the cashier cash and she got a cone for me. She even used her fingers to touch part of the edible wafer. I ate it anyways and that night my stomach wasn't feeling well and had diarrhea.

I go to another location of Ikea yesterday, bought another cone and this time I was glad to see the guy handling the cash carefully use a napkin to wrap each cone before putting ice cream in. His fingers never touched the cone. I had no problem after.

This might even happen at McDonalds.

So do restaurant/fast food employers train their employees about this? It is common sense not to mix cash and food. Imagine all those germs from all that cash going into your food. gross!
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

well if they do that they are supposed to have a napkin around the cone. im sure you can file a complaint and get some free icecream for this
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
well if they do that they are supposed to have a napkin around the cone. im sure you can file a complaint and get some free icecream for this
McDonalds people never use napkins! maybe they are lazy, don't know they have dirty fingers, they want to be quick, or they want to save their company money from using napkins...
I'm complaining for sure, just thinking whether to complain in person, email or phone.
Sucks that I didn't get the cashier's name. OR maybe they all do that..
Old 06-21-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
Banned By Establishment

should always be using a napkin or something else. THey should never be touching food directly after handling cash
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #5

write a letter to higher up management that way there is a higher chance you will get free things
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #6
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
Eww....people who handle money should never directly touch food...
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,440 Times in 4,281 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
write a letter to higher up management that way there is a higher chance you will get free things
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Handling money and food

Wonder if they ever took FoodSafe:

Under the BC Health Act: Food Premises Regulation, Part 3, Division 2 - Training, Foodsafe Training 10 states that:

1) Every operator of a food service establishment must hold a certificate, issued by a health official, for the successful completion of the food handler training program known as FOODSAFE or its equivalent.

2) Every operator of a food service establishment must ensure that, while the operator is absent from the food service establishment, at least one employee present in the establishment holds the certificate referred to in subsection (1).

Not only is it an advantage to have the certification when apply for jobs in the industry, many employers actually require their employees to have the certification.

http://imperialhotelmanagementcolleg.../foodsafe.html
observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #9
sas
I bringith the lowerballerith

Of course they all take a Food Safe course. But, you have kids working or people that speak engrish getting paid min wage. Countless times, I had to have instruct the subway dude to wash his hands and change gloves before handling food much to his dismay.
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #10
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
you have a weak immune system.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #11
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I watch for this everytime I am in a fast food place and if I see it happening, I ask for my money back as it is digusting how dirt money is. Google it, if you dare
chrisbcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:14 PM   #12
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

well hot dog vendors do it all the time, no problems there...it probably makes the hot dog taste better
hahaha
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #13
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Stop being such a fucking pussy. It's not like you are going to get aids from eating ice cream after someone touched money. You know who touched that money too? YOU DID. And you not only ate ice cream, but you probably scratch your ass, pick your nose, wipe your eyes, and bite your fingernails without even thinking of it. Every day. So stop being such a puss, and quit complaining about useless shit on message boards.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #14
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
...you got diarrhea from someone touching your cone? I think you should check if you have herpes. Should form around your mouth in a couple of days.
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #15
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,212 Times in 1,397 Posts
Now now, the OP is merely bringing up a point that some cashier don't practice safe food-handling skills.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #16

Well people who work at mcdonalds are trained to wash their hands every 30minutes, but i mean its just some $1 ice cream.. =)

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:01 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Stop being such a fucking pussy. It's not like you are going to get aids from eating ice cream after someone touched money. You know who touched that money too? YOU DID. And you not only ate ice cream, but you probably scratch your ass, pick your nose, wipe your eyes, and bite your fingernails without even thinking of it. Every day. So stop being such a puss, and quit complaining about useless shit on message boards.
This thread is about cashiers handling cash and food. If I see that happen, I'll tell the person to wash their hands before making my food that I pay for. It's about the same thing as people going to the washroom without washing their hands and making your food.

So if you go to a sushi or sandwich shop and you see someone using their greasy hands, touching money, and then touch your food, you will still eat it?

Last edited by Amuse; 06-22-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Amuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 AM   #18
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
You're probably the type who filters their water before boiling it, before drinking it. Right? I bet I am right
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:30 AM   #19
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I wonder how the OP would survive eating street vendor food in .. well anywhere in Asia basically. Taiwan and Hong Kong come to mind. Seriously, its food, its cheap, kids in africa are eating dirty rice with flies buzzing around. Just eat your damn soft serve ice cream.
Moratorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #20
Need to Seek Professional Help

To each their own- no need to shit on other people's preferences.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #21
Banned By Establishment

I can see how this is gross but no need to make a big deal out of it. It's not like they smothered their hands on your food. Get over it PUSSY
WHEYsted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #22
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

hahah, i like it when I see people who wear gloves but then they never change their gloves and handle money and food the whole day w/ the same pair of gloves.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #23
My homepage has been set to RS

I think Mc Donalds has paper wrapping on there cones so the employess just touch the paper most the time i tihnk..

btw thats a prety weak stomach u got.. lol.. if you got diarrhea from just that.. its more likely she took a shit and didnt wash her hands, then her pickng up coins and giving u diarrhea.. think about it, how many times do u pay for food (your hands handle money) then u eat a burger or fries with those same hands :P.. its the same thing
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #24
RS controls my life!

i dont see why other people are bitching at the OP .. contamination of food is a health risk..
Old 06-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #25
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by q0192837465 View Post
hahah, i like it when I see people who wear gloves but then they never change their gloves and handle money and food the whole day w/ the same pair of gloves.
+1
especially when the gloves are turning black and dirty LOL

it's honestly not a big deal.

After they touch your money, they go grab your sandwich and touch the food bag.

How are you gonna eat your sandwich? You're gonna touch the wrapper that's been contaminated.

there's no way around this unless you're demanding food workers to wash their hands every 20 seconds.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote