REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Fighting and starting shit

Suddenly just wondering, I know there are a few guys out there who likes to get into fights and violence. They either purposely look for every reason to fight, or are easily offended and wants to fight. I am speaking of a party or club environment, and sometimes anywhere too. What do you think of these people, are you one of them and whats your reason?
Advertisement
hear-it-first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
some are based on just their background.

a lot of my EI friends told me its just in their blood, very competitive, and in their culture to be on top, number 1.

some ppl just have a lot of pent up anger

and some are just freakin bored...

overall, i gotta say, as a society, the whole freedom of speech, i can do whatever i want, freedom of expression, is the cause for the movement of so much public violence in our culture.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I have an uncontrollable urge to punch people in the face when they make eye contact with me.

that is all.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

Fuck you, mother fucker, wanna go?
choda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choda View Post
Fuck you, mother fucker, wanna go?
lets go metrotown outside mcdoanlds
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
I would say most of these types of people that I've encountered have a lot of rage bottled up inside, on top of a massive ego
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
I'll stay out of this topic as I'll be banned for racism.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
JV6
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Sigh, I'm usually the guy who is in the middle to prevent fights from breaking out so no one can get hurt from both sides . I would say more but like Maginhurricane said I might get banned for racism lol
JV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I have a bad temper maybe because I'm EI? lol. I have a few Italian friends who have crazy tempers as well, I would say even worst compared to most EI guys.

Finally at the age of 28 I can control my temper but when I was younger I would pick fights and do other stupid shit. However, I find that most youth today compared to a few years ago, no matter what your background is, start fights just for the hell of it. I guess our culture has changed from a few years ago.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:10 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

i dont care about getting banned, so i'll say what's on everyone's minds:

brown ppl are insecure.
Synaptik is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #11
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Come on now, you can't make a blanket statement and call all EI people "insecure".
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #12
Tech Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri View Post
Come on now, you can't make a blanket statement and call all EI people "insecure".
i think he meant 'in general'..he just didn't articulate it properly
but i agree with him
Old 06-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #13
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post

overall, i gotta say, as a society, the whole freedom of speech, i can do whatever i want, freedom of expression, is the cause for the movement of so much public violence in our culture.
Are you inferring that freedom of speech is the reason why we have a violent society and that the reason all these "macho" men/women fight is because of freedom of speech?
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #14
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

this topic is set to go to fight club, but trouble starters are everywhere not just limited to one race. For the most part smart individuals can avoid these types of situations.
twixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:33 PM   #15
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri View Post
However, I find that most youth today compared to a few years ago, no matter what your background is, start fights just for the hell of it. I guess our culture has changed from a few years ago.
Cause all the little kids running around wanna be gangsters
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #16
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
Are you inferring that freedom of speech is the reason why we have a violent society and that the reason all these "macho" men/women fight is because of freedom of speech?
no. but i think he means that violence and conflict are an inevitable consequence in a society that allows free speech - especially in people who have problems controlling their temper / tolerating a difference of opinions.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #17
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
a lot of my EI friends told me its just in their blood, very competitive, and in their culture to be on top, number 1.
probably your EI friends are in the group who always try to be hardcore or gangster.

it really depends on how their parents taught them when they are young.
I don't believe people are born to be agreesive.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #18
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

ego.
billboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:03 PM   #19
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

its not about insecure. its just culture. east indian guys are surrounded by a very competitive culture, so one way to stick out from the rest is to be more agressive, or be more cocky, or be more of anything.

however, with that said, some of my ei friends are some of the most chill friends i got. (cept when it comes to hockey, then the gloves come off!) hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synaptik View Post
i dont care about getting banned, so i'll say what's on everyone's minds:

brown ppl are insecure.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:07 PM   #20
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

yup, yes i am. way back, ppl were more oppressed, felt the need to conform to society, not act out.

now, everyone is exercising their free speech, which also extends to freedom of expression. ppl see no need to hold back their feelings anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 06-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #21
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

naaa, complete opposite. if they were the hardcore wannabe gangbanger, they wouldnt admit to it, get all pissed off, and threaten that i shut up or their family would kill me.

my ei buddies are all pretty damn chill. they are old and mature enough to be able to say, "yeah, my ppl have anger problems, but what teenager these days doesnt?"

call me being canadian enough to be multicultural. but then, if hockey is on, and we are rooting for different team, it can get nasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
probably your EI friends are in the group who always try to be hardcore or gangster.

it really depends on how their parents taught them when they are young.
I don't believe people are born to be agreesive.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 06-21-2009, 07:14 PM   #22
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

naaa, so far so good, its pretty civil so far in this thread.

you cant say u havent noticed how much more violent and "brave" the youth are now. More stabbings, more theft, more of everything, all done by younger and younger individuals.

more and more youth with pent up rage and anger, and dont know of any way to deal with it. honestly, im surprised they havent made some program or class in highschool teaching the youth how to deal with todays modern stresses. They finally did it with sex ed, business ed (basic financial teachings), so i dont see why not this be another class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner200hp View Post
this topic is set to go to fight club, but trouble starters are everywhere not just limited to one race. For the most part smart individuals can avoid these types of situations.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 06-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #23
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

my friend got beat up at a gas station once, the guy was trainning to be a UFC fighter or something, the gas attendant told us that guy comes around often to pick fights with ppl to help him train.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #24
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,584 Times in 4,299 Posts
it's simple certin people booze brings out the worst in them.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #25
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,824 Times in 8,194 Posts
99 times out of 100, people who usually try to start shit are insecure, and have huge egos, no matter what their race.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote