REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Fighting and starting shit (https://www.revscene.net/forums/580010-fighting-starting-shit.html)

hear-it-first 06-21-2009 04:13 PM

Fighting and starting shit

Suddenly just wondering, I know there are a few guys out there who likes to get into fights and violence. They either purposely look for every reason to fight, or are easily offended and wants to fight. I am speaking of a party or club environment, and sometimes anywhere too. What do you think of these people, are you one of them and whats your reason?

!SG 06-21-2009 04:26 PM

some are based on just their background.

a lot of my EI friends told me its just in their blood, very competitive, and in their culture to be on top, number 1.

some ppl just have a lot of pent up anger

and some are just freakin bored...

overall, i gotta say, as a society, the whole freedom of speech, i can do whatever i want, freedom of expression, is the cause for the movement of so much public violence in our culture.

Chestnut 06-21-2009 04:26 PM

I have an uncontrollable urge to punch people in the face when they make eye contact with me.

that is all.

choda 06-21-2009 04:31 PM

Fuck you, mother fucker, wanna go?

shawn79 06-21-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choda (Post 6475846)
Fuck you, mother fucker, wanna go?

lets go metrotown outside mcdoanlds :haha:

Culture_Vulture 06-21-2009 05:16 PM

I would say most of these types of people that I've encountered have a lot of rage bottled up inside, on top of a massive ego

Meowjin 06-21-2009 05:30 PM

I'll stay out of this topic as I'll be banned for racism.

JV6 06-21-2009 05:54 PM

Sigh, I'm usually the guy who is in the middle to prevent fights from breaking out so no one can get hurt from both sides :(. I would say more but like Maginhurricane said I might get banned for racism lol

Harvey Specter 06-21-2009 06:09 PM

I have a bad temper maybe because I'm EI? lol. I have a few Italian friends who have crazy tempers as well, I would say even worst compared to most EI guys.

Finally at the age of 28 I can control my temper but when I was younger I would pick fights and do other stupid shit. However, I find that most youth today compared to a few years ago, no matter what your background is, start fights just for the hell of it. I guess our culture has changed from a few years ago.

Synaptik 06-21-2009 06:10 PM

i dont care about getting banned, so i'll say what's on everyone's minds:

brown ppl are insecure.

Harvey Specter 06-21-2009 06:16 PM

Come on now, you can't make a blanket statement and call all EI people "insecure".

KaOsTiK 06-21-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri (Post 6475964)
Come on now, you can't make a blanket statement and call all EI people "insecure".

i think he meant 'in general'..he just didn't articulate it properly
but i agree with him

Alphamale 06-21-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !SG (Post 6475838)

overall, i gotta say, as a society, the whole freedom of speech, i can do whatever i want, freedom of expression, is the cause for the movement of so much public violence in our culture.

Are you inferring that freedom of speech is the reason why we have a violent society and that the reason all these "macho" men/women fight is because of freedom of speech?

twixxer 06-21-2009 06:32 PM

this topic is set to go to fight club, but trouble starters are everywhere not just limited to one race. For the most part smart individuals can avoid these types of situations.

!Yaminashi 06-21-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri (Post 6475954)
However, I find that most youth today compared to a few years ago, no matter what your background is, start fights just for the hell of it. I guess our culture has changed from a few years ago.

Cause all the little kids running around wanna be gangsters

nipples 06-21-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale (Post 6475976)
Are you inferring that freedom of speech is the reason why we have a violent society and that the reason all these "macho" men/women fight is because of freedom of speech?

no. but i think he means that violence and conflict are an inevitable consequence in a society that allows free speech - especially in people who have problems controlling their temper / tolerating a difference of opinions.

asian_XL 06-21-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !SG (Post 6475838)
a lot of my EI friends told me its just in their blood, very competitive, and in their culture to be on top, number 1.

probably your EI friends are in the group who always try to be hardcore or gangster.

it really depends on how their parents taught them when they are young.
I don't believe people are born to be agreesive.

billboa 06-21-2009 06:59 PM

ego.

!SG 06-21-2009 07:03 PM

its not about insecure. its just culture. east indian guys are surrounded by a very competitive culture, so one way to stick out from the rest is to be more agressive, or be more cocky, or be more of anything.

however, with that said, some of my ei friends are some of the most chill friends i got. (cept when it comes to hockey, then the gloves come off!) hahahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synaptik (Post 6475955)
i dont care about getting banned, so i'll say what's on everyone's minds:

brown ppl are insecure.

!SG 06-21-2009 07:07 PM

yup, yes i am. way back, ppl were more oppressed, felt the need to conform to society, not act out.

now, everyone is exercising their free speech, which also extends to freedom of expression. ppl see no need to hold back their feelings anymore...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale (Post 6475976)

!SG 06-21-2009 07:10 PM

naaa, complete opposite. if they were the hardcore wannabe gangbanger, they wouldnt admit to it, get all pissed off, and threaten that i shut up or their family would kill me.

my ei buddies are all pretty damn chill. they are old and mature enough to be able to say, "yeah, my ppl have anger problems, but what teenager these days doesnt?"

call me being canadian enough to be multicultural. but then, if hockey is on, and we are rooting for different team, it can get nasty!

Quote:

Originally Posted by asian_XL (Post 6476006)
probably your EI friends are in the group who always try to be hardcore or gangster.

it really depends on how their parents taught them when they are young.
I don't believe people are born to be agreesive.

!SG 06-21-2009 07:14 PM

naaa, so far so good, its pretty civil so far in this thread.

you cant say u havent noticed how much more violent and "brave" the youth are now. More stabbings, more theft, more of everything, all done by younger and younger individuals.

more and more youth with pent up rage and anger, and dont know of any way to deal with it. honestly, im surprised they havent made some program or class in highschool teaching the youth how to deal with todays modern stresses. They finally did it with sex ed, business ed (basic financial teachings), so i dont see why not this be another class.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuner200hp (Post 6475993)
this topic is set to go to fight club, but trouble starters are everywhere not just limited to one race. For the most part smart individuals can avoid these types of situations.

kkttsang 06-21-2009 08:13 PM

my friend got beat up at a gas station once, the guy was trainning to be a UFC fighter or something, the gas attendant told us that guy comes around often to pick fights with ppl to help him train.

murd0c 06-21-2009 08:21 PM

it's simple certin people booze brings out the worst in them.

SkinnyPupp 06-21-2009 08:41 PM

99 times out of 100, people who usually try to start shit are insecure, and have huge egos, no matter what their race.