REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
I don't get it

It's been a year

Since I got a lame ticket because the officer felt my seatbelt in my 1985 eldorado wasn't working properly. Well after my mechanic not only told me, but showed me it was working properly I decided to dispute. It's been a year, I know they have like 2 years to get it to court. Is this not the biggest waste of my time, the officers time, and the publics resources? Anyways can I expect to go to court, i have been patiently waiting to see this cops face again. i don't even own the vehicle anymore. My mechanic is still willing to testify though!
Advertisement
That made NO SENSE.. And it is actually SPELT not spelled. Spelled isn't even a word. You would have to be some kind of retard not to know that. Go learn some english and then come back because clearly you are either some highschool wannabe gangster who skips his english class too often or your gene pool is so f***ed up from the in-breeding that it finally screwed up the neuro processors in that lump you call a brain.
Burvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Is the Cop even around still?don't they rotate RCMP frequently.
wnderinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
I don't get it

Not too sure, kinda curious as to why they havn't brought it to court yet.
That made NO SENSE.. And it is actually SPELT not spelled. Spelled isn't even a word. You would have to be some kind of retard not to know that. Go learn some english and then come back because clearly you are either some highschool wannabe gangster who skips his english class too often or your gene pool is so f***ed up from the in-breeding that it finally screwed up the neuro processors in that lump you call a brain.
Burvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
RS Peace Officer

The court system for traffic court is back logged and it generally takes quite some time before you get your dispute.

You could try calling ICBC or the court registry to see if they have any information for you on when it may be.
Five-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
HELP ME PLS!!!

over a year is normal.

"Is this not the biggest waste of my time, the officers time, and the publics resources"

if it takes 1 day, 1 year, or 5 years before a court date, the resources used would be the same... which is only that day.
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:08 AM   #6
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Then you would love some of the small County Police Forces in the US. Get stopped roadside, either pay cash or you are taken before the Judge or held in jail till his next court date....which is usually some time next week. Guess what happens with your speedy trial process there? ....."for all other things, there is Mastercard!"
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #7
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Get stopped roadside, either pay cash or you are taken before the Judge or held in jail till his next court date...."

What's the definition of robbed at gunpoint again?
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

Just another example of how "knowledgeable" these cops are of mechanical devices. Heck if they can't tell the difference between a properly functioning seatbelt, how can they claim to be able to do roadside checks for vehicle safety?

Zulu and Skid will tell you that they have weeks of training to be able to mechanically inspect a vehicle, I beg to differ.
stutterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #9
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutterr View Post
Zulu and Skid will tell you that they have weeks of training to be able to mechanically inspect a vehicle, I beg to differ.
Now, now.. we don't know exactly what their work/training history is so these sorts of assumptions shouldn't be made.

However I do agree that if an officer isn't specifically trained in vehicle inspections he shouldn't be handing out tickets or inspection orders unless the vehicle is clearly out of compliance or dangerous.

The number of times I hear about people getting tint tickets for factory green solar glass makes me question what other bogus tickets are issued and how much time is wasted in court, lost wages fighting the ticket, etc...
Old 07-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

Well from reading other posts they get "a few weeks of training" to be able to inspect vehicles and issue tickets for VI. I was being a bit sarcastic...

Bottom line if you can't tell if a seatbelt is functioning, their "weeks of training" is obviously not sufficient.

If they belt was frayed or soemthing I can see that, but they are quite simple devices. Especially on a older model car.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #11
I subscribe to Revscene

Obvious visible defects aside, I don't think the roadside is the place to be doing inspections, especially when it involves reaching into the car to check that the seatbelt locks when pulled hard, etc...
Old 07-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

regardless just another example of how uneducated these cops are.

From not know if a seatbelt can function to something as simple as knowing the current rate for an offence, these coppers need to go back to school.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:50 PM   #13
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
Now, now.. we don't know exactly what their work/training history is so these sorts of assumptions shouldn't be made.
You must be new to this forum.. it's the job of most Revscene members with no lives to try and get everyone else's panties into knots. Stutterr is just really good at it...
Old 07-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #14
Banned (ABWS)

ROFL ^^