REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 07-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #26
RS Veteran

how many people work in your office? are there other couples?

you could let her know you're interested and also let her know that you're aware that workplace relationships may be weird and for both of you to sit down and talk about it before you start anything.

but seriously if the both of you are mature and strong enough, you'll be able to deal with any situation. there will always be people who gossip. the only thing that you really have to be concerned about is whether there is a policy on workplace relationships. you might even want to talk to management or HR first to find out.

my office has lots of couples dating and lots of married couples....it doesn't matter from management;s perspective. but my office has about 2000 people. only thing of concern is if there is a possible conflict of interest.

Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #27
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Having had friends that have dated in the workplace, I haven't seen a single couple work out. It's either ended up with a few months of awkwardness for them, 1 person leaving the company or 1 person getting fired.

There's actually some companies that have it written in the employee manuals that frown upon co-workers getting together. Personally I've never worked for a company like that.
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #28

DON'T DIP YOUR PEN IN THE COMPANY INK

unless she's just an intern, temp, or it's not a career job. otherwise jeezy don't do it!!

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #29
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Don't do it.
Chairman Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #30
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
I work with my ex in the same office and even though we don't see each other everyday it can still get awkward at times

I wouldn't suggest it.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E N D L E S S View Post
DON'T DIP YOUR PEN IN THE COMPANY INK
Quoted for awesomeness!!
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:54 AM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

if you are mature enough to deal with the consequences...why the hell not? trust your gut and do it when the time is right.
crzymofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #33
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzymofo View Post
if you are mature enough to deal with the consequences...why the hell not? trust your gut and do it when the time is right.
Just because you're mature enough doesn't mean the other person will be.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #34
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_liu_6 View Post
23, i've worked there for 8 months now, its career related
Just wondering, are you an accountant?

Whatever you do, make sure she's in a different dept/floor at least. That way if asked, you can cleanly say to your bosses that the relationship does NOT affect your work. Otherwise you'll be shooting your career in the foot as rumours (whether true or not) do start. Oh, and ABSOLUTELY NO PDAs AT WORK. None. That will destroy your future at the firm.

I know somebody who dated + broke up with someone in the next CUBICLE (literally!). Can you imagine seeing your ex 5 days a week the day after you get dumped?

I once worked in a VERY incestuous place (Engineering firm, no names ) where maybe 50% of the company had been there for 30+ years, and another 25% were 20+ years. I kid you not. Some things I witnessed 1st hand while there:

a) Employee marrying a coworker, divorcing him after a few years, then marrying ANOTHER coworker (they're still together). ALL 3 STILL WORK THERE.
b) Employee getting drunk at a company event, then banging a coworker's daughter in his car. Yeah the daughter was a cute 19yo blonde but boy was it awkward dealing with her mother (who did payroll here) for the rest of my time there. I was in the same department as the said employee, and therefore got pulled into the drama even though I had nothing to do with it.
c) Employee (actually, the mother from b)), who is a divorced single mom, marrying another coworker who had also been there forever. Sloppy seconds anyone?

There were quite a few other really messed up stories, but they didn't involve fishing from the company pier and so are irrelevant to this discussion.

Last edited by slammer111; 07-24-2009 at 02:25 PM.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote