REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #51
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
OMFG IT GOES FAST IN A STRAIGHT LINE!!!

Put down that power on a track on a FWD and see how fast it is.
Advertisement
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:58 AM   #52
Banned (ABWS)

FWD sucks, case closed
jeff_alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:58 AM   #53
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Understeer into the wall
And besides that engine sounds like crap...

I agree with what's been said about honda even bothering with this segment, they're hopeless trying to sell a performance V8, they should really work on their V6s though and try to produce the same power with the same fuel economy as their competitors.
All they have now is their 4 bangers in Canada that are actually decent competitive engines...
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #54
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
"Asking the front wheels of a car to do the normal job of steering while handling, lets say, more than 170 bhp, is like asking a man to wire a plug while juggling..... penguins..... while making love... to a beautiful woman, while on fire, on stage, in front of the queen."
Best said
jeff_alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #55
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSpeaker View Post
it's not like your little Kompressor is any better
silly ricer
At the time it was better than any Acura or Lexus.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #56
Need to Seek Professional Help

[QUOTE=orange7;6516085]Ya.. I totally agree with you that what Honda is doing is actually a really smart move in a business stand point.[quote]

Absolutely. A civic can be sold, in quantity, in North America, and much of Asia, Europe, Australia and South America (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_c...rm_derivatives)

A Camaro or Mustang-type car can be sold in quantity in... North America (Maybe! The Camaro was shitcanned for a reason!) and probably Australia.

Quote:
Even though I understand that Honda might come out loosing money from a v8 RWD, I really want to see what vtech in a v8 can do.
VTAK isn't the end all and be-all. There are already a number of small-displacement, high-revving DOHC V8 engines that tell you what can be done with that type of engine (4L v8 in the E92 M3; 4.3l V8 in the Ferrari F430). VTAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaK isn't going to be incredibly better.

Quote:
is it cheaper to manufacture FWD?
Yes. Material costs are lower as the car is lighter, more efficient, and has fewer moving parts.
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #57
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

But I always thot Acura is meant to compete with premium brands. Buy by the way it looks, it's still a par under Lexus/Infiniti. Seriously. Lexus/Infiniti is upscale. Acura is nothing but the rebadged Honda.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #58
Banned (ABWS)

[quote=Blinky;6516594]
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post

VTAK isn't the end all and be-all. There are already a number of small-displacement, high-revving DOHC V8 engines that tell you what can be done with that type of engine (4L v8 in the E92 M3; 4.3l V8 in the Ferrari F430). VTAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaK isn't going to be incredibly better.
I also want to see other car manufactures bringing up new v8 as well.. I don't just want to see a honda v8. I want to see v8, v10, etc from all companies, even thought it will mean a loss for them in a business stand.
I think you've misunderstood me. I love the v8 sound from a Ferrari, and I would never want ferrari to stop making v8.
I was only pointing specifically at Honda because this thread is about Honda. LOL
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #59
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
[QUOTE=orange7;6516644]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky View Post

I also want to see other car manufactures bringing up new v8 as well.. I don't just want to see a honda v8. I want to see v8, v10, etc from all companies, even thought it will mean a loss for them in a business stand.
I think you've misunderstood me. I love the v8 sound from a Ferrari, and I would never want ferrari to stop making v8.
I was only pointing specifically at Honda because this thread is about Honda. LOL
lol...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_valve_timing

vtech is nothing but marketing... just like hemi.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #60
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post

lol...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_valve_timing

vtech is nothing but marketing... just like hemi.
Please attribute quotations correctly. Thanks

That said, you are correct. Though initially, I believe that VTAAAAAAAAAAaaaK was unique in that it did timing, lift and duration all in one system. The other mfgs have caught up now.
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #61
Banned By Establishment

yeah ment to do it on orange7
Old 07-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #62
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
yeah ment to do it on orange7
Old 07-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #63
Banned (ABWS)

Seriously, am I the only one who is upset that the NSX AND the v8 engine has been canceled by Honda? Then again, I wouldn't be upset if Honda had never announced developing them.

Oh, this goes for any other car manufactures as well.
If nissan had stopped the development on the R35, I would be upset but not pissed.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #64
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
honda has always been, and continue to be the most boring auto manufacturer in this world.
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:37 PM   #65
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Seriously, am I the only one who is upset that the NSX AND the v8 engine has been canceled by Honda?
Yeah, because considering the age & economical demographic of the members that comprise this site, only a small margin of members would've actually made use of brand new real high end sports (or exotic) cars.

Now if a certain auto manufacturer were to say, it will cease their R&D to hybrid, electric, or alternate fuel engines everyone would be more up in arms as its more of a technology that everyone will someday benefit from. (or should benefit from at least).
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:12 PM   #66
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Is it just me or does Honda take a lot of bad mouthing on RS. I know a lot of punks drive Honda...but do we need to bash a company that builds good cars?

We're in a recession...it's a business decision...compared to other companies...Honda is doing better....by sticking to their core values.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:46 PM   #67
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
Is it just me or does Honda take a lot of bad mouthing on RS. I know a lot of punks drive Honda...but do we need to bash a company that builds good cars?

We're in a recession...it's a business decision...compared to other companies...Honda is doing better....by sticking to their core values.
You should go this this thread on acurazine

http://www.acurazine.com/forums/show...396703&page=10

Its funny the amount of bashing they do on acura...on an acura forum! LOL
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:27 PM   #68
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

Even though I understand that Honda might come out loosing money from a v8 RWD, I really want to see what vtech in a v8 can do. I'm a car enthusiastic, and even though i can't afford any of those v8 rwd cars I still want to read and admire them. However, if i'm a business man I would give mad props to Honda.

I know what i just said is selfish because there is always a chance that Honda might destroy it self from making a v8 rwd in this economical time. I'm just a little upset with all the hope I had for the NSX and the v8. You gotta admitt it too that you had actually looked forward for the NSX and v8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Yeah, because considering the age & economical demographic of the members that comprise this site, only a small margin of members would've actually made use of brand new real high end sports (or exotic) cars.

Now if a certain auto manufacturer were to say, it will cease their R&D to hybrid, electric, or alternate fuel engines everyone would be more up in arms as its more of a technology that everyone will someday benefit from. (or should benefit from at least).
I've never said anything about ppl on this site being able to afford those cars or not. Besides, v8 and rwd doesn't have to be used in high end sports (or exotic) cars. Although it's going to cost a lot to put one in a regular honda, I think it's a good option to have for the Honda Ridgeline. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure most of us will like to see and be able to afford a rwd RSX/integra if it's offered here. Now let's move away being able to afford v8 and RWD technology. The Acura lineup needs to have some sort of performance that differs it from Honda. Afterall, Acura is a premium brand (well not really). I think it will be cool to have the ZDX offered in a vtec v6 and a vtec v8 as well as sh-rwd and sh-awd. That would be some "interesting" news to read about.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:44 PM   #69
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Ignore teh troll.

Anyway, put 2 F20C blocks together and they could make a V8 with over 400hp.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:00 AM   #70
Banned By Establishment

im getitng rid of my tl and getting a g8 g2
Old 07-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #71
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

RWD FTW

but V8s are just optional, Honda doesn't really need V8s really....
Quickshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #72
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,772 Times in 1,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asahai69 View Post
honda has always been, and continue to be the most boring auto manufacturer in this world.
Sorry, that's Toyota. Seriously, they don't have a sporting model anymore... not even in the sport-compact segment.

Corolla XRS - seriously!?
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #73
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
^
IS-F
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #74
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,772 Times in 1,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
^
IS-F
Toyota not Lexus. Lexus has sporty cars. asahai said Honda, not Acura, so I'm comparing Honda to Toyota.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #75
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
^ its the same shit different pile. acura is the same dam thing as honda. just a little nicer on the inside. lol. Toyota the company made the IS-F. Honda made a supercar back in the 90s. then made a shittier version later on. atleast toyota had the supra and now has the IS-F. i am biased tho cuz i would never really look into buyin a japanese car. but i would totally buy a toyota before i buy a honda. to me. therye the exact same thing but toyota has always been a step or two ahead of honda.

honda does make good lawnmower engines tho. gota give them that!
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote