REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #76
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahai69 View Post
honda does make good lawnmower engines tho. gota give them that!
and technically speaking, those honda lawnmovers are sorta like RWD since you're pushing from behind. LOL
Advertisement
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #77
Banned (ABWS)

CivicTypeRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #78
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
honda has always been, and continue to be the most boring auto manufacturer in this world.

ya ok

dodge and kia makes the most exciting cars around the world right?

they dominate the market
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:05 PM   #79
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
Dodge Viper, Challenger, Charger?

Even the Kia Soul has more character than most of Honda's lineup.
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #80
Banned (BBM)

the above statement make it sound like DC2 , s2k, B16 SIR, DC5 R, and NSX were all shitty cars that was at the buttom of the car manufacture during its time. That cant race shit around the track nor keep up with other competitors car around the track.

Last edited by Mugen EvOlutioN; 07-27-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #81
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
make it sound like DC2 R , s2k, B16 SIR, DC5 R , NSX were all at the buttom of the food chain were it once was all CRAP car that cant race shit nor keep up with other competitors car around the track at its time
I cannot comprehend this post.
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #82
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Can your Honda do this?
[youtube]j2qLW3wU2Ug[/youtube]
[youtube]G-FtspKilJk[/youtube]
[youtube]4v0P2LHSBvo[/youtube]

Last edited by SpuGen; 07-27-2009 at 03:30 PM.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:29 PM   #83
Banned (BBM)

did you miss s2k and NSX?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #84
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Tell me how is it that hyundai is able to create a RWD genesis coupe with budget pricing, while honda can only make FWD civic SI or designing huge grill plates for Acura.

I drive a Honda myself, I like my car. But Honda as a company isnt exciting anymore.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #85
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
Seriously, am I the only one who is upset that the NSX AND the v8 engine has been canceled by Honda? Then again, I wouldn't be upset if Honda had never announced developing them.

Oh, this goes for any other car manufactures as well.
If nissan had stopped the development on the R35, I would be upset but not pissed.
I'm kinda upset with cancellation of the NSX. I wanted them to resurrect it and at the same time stay true to its platform (mid-engine, RWD). When the concept came out, it was still nice but lost the "soul" of the NSX. They should've developed the HSC.

They didn't rule out an AWD V10 NSX. Haha...Veyron competition!!
Ilagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #86
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilagon View Post
I'm kinda upset with cancellation of the NSX. I wanted them to resurrect it and at the same time stay true to its platform (mid-engine, RWD). When the concept came out, it was still nice but lost the "soul" of the NSX. They should've developed the HSC.

They didn't rule out an AWD V10 NSX. Haha...Veyron competition!!
The HSC was really nice. Got me really excited to tell me that they cancelled it, and instead, had a front engine/AWD concept. But now they canned that one too...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #87

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
Quote:

ya ok

dodge and kia makes the most exciting cars around the world right?

they dominate the market
the fact that you compared dodge to honda just makes me laugh. yeah man. vipers/viper trucks/srt-8 chargers and challengers/srt-4 cobalt are sooo fucking boring compared to any honda vehicle.

but then again. i have never got the same boner you do when ur V-TEC kicks in and your doing 85 in 5th gear revving at 6000rpm!!!!! that must be some feeling. i totally envy you
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #88
Banned (BBM)

and i shall envy you when your piece of shit 90s mercedes plateform falls apart on the side of the road

reliablity ever heard? guess not thats why you got a 300C
Old 07-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #89
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I guess this is Honda's style.....FWD VTEC YO...
Quicktrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #90
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

It shows that all Honda cares about is making money. They figure out exactly what will sell the most and that is all they build.

I'd say VW is one of the coolest car companies for one reason... Bugatti..
They are losing so much money building that car but they did it just to say they could do it (I know Bugatti isnt VW.. but its owned by VW so pretty much VW is paying the bill..)
Old 07-27-2009, 08:21 PM   #91
Banned (BBM)

penner

every company is in for the money, if they werent than what are they in for? charity? whatever sells, they make more and target the consumers

with this shitty economy, the automobile's focus right now would be something more fuel efficient. V10 / v12 really wouldnt be practical nor something 450hp +. Hence why a lot of smaller 4 banger are still running around. Yaris, Fit, Versa, Sentra, Smart car, and minis
Old 07-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #92

Quote:
and i shall envy you when your piece of shit 90s mercedes plateform falls apart on the side of the road

reliablity ever heard? guess not thats why you got a 300C
3 years of driving this thing hard and it has never given me a problem. but hey when it does fall apart. ill be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy farther down the road than an rsx. if i wanted a vehicle that i planned to drive 10+ years. ill buy a civic for sure. but i dont see that happening anytime in the future.

seriously though. you do have to keep ur revs at 5500rpm to get up hills right??????
Old 07-27-2009, 08:27 PM   #93
Ubereem Mod

Even the veyron's for money.
It's the technology that bugatti develops that helps the company makes money in the future.

It's call R&D.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #94
Banned (BBM)

quit being a sarcastic pig 3000-3500rpm if that satisfy your needs

i do admite honda doesnt make exciting cars like they use to. Now it is boring as fuck, and i assure myself my next one will definitely not be a honda

like i mentioned, the trends of this automobile scene seems to be whatever the crowd wants/afford. And not everyone can afford 90-100 dollar per fill on 92 octane.

with the integra gone, s2000, nsx. Honda really doesnt have much left. Same with toyota. They dropped the celica and supra (mr2?)
Old 07-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #95
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
3 years of driving this thing hard and it has never given me a problem. but hey when it does fall apart. ill be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy farther down the road than an rsx. if i wanted a vehicle that i planned to drive 10+ years. ill buy a civic for sure. but i dont see that happening anytime in the future.

seriously though. you do have to keep ur revs at 5500rpm to get up hills right??????
hence why i recommand people to lease or extend warranty if they go american or german, saves the repair bill and hassel.

IF they plan to keep the car anywhere from 5-15 years? jap would be a better and safer choice.

Honestly, lots of relatives and friends among me had numerous problems with A4, A6, ML, X5, 7 series etc
Old 07-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #96
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
penner

every company is in for the money, if they werent than what are they in for? charity? whatever sells, they make more and target the consumers

with this shitty economy, the automobile's focus right now would be something more fuel efficient. V10 / v12 really wouldnt be practical nor something 450hp +. Hence why a lot of smaller 4 banger are still running around. Yaris, Fit, Versa, Sentra, Smart car, and minis
What I'm saying is that they arent doing anything unique to stand out.. if its not gonna make them a bunch of money they dont do it..
I'm not saying they shouldnt be trying to make money..
Just most brands have a "cool" car that sorta stands out that they dont really make much money from but they make it anyways..
Old 07-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #97

Quote:
penner

ok there buddy. your tappin your fingers on your keyboard without thinking shit through first. dudes arent buying v10/v12 engines with 450+ hp for practical reasons. hence why honda will keep on making 4 bangers. its practical family vehicles that have the majority of sales. hence the reason why honda will be the most boring fucking auto company in the world. and exactly why honda will also be one of the most profitable auto companies of the world.

they dont sell as many vehicles as the do for being dumb asses.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #98
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penner2k View Post
What I'm saying is that they arent doing anything unique to stand out.. if its not gonna make them a bunch of money they dont do it..
I'm not saying they shouldnt be trying to make money..
Just most brands have a "cool" car that sorta stands out that they dont really make much money from but they make it anyways..
ic what you are saying now

Quote:
ok there buddy. your tappin your fingers on your keyboard without thinking shit through first. dudes arent buying v10/v12 engines with 450+ hp for practical reasons. hence why honda will keep on making 4 bangers. its practical family vehicles that have the majority of sales. hence the reason why honda will be the most boring fucking auto company in the world. and exactly why honda will also be one of the most profitable auto companies of the world.

they dont sell as many vehicles as the do for being dumb asses.
wtf, you bash honda in the first place because they make boring cars.

Now i said if Honda continued with their original route like their NSX project would it still be boring as FUCK and it was gonna be a V10 with 550hp??
Isnt the reason why Toyota and NIssan didnt get labeled boring as fuck category by you because they have IS-F and GTR?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #99
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
quit being a sarcastic pig 3000-3500rpm if that satisfy your needs

i do admite honda doesnt make exciting cars like they use to. Now it is boring as fuck, and i assure myself my next one will definitely not be a honda

like i mentioned, the trends of this automobile scene seems to be whatever the crowd wants/afford. And not everyone can afford 90-100 dollar per fill on 92 octane.

with the integra gone, s2000, nsx. Honda really doesnt have much left. Same with toyota. They dropped the celica and supra (mr2?)
My 4.0L V8 with RWD Lexus gets up Boundary at 2000rpms barely touching the throttle, and it's still gaining speed. For an engine that was developed during the 80's and released in 89, I get about 400 to the tank at $70 worth of 91. Vtec what?

You forget that theres still the IS and the SC430.

Acura will get nowhere fast without V8 and RWD.
Look at Lexus, the pinnacle of Luxury Japanese cars. Started with V8 and RWD, and sticking with it all the way through. Even Infiniti and Hyundai are following suit.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #100
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Toyota is probably the most boring car maker from Japan, not Honda. But, boring is what the market wants, I guess.

Acura lost its way in the mid-1990s; the brand was no longer the same once they ditched the names and went to alpha-numeric designations. I have had the chance to drive both the Legend and Vigor (a 6-speed Type-II coupe and a 5-speed GS respectively) in the last month - great cars even today.

The current Acuras are an abomination with horrible styling.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote