REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Photography Lab

Photography Lab THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
A place to display digital masterpieces, enhance photography skills, photoshop, and share photo tips with one another...

Old 09-16-2021, 01:42 PM   #26
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Small update. Debated between Polaroid and Fujifilm first. Polaroid instant film is like almost 3x the cost of Fujifilm instant film. So I ended up getting a Fujifilm SQ6, which shoots Instax Square size. Smaller than Polaroids.

The Fujifilm wide cameras lacked features like a timer/remote for the affordable options. Lomo's wide is more expensive but not as consistant in quality, also feels more like a kids plastic toy.

SQ6 is discontinued and semi-difficult to come by, but has potential in the modding community as well if I ever feel like taking on a home project. There are a bunch of options out there, here is one that cost $400 USD I think, which attaches to like a $2k camera, lol. This lead me down a dangerous rabbit hole forsure.

Advertisement

Last edited by TOS'd; 09-16-2021 at 01:54 PM.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2021, 08:19 PM   #27
フルコンボ

Thanked 3,950 Times in 585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Small update. Debated between Polaroid and Fujifilm first. Polaroid instant film is like almost 3x the cost of Fujifilm instant film. So I ended up getting a Fujifilm SQ6, which shoots Instax Square size. Smaller than Polaroids.

The Fujifilm wide cameras lacked features like a timer/remote for the affordable options. Lomo's wide is more expensive but not as consistant in quality, also feels more like a kids plastic toy.

SQ6 is discontinued and semi-difficult to come by, but has potential in the modding community as well if I ever feel like taking on a home project. There are a bunch of options out there, here is one that cost $400 USD I think, which attaches to like a $2k camera, lol. This lead me down a dangerous rabbit hole forsure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RelFpnRpys
Im using a modified Mamiya Universal Press with a Bel-air back for instax wide.
Mamiya Universal Press w/ Fuji Instax wide by Richard Tran, on Flickr
RCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-20-2021, 01:48 AM   #28

That's awesome and exactly the kind of thing I want to try to make. Hard to find an affordable medium format to start on. Any reason you went with the MUP?
Old 09-20-2021, 01:05 PM   #29
フルコンボ

Thanked 3,950 Times in 585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
That's awesome and exactly the kind of thing I want to try to make. Hard to find an affordable medium format to start on. Any reason you went with the MUP?
I wanted the largest format possible for the instax and the MUP was the most affordable conversion at the time. I have a MUP for instax mini as well using a diana back.
I attempted to convert a Bronica ETRSi to shoot instax mini but couldnt get the film planes to work with the diana back.
I got the Instant Magny 35 to shoot instax square with my Ms but its a terrible shooting experience. The backs that come with it are perfect for conversions though.

Ive since been on the hunt for obscure instax cameras to cannibalize for conversions. The Tomy Printoss is a good back to work with and its cheap and I just got my Jollylook mini that seems promising for conversions.
RCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 12:27 PM   #30

Thanks, lots of good information. Looking forward to cannibalizing my own one day for instax wide.

Also that Jollylook looks hilarious.