REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #76
I don't get it

i've bought stuff off of craigslist and always offer to pick up since i don't want people to know where i live. i find that 99% of the people i buy the stuff off of live in apartments. If you have a friend or relative who lives in an apartment, it's probably best to do it there. if there's an outlet outside of the building, it's best to do the transaction there. if not, the lobby or storage area works too.
Advertisement
NiceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #77
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,838 Times in 2,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
Call the police non-emergency number to file a report first. (604)717-3321 if you reside in Vancouver. They need to have this on record so if that guy really decides to do something illegal (uttering threat, assault by trespass, etc), they can recommend to charge.
sounds about right. report it and document it so they know there's a history of threats.

too bad he didn't test it at your house. he paid for a monitor, not tech support for a monitor to be set up. He's SOL

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:07 AM   #78
noob

This is probably a dead issue by now since I haven't received any e-mails from him.
Not that I'm complaining or anything but I suspect he had installation problems which he resolved. I'm very relieved.
If anyone cares...
AsBannedAsItGets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:11 AM   #79
Banned (ABWS)

he probably forgot to plug it in and now hes too embarrass to talk to u
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:52 AM   #80
Banned By Establishment

I always meet people outside of my own house, but clearly in a place i'm familiar with, and has tons of people, like metro etc...

that way, im pretty hard to scam over.

That being said, i'd tell him to fuck off, if he ever came to my place, and that he can try to get back to the penthouse level of my apartment hahahha...
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #81
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour43MA View Post
never

ever

in a million years

meet up with a seller/buyer at your house. That's pretty much rule #1 in online shopping for 2nd hand items.
I always do it like this and always will. I could careless if they know where I live. If someone wanted to sell me a monitor or a TV I'd want to see that thing working as well I wouldn't meet up at a parking lot somewhere it would be a deal breaker. It would also send off warning bells like why doesn't this guy want to show me it working?

I agree with others in this thread. The guy is probably not a scammer he either accidentally broke it in transit or he doesn't know how to hook it up.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #82
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Tell him to fuck off. He had his chance to test it out.
No refunds or exchange, store credit only.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #83
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisQo View Post
sounds like he's trying to scam you. if you feel threatened for your personal safety then call the police and file a report.
this is really your only option.

i would have made light of it somehow and said "make sure the monitor is plugged in properly" like they do at the helpline.

-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
she's a whore. you're a loser.
in the garage:
'05 Dodge Ram 2500
'06 BMW 530i
'08 Chevy Equinox LT
the_rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #84
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,873 Times in 8,228 Posts
I'm almost positive it's because he doesn't have a dual-link DVI video card.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote