REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #26
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,450 Times in 5,113 Posts
I did consider it, yes.

Clearly your issue isn't with the points I've made, you just have personal problems with me, so whatever, I said something was cheap, it is and any sane person would agree it's a cheap-shot and I was just warning people about it regardless of whether they were handing out tickets or not, nobody wants to be pulled over. You want to sit here and argue minute points that no one else gives a shit about in a desperate attempt to belittle what I say, then take it to PM I'd be happy to address them there.

My image of cops? Please. Did you ever consider maybe the government agency I work for IS the police? Doesn't mean I still can't consider things they do to be silly nor would any of them hesitate to shake their heads at decisions other departments make just like any business or agency. All it means is that I actually know what goes on whereas you don't.
Advertisement

Last edited by 68style; 08-10-2009 at 07:12 AM.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #27
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Actually, I have no personal issues with you at all... my issue is entirely with your statement that does nothing but perpetuate the negative image much of the public (and the RS population in particular) has of the police. You claim DID consider that it may have just been an "informational" campaign, yet in your original post you stated outright, as if you knew for a fact, that the cops were handing out tickets, and called it cheap, underhanded, and entrapment. That, to me, sounds like a "typical" ricer with an image of the police as money-grubbing shysters.

You might want to work on the image you portray of yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:42 AM   #28
Performance Moderator

I don't expect you to go back through my 4000+ posts, but if you did, you would see that any police discussion that comes up, 9/10 times I am defending the police. The police know better than anyone that the public perception of them is crap because of the traffic guys being the only ones the public ever deals with.

I'm not on here to maintain a public relations image for myself, I'm not a fan of traffic enforcement the way it is currently operated/mandated and I think I made that clear in my post, thanks for reinforcing it for me.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:01 AM   #29
Banned (BBM)

cant afford anymore speeding tickets now

damn
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #30
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I don't expect you to go back through my 4000+ posts, but if you did, you would see that any police discussion that comes up, 9/10 times I am defending the police. The police know better than anyone that the public perception of them is crap because of the traffic guys being the only ones the public ever deals with.

I'm not on here to maintain a public relations image for myself, I'm not a fan of traffic enforcement the way it is currently operated/mandated and I think I made that clear in my post, thanks for reinforcing it for me.
Doesn't help that people make all sorts of assumptions about what they see, rather than bothering to find out the facts. Case in point: you assume right off that the cops in this case were handing out tickets, rather than bothering to find out... then admit afterward, you did consider that it could have just been an informational campaign and they were only handing out warnings.

How many times do you see a cop on the side of the road with another car and just assume it's a speeding ticket? How do you know it's not for some other violation that people always complain about? How do you know it's not just rendering assistance to a stranded motorist? Do you ever stop to ask?

Nobody ever does... they just assume the worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #31
Performance Moderator

I said that yes I did consider it could be an information campaign. At no time did I say they were not writing tickets so I have no idea where you got that idea from, but since you won't let this go and continue to badger me, here you go:

I saw one of the officers at a window of a pulled over car with a ticket book in his hand, so yes it is also possible AND safe to assume he was writing that person a ticket. It could have also been a warning since they write those on the same ticket books as the actual tickets, they just write "WARNING" across it, but I would think it is a ticket given they devoted 3 police officers to this site and if they were letting people off with a warning/lecture about the new rules, they probably wouldn't bother with the warning tickets.

Is that enough detail for you? You're being totally ridiculous and this thread is beyond off-topic. Like I said, if you want to discuss this further, feel free to PM me, no one wants to read this nonsense.

For my part, I'm done, there's nothing further I can tell you about that 20 seconds of my life save for the weather and wind factor at the time, though I'm sure you'll find a way to weave those into the tapestry of deceipt you're so sure I'm weaving.

Last edited by 68style; 08-10-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #32
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
hahahaha this again!
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote