REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 09-02-2016, 05:20 PM   #176
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^^^^ BA LE!?!?!?

Sorry but your opinion doesn't matter anymore. Ba Le is probably the worst Vietnamese sub ever
Advertisement
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:20 PM   #177
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Banh Mi Saigon was legit. i went there and I was quite happy, clean operation, fast and quick. Bit more meat + other stuff (special viet bun) than Au Petite, and yes, it's bigger than Au Petite.

i would rate it tad bit better.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #178
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Read this thread and decided to try Banh Mi Saigon due to the hype on here.

Damn. Good stuff. Yeah as others have posted, there's a bit more meat compared to Tung Hing. Got the Special $4.75. Will definitely go back.

Didn't realize it was the lady that use to work with her husband at night market selling those 6-colouor jelly coconut milk drinks.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:54 PM   #179
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,902 Posts
Someone should just organize a Viet Sub Revscene meet/tour, drive from one to the other and try them all.

Finally had a chance to go to Banh Mi Saigon. Got a chicken sub, quick and tasty, less than $5 ... but how come it's not toasted and warmed up? Everything was cold including chicken. I love it when they use grilled lemon grass flavored chicken in their sub. Give it a 7.5/10. I was expecting it to be lightly toasted ... is traditional Viet sub not toasted?

Last edited by whitev70r; 10-19-2016 at 03:51 PM.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2016, 03:35 PM   #180
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Tried two places downtown, kinda stupid since I grew up and still live by Kingsway and Fraser but first I went to One Saigon and it was about the same as I get in the neighborhood but then Viet Sub by the library..... First it was 4.75 each and so I got $9.50 out to get two but then they asked for 9.81.

In the heat of the moment I thought maybe there's tax on top? Put my exact change back in my pocket like a dummy and gave him a 20. Never seen sub prices at such an odd number. I've eating these things since they were $2 and they always were in increments of quarters. Anyways still laughing at how my mind was obliterated by 31 cents lol

On to the actual sub, it was not good. I had a meatball one which has always been saucy everywhere else but here it was really dry. Same with the special, which was dry until the last 2 inches that had the fish sauce on it.

In that area I would stick with One Saigon
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote