REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Daimond Parking TIcket car model error; does that invalidate the ticket? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/585325-daimond-parking-ticket-car-model-error%3B-does-invalidate-ticket.html)

E-DA9 08-09-2009 09:23 PM

Daimond Parking TIcket car model error; does that invalidate the ticket?

Hey all,

If someone can offer me some insight I'd much appreciate it. My wife and I parked in richmond and I got a ticket for going about 5 minutes over limit. Apparently Diamond Parking's name stinks after some searching.

My question is, my wife's car is a Nissan Cube. They ticketed us, indicating our vehicle is a SCIO 4DR (Scion I presume?). Does that do anything in invalidating the ticket or anything?

Also if anyone has dealt with these guys any advice would rock. Thanks.

pandalove 08-09-2009 10:06 PM

if they got ur license plate .. i dun think it matters .. just change ur plate... then they got nothing on you :P

TRDood 08-09-2009 10:09 PM

change your plate only cost $18

better than giving it to the parking companies. =)

BEEB 08-09-2009 10:44 PM

You don't even have to change your plate unless they went out to hunt for your car. After a month or two, they will pass your case to some collection company (which they sell your case to them for a certain % of the settlement price, say the ticket is about $100, Diamond sell them for about $15). So, it's up to the collecting agency to collect the full price from you. They will scare you and claim that tehy will sue you or even tow your car and auction it off for retrival of the $100 ticket price. But, before all that, they must bring you to court to proof to the judge that you committed to the offense. Usually small claim court will throw it out the window if you showed up cause it's gonna be your words against their words. If you well-presented yourself (articulate enough), you can counter-sue the collection company for wasting your time. So, How can you prove them wrong? If they sue you for committing to the offense, they must present the witness (the person who ticketed you). So, that means diamond parking must send the ticket boy to court for the day, and the collecting company must be present. Next, they must prove they your car or the proper owner did committed the offense with sufficient evidence. So, how did they proof that you were there for the whole time? how can they proof that you didn't drive away in between and went back and park at the same spot ? So, how can they prove that you really did park there for 2 hours but not 1:45? Unless there is a video taped camera or sufficient evidence. You'll be very unlikely be sued for. Worst case scenario, $100 ticket price + small claim court fee of app $75 + 1 day off work. Worth the fun. Good luck ! cheers !

saveth 08-09-2009 10:51 PM

The collection company is called wiggins adjustments. I get a call from them twice a day. Its not a big deal because they call between 8 and 5 and nobody is home to answer the call. If you dont want to be harrassed by them just answer the collection agency and offer a stupid about of money like 10 bucks to settle the ticket. If they dont accept the offer they will make a counter offer and just say no to it. Wait for them to call again and offer them even less. Make sure you write a cheque and write a memo on it.

Shun Izaki 08-10-2009 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEEB (Post 6540154)
You don't even have to change your plate unless they went out to hunt for your car. After a month or two, they will pass your case to some collection company (which they sell your case to them for a certain % of the settlement price, say the ticket is about $100, Diamond sell them for about $15). So, it's up to the collecting agency to collect the full price from you. They will scare you and claim that tehy will sue you or even tow your car and auction it off for retrival of the $100 ticket price. But, before all that, they must bring you to court to proof to the judge that you committed to the offense. Usually small claim court will throw it out the window if you showed up cause it's gonna be your words against their words. If you well-presented yourself (articulate enough), you can counter-sue the collection company for wasting your time. So, How can you prove them wrong? If they sue you for committing to the offense, they must present the witness (the person who ticketed you). So, that means diamond parking must send the ticket boy to court for the day, and the collecting company must be present. Next, they must prove they your car or the proper owner did committed the offense with sufficient evidence. So, how did they proof that you were there for the whole time? how can they proof that you didn't drive away in between and went back and park at the same spot ? So, how can they prove that you really did park there for 2 hours but not 1:45? Unless there is a video taped camera or sufficient evidence. You'll be very unlikely be sued for. Worst case scenario, $100 ticket price + small claim court fee of app $75 + 1 day off work. Worth the fun. Good luck ! cheers !

holy fucking clusterfuck of a paragraph there.

Props for giving the guy some help, but still.

Mugen EvOlutioN 08-10-2009 08:00 AM

who cares

just chuck it

they aint gonna do shit

ignore

trancehead 08-10-2009 08:37 AM

^if it isnt a city ticket, fuck it

koukimonst3r 08-10-2009 08:57 AM

^ I did that. Got a $45 ticket for parking outside mcdonald's while I was at the night market
Ignored it for a month, got a letter stating that I've got to pay it or else...
Ended up paying $100 in the end -_-

nosaj 08-10-2009 09:03 AM

wiggins adjustments has been bugging me for the past two years...probably twice a week or so...but we just ignore them. they threaten to sue us and blah blah blah for the first couple weeks after the ticket was passed to them...but it was just trash talk.

don't worry about it.

Mugen EvOlutioN 08-10-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIV+ (Post 6540555)
^ I did that. Got a $45 ticket for parking outside mcdonald's while I was at the night market
Ignored it for a month, got a letter stating that I've got to pay it or else...
Ended up paying $100 in the end -_-

the fuck u paying it for?

koukimonst3r 08-10-2009 09:23 AM

Idk, I just didn't want to get screwed up in the end and I always park on a DPS property
W/e, it's been paid for

3seriesBeeM 08-10-2009 01:09 PM

i have zbout 7 or 8 tickets from diamond and havent got a call from collections yet maybe cause i moved o well its a win for me i hvae never paid private tix they cant do anything. the only parking tix i pay is city

Synarchist 08-10-2009 03:18 PM

i had the same situation happen to me where they sent me a bill from diamond parking.
it stated my license plate but car description was labeled jeep
and i drive a bmw
so i called in saying there was a mistake
the lady automatically said, "oh not your car? ok i'll cancel it then. bye!"
no ticket to pay and it only took 2 mins =)
hope that helps

Rikaro 08-10-2009 03:42 PM

You have to pay all the fines before switching to a new license plate.

pandalove 08-10-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikaro (Post 6541053)
You have to pay all the fines before switching to a new license plate.

WRONG !

thats only city tickets

J-Chow 08-10-2009 06:13 PM

ignore the ticket. I had a couple already. Once I parked at the next lot to IHOP in Richmond since they had no spots left. I went inside IHOP and it was packed, so I decided to find a different restaurant. BAM.

Got a ticket in less than 5min.
Then they started sending me letters, but no phone calls. It's been almost 2 years and nothing yet. I have yet to hear of anyone attending small claims court from diamond parking.

nosaj 08-10-2009 06:25 PM

they are freaking sneaky......those fucktards love to hide and ticket ppl in less than 5mins after the car is parked...

and yep..pandalove is right. private parking companies always try to threaten u and say if the ticket isnt paid, they will screw over ur credit, sue u and blah blah blah

well....we just got approved for financing a car and is picking up the car/ getting new insurance and licence plate tm...and so far...no one has mentioned anything about the unpaid dps ticket...they cant mess with ur credit nor insurance...so please dont spread the rumors, rikaro.

trancehead 08-10-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIV+ (Post 6540575)
Idk, I just didn't want to get screwed up in the end and I always park on a DPS property
W/e, it's been paid for

Not a bad idea actually.
If you frequent it, you wouldn't want them to tow your car. Otherwise if it was just a one day thing...fuck it!

Shun Izaki 08-11-2009 05:46 AM

the thing is...

if you don't pay it, and keep your plates. Good luck parking there without getting towed.

if you don't pay it, and change your plates. You're home free, as long as you don't keep changing plates, and parking in that lot.

if you do pay it, you're an idiot..

guess which one's the right answer?

koukimonst3r 08-11-2009 05:54 AM

^ I paid for mine coz I know everywhere I go, there's a DPS
Don't really want my car towed so, I paid for it LOL

Mugen EvOlutioN 08-11-2009 03:25 PM

switching plate would've saved u

but o well

punkwax 08-11-2009 03:29 PM

if they make a mistake it's invalid. they said my gti was black when it was green so i didn't have to pay.

BEEB 08-11-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trancehead (Post 6541363)
Not a bad idea actually.
If you frequent it, you wouldn't want them to tow your car. Otherwise if it was just a one day thing...fuck it!

the thing is, Diamond parking doesn't have the hand held palm thing that they can retrive the data base at the spot. All they can do is - find a pen and the ticket book, copy the plate and write whatever they can see. How can they know that you have a previous ticket?
This is a different story for Impark !

BNR32_Coupe 08-12-2009 07:11 AM

if you ever catch the ticket guy shortly after finding a ticket on your window, do this:
1) take the ticket from your window and yell out "WTF?!" so it catches his attention
2) proudly crumple up the ticket
3) laugh in an evil way "MWAHAHAHAHAH!!"
4) peel out as you drive away