REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
RS controls my life!

Daimond Parking TIcket car model error; does that invalidate the ticket?

Hey all,

If someone can offer me some insight I'd much appreciate it. My wife and I parked in richmond and I got a ticket for going about 5 minutes over limit. Apparently Diamond Parking's name stinks after some searching.

My question is, my wife's car is a Nissan Cube. They ticketed us, indicating our vehicle is a SCIO 4DR (Scion I presume?). Does that do anything in invalidating the ticket or anything?

Also if anyone has dealt with these guys any advice would rock. Thanks.
Advertisement

http://images2.fotop.net/albums2/xpr...vatar2_001.jpg
E-DA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

if they got ur license plate .. i dun think it matters .. just change ur plate... then they got nothing on you :P
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

change your plate only cost $18

better than giving it to the parking companies. =)
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

You don't even have to change your plate unless they went out to hunt for your car. After a month or two, they will pass your case to some collection company (which they sell your case to them for a certain % of the settlement price, say the ticket is about $100, Diamond sell them for about $15). So, it's up to the collecting agency to collect the full price from you. They will scare you and claim that tehy will sue you or even tow your car and auction it off for retrival of the $100 ticket price. But, before all that, they must bring you to court to proof to the judge that you committed to the offense. Usually small claim court will throw it out the window if you showed up cause it's gonna be your words against their words. If you well-presented yourself (articulate enough), you can counter-sue the collection company for wasting your time. So, How can you prove them wrong? If they sue you for committing to the offense, they must present the witness (the person who ticketed you). So, that means diamond parking must send the ticket boy to court for the day, and the collecting company must be present. Next, they must prove they your car or the proper owner did committed the offense with sufficient evidence. So, how did they proof that you were there for the whole time? how can they proof that you didn't drive away in between and went back and park at the same spot ? So, how can they prove that you really did park there for 2 hours but not 1:45? Unless there is a video taped camera or sufficient evidence. You'll be very unlikely be sued for. Worst case scenario, $100 ticket price + small claim court fee of app $75 + 1 day off work. Worth the fun. Good luck ! cheers !
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

The collection company is called wiggins adjustments. I get a call from them twice a day. Its not a big deal because they call between 8 and 5 and nobody is home to answer the call. If you dont want to be harrassed by them just answer the collection agency and offer a stupid about of money like 10 bucks to settle the ticket. If they dont accept the offer they will make a counter offer and just say no to it. Wait for them to call again and offer them even less. Make sure you write a cheque and write a memo on it.
saveth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:39 AM   #6
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEB View Post
You don't even have to change your plate unless they went out to hunt for your car. After a month or two, they will pass your case to some collection company (which they sell your case to them for a certain % of the settlement price, say the ticket is about $100, Diamond sell them for about $15). So, it's up to the collecting agency to collect the full price from you. They will scare you and claim that tehy will sue you or even tow your car and auction it off for retrival of the $100 ticket price. But, before all that, they must bring you to court to proof to the judge that you committed to the offense. Usually small claim court will throw it out the window if you showed up cause it's gonna be your words against their words. If you well-presented yourself (articulate enough), you can counter-sue the collection company for wasting your time. So, How can you prove them wrong? If they sue you for committing to the offense, they must present the witness (the person who ticketed you). So, that means diamond parking must send the ticket boy to court for the day, and the collecting company must be present. Next, they must prove they your car or the proper owner did committed the offense with sufficient evidence. So, how did they proof that you were there for the whole time? how can they proof that you didn't drive away in between and went back and park at the same spot ? So, how can they prove that you really did park there for 2 hours but not 1:45? Unless there is a video taped camera or sufficient evidence. You'll be very unlikely be sued for. Worst case scenario, $100 ticket price + small claim court fee of app $75 + 1 day off work. Worth the fun. Good luck ! cheers !
holy fucking clusterfuck of a paragraph there.

Props for giving the guy some help, but still.
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:00 AM   #7
Banned (BBM)

who cares

just chuck it

they aint gonna do shit

ignore
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:37 AM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

^if it isnt a city ticket, fuck it

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:57 AM   #9
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

^ I did that. Got a $45 ticket for parking outside mcdonald's while I was at the night market
Ignored it for a month, got a letter stating that I've got to pay it or else...
Ended up paying $100 in the end -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I went to Saskatchewan once. 30min is all I need to know that I don't want to go back there.
koukimonst3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #10

wiggins adjustments has been bugging me for the past two years...probably twice a week or so...but we just ignore them. they threaten to sue us and blah blah blah for the first couple weeks after the ticket was passed to them...but it was just trash talk.

don't worry about it.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #11
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIV+ View Post
^ I did that. Got a $45 ticket for parking outside mcdonald's while I was at the night market
Ignored it for a month, got a letter stating that I've got to pay it or else...
Ended up paying $100 in the end -_-
the fuck u paying it for?
Old 08-10-2009, 09:23 AM   #12

Idk, I just didn't want to get screwed up in the end and I always park on a DPS property
W/e, it's been paid for

Quote:
I went to Saskatchewan once. 30min is all I need to know that I don't want to go back there.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #13
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

i have zbout 7 or 8 tickets from diamond and havent got a call from collections yet maybe cause i moved o well its a win for me i hvae never paid private tix they cant do anything. the only parking tix i pay is city
Old 08-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #14

i had the same situation happen to me where they sent me a bill from diamond parking.
it stated my license plate but car description was labeled jeep
and i drive a bmw
so i called in saying there was a mistake
the lady automatically said, "oh not your car? ok i'll cancel it then. bye!"
no ticket to pay and it only took 2 mins =)
hope that helps
Old 08-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #15
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

You have to pay all the fines before switching to a new license plate.
Rikaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #16
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaro View Post
You have to pay all the fines before switching to a new license plate.
WRONG !

thats only city tickets
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #17

ignore the ticket. I had a couple already. Once I parked at the next lot to IHOP in Richmond since they had no spots left. I went inside IHOP and it was packed, so I decided to find a different restaurant. BAM.

Got a ticket in less than 5min.
Then they started sending me letters, but no phone calls. It's been almost 2 years and nothing yet. I have yet to hear of anyone attending small claims court from diamond parking.
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #18

they are freaking sneaky......those fucktards love to hide and ticket ppl in less than 5mins after the car is parked...

and yep..pandalove is right. private parking companies always try to threaten u and say if the ticket isnt paid, they will screw over ur credit, sue u and blah blah blah

well....we just got approved for financing a car and is picking up the car/ getting new insurance and licence plate tm...and so far...no one has mentioned anything about the unpaid dps ticket...they cant mess with ur credit nor insurance...so please dont spread the rumors, rikaro.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIV+ View Post
Idk, I just didn't want to get screwed up in the end and I always park on a DPS property
W/e, it's been paid for
Not a bad idea actually.
If you frequent it, you wouldn't want them to tow your car. Otherwise if it was just a one day thing...fuck it!

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:46 AM   #20
Banned By Establishment

the thing is...

if you don't pay it, and keep your plates. Good luck parking there without getting towed.

if you don't pay it, and change your plates. You're home free, as long as you don't keep changing plates, and parking in that lot.

if you do pay it, you're an idiot..

guess which one's the right answer?
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:54 AM   #21

^ I paid for mine coz I know everywhere I go, there's a DPS
Don't really want my car towed so, I paid for it LOL

Quote:
Old 08-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #22
Banned (BBM)

switching plate would've saved u

but o well
Old 08-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #23
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
if they make a mistake it's invalid. they said my gti was black when it was green so i didn't have to pay.
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #24
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
Not a bad idea actually.
If you frequent it, you wouldn't want them to tow your car. Otherwise if it was just a one day thing...fuck it!
the thing is, Diamond parking doesn't have the hand held palm thing that they can retrive the data base at the spot. All they can do is - find a pen and the ticket book, copy the plate and write whatever they can see. How can they know that you have a previous ticket?
This is a different story for Impark !
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:11 AM   #25
Banned By Establishment

if you ever catch the ticket guy shortly after finding a ticket on your window, do this:
1) take the ticket from your window and yell out "WTF?!" so it catches his attention
2) proudly crumple up the ticket
3) laugh in an evil way "MWAHAHAHAHAH!!"
4) peel out as you drive away
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote