REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-14-2009, 03:46 PM   #26
Banned By Establishment

good job!
Advertisement
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #27
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,597 Times in 4,323 Posts
They were totally caught off guard. The driver actually said "I wasn't taking off, man. I was gonna come back." After they came back, a lot of weaseling out of going through ICBC. "I work at a bodyshop. I'll fix it for you" etc.etc.

Ironically, I know the owners of the dealership he works at. They outsource most of their bodywork to an independent shop. Minor stuff gets done in-house by 1 guy. The driver is only a detailer there.

They were driving the passenger's family car - '00 Corolla. That thing was so easy to ID from my window, plus they left pieces of it at the scene and I caught the last 3 #'s off the plate.

The passenger was actually alright to deal with. He said he had a couple too many and asked his friend to drive. Mostly worried about the cost, his parents reaction/insurance and not knowing what to do - understandable.

I suspect the driver's kinda fucked though. I'm not sure if there's a time restriction with an "N" but if there is, I'm sure it ends at or before midnight. Either way, an at fault claim being a novice driver, can't bode well for his license, especially given the circumstances.

So who do you think gets dinged for the accident? I'm sure the owners didn't authorize the driver to operate the car and it's also likely the son's name wasn't on the insurance.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:43 PM   #28
Need my Daily Fix of RS

so lets see if I got this right the vehicles owners son let his buddy drive their Mom and Dad's car?I'd definitely let ICBC handle it ,as they can always pay ICBC back and it won't effect their Insurance,but there is every possibility you'll get screwed having to deal with the parents/owners saying it wasn't our son driving "tuff shit" to you.
wnderinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:54 PM   #29
Banned By Establishment

You should've started beef... But I guess that wouldn't have helped the situation.
WHEYsted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnderinguy View Post
so lets see if I got this right the vehicles owners son let his buddy drive their Mom and Dad's car?I'd definitely let ICBC handle it ,as they can always pay ICBC back and it won't effect their Insurance,but there is every possibility you'll get screwed having to deal with the parents/owners saying it wasn't our son driving "tuff shit" to you.
+ 1 . Don't try to be a nice guy by letting them try to fix their problem. If you got screwed for this you would even be more pissed then that night
325ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #31
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,597 Times in 4,323 Posts
Like I said, 1 time chance for the driver to pay cash upfront or straight to the shop with the ICBC claim. It's about claim history.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #32
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

werd....having repair record history on ur car from icbc < dealing with stupid kids + their parents
Old 08-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #33
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
i still remember that from couple years back, that really really sucks tho

as if RSX insurance wasnt high enough to begin with

how much did it go up
Doesn't go up b/c it is comprehensive
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote