REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-14-2009, 02:45 AM   #1
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Got hit and run -> Caught 'em -> ICBC Q

So I'm playing poker online/watching TV and hear this skidding and a crash followed by my GF's alarm..........look out the window and see a car right beside my GF's, taking off. Pants, shoes, keys and race out the door. Neighbor's outside. "Call the cops, I'm gonna kill these fuckers!!!"

B-line it down my street and up the main drag. Right off to the right (2 blocks away) car pulled over with the lights on ...... BINGO!!! Reach back for the Maglight as I'm racing up to them. Pull over a bit ... ebrake ..... blocked on a 45*. Shit, just a couple of young guys - 19/20yo w/ deer-in-headlights look. Gained a little composure, deep breath. Memorize plate. FUCK forgot my phone!!! "WTF you guys think you're doing?!?!!? I already called the cops. We can deal with this right here or you can go back to my cars you just smoked!!!"

So I follow them back, get their info and deal with RCMP after they leave.

Took out the front/left of my old man's new car (wheel, fender, bumper) and smoked the back of my GF's year old Civic.

If you get an ICBC estimate but don't go through with the claim for the repair, is it true that the estimate stays on file for the car?
My neighbor said he got hit and run, claimed/estimated, popped the minor bumper dent out himself but when he went to trade the car in, the dealer knew there was a claim on it - even though ICBC never paid out.

I'm gonna get estimates on both tomorrow and give the guy a one time option to pay me, in cash, up front. If not ...... Speed craft?
Advertisement

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
wow that sucks man, glad you caught the guys though
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2009, 03:12 AM   #3

The driver is soooo lucky I didn't have my phone on me to call the cops away from the scene.

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
Old 08-14-2009, 05:31 AM   #4
Banned By Establishment

I think that once you report it, it is on file even if you do not use the claim. But why wouldn't you? You caught the guys so you will not have to pay the deductible. Unfortunately, I wasn't so lucky when my RSX and my MDX got hit the same year. Had to pay for two deductibles.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:58 AM   #5
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
fliptuner = the real RS beatdown crew = my hero. i remember watching someone back into my car and take off, and i chased the person a 1/2 block on foot to try and at least get the plate number but couldn't. all i had to show for it was $2300 damage and a piece of the hit and run driver's broken tailight to show icbc before they told me how much deductible i had to pay

i almost wish they would call your bluff... then i would be reading this in the newspapers (hit and run drivers beat up with maglite) rather than here imo, and everyone would be backing you up

anyway... when one of my old cars was damaged by someone else (not hit and run as other party stayed at scene), i called icbc, went through the claims process, got an estimate at a claims centre, showed the other party the results and they agreed to pay out of pocket and not through icbc, and after it was fixed on my own dealing dealing with their bodyshop privately (we both agreed on the same bodyshop) and i was satisfied with the repair, icbc closed my file. however when it came to selling it, it showed up in my claims records as having reported accident damage, but was repaired/not settled through icbc. this was over 5 years ago, so my info is dated and i don't know if things have changed.

Last edited by thumper; 08-14-2009 at 06:06 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

This case won't be treated as a hit and run anymore because you exchanged contact information and spoke to the person. It's just a regular accident claim now...

Just want to let you know (if you didn't already)

Good luck!
vo_hantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #7
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Good job on catching those clowns. Good luck dealing with ICBC. Like ppl above me said, there will be record of a claim, but it'll show whether the claim was settled privatle or paid thru ICBC. If you think about it, it makes sense because it doesnt matter who paid for the damage, the future buyer just wanna know wut damages there are on the car.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:05 AM   #8
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
I think that once you report it, it is on file even if you do not use the claim. But why wouldn't you? You caught the guys so you will not have to pay the deductible. Unfortunately, I wasn't so lucky when my RSX and my MDX got hit the same year. Had to pay for two deductibles.
i still remember that from couple years back, that really really sucks tho

as if RSX insurance wasnt high enough to begin with

how much did it go up
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #9
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
wow awesome job dude! those 2 guys probably shitting their pants when you caught up to them.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:35 AM   #10
Hyde's Understudy

Were you in the middle of a poker hand when u raced out?
If you had like the nut hand and everyone was slowly checking, would you have still raced out as fast as you did?
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #11
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
so you used your dad's brand new car to block in their car, and damaged it? or they hit both your dads car and your gfs car
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #12
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by vo_hantu View Post
This case won't be treated as a hit and run anymore because you exchanged contact information and spoke to the person. It's just a regular accident claim now...

Just want to let you know (if you didn't already)

Good luck!
is this information correct? i mean, the other party did make a run for it, and the OP had to chase them down, so technically they did not remain at the original scene of the collision, hence hit and run?

the OP mentioned that the police were involved... what did they say?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #13

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
They will probably get charged with hit and run but as far as ICBC is concerned they found the person that did it so no deductible. Hit and run is fairly serious to, if found guilty see ya later license and hello tickets and fines up the ass. Douchebag remains at scene and his insurance goes up a bit now he's probably going to get raped by the courts.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #14
Witness protection

oh duh you're right... in ICBC's eyes it's only a hit and run if the other party is unknown.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:45 AM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

holy shit, that's awesome!

to answer your question, the previous owner of my car cracked his bumper but didn't fix it. Just fixed it himself with tie-wraps and bumper's still cracked. ICBC has a record of it, with "NO INFO" beside it if u do the icbc report
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #16
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

no matter if u make a claim or not, icbc will still record this incident in ur car history....and like the guy mentioned above, the record is pretty much like ur car's "health report"

we had a hit and run on our family car couple years ago and when we took it to icbc, the guy there said that its not worth the claim (repair was like 350bucks =.=") so we decided not to repair it at all at the end...

but when we sold the car last week, we ran the report and it showed that something was reported to icbc but NO DETAILS were found....no description nor fix amount.

so to keep it short, yes it will show on the report as soon as icbc is involved.

good luck man!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #17
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

hahah sweet you caught them...

no pants on? you sure you were playing poker....
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:35 AM   #18
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
LoL... good job.

A couple years ago, we were over at a friend's place playing poker, and it was already like 2am or something. We hear a huge BOOM right outside and then a car alarm came on. We booked it over couches and stuff to open the front door, and see someone had managed to plow a car into the parked cars on the small residential street, and someone taking off on foot. A couple of us ran out after the guy and caught up to him a block away and tackled him. I think it was a young fat drunk Indian guy in baggy pants, and it was a stolen car. He was held down until the police got there...

It was friend's car that got smoked. Too bad for the thief that he just had to crash it in front of a house full of guys playing poker at 2am...
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #19

Thanks guys.

I was finishing a $10 sit and go I started to keep awake during a bigger tourney I already got knocked out of. 4 handed, short stacked w/ KJ off (jacking off lol), I just moved in. I think I won the hand but timed out after that.

Correct about the non hit and run cause I caught them and they came back. That's why I said they were lucky I left my phone at home. If I called where I found them, they woulda been fucked.

No, cops can't be there at the blink of an eye and people should be proactive in protecting their shit but FUCK, when I do you're job and the other party admits guilt, at least ATTEND THE SCENE while they're still there. Who knows what would've happened if I wasn't able to control my anger or they were high or drunk. All potential evidence would be lost.

They hit my dad's then my GF's, then I took off in my GF's to find them.

Like I said, I'm going to give him a one time chance to pay out, beforehand, in cash, based on thorough estimates, using all OEM parts. If he can't come up with it, then I'll get it estimated and repaired through ICBC.

JHatta - I was almost ready for bed, fuck off...lol. I actually almost took off in my my ginch then the thought of getting into a scrap occurred *thinks* better get some pants on......

RSUV #7
Old 08-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #20
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Yo props for catching those fuckers man, they better man up and pay you back.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #21
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHatta View Post
no pants on? you sure you were playing poker....
Strip poker.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:17 PM   #22
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post

JHatta - I was almost ready for bed, fuck off...lol. I actually almost took off in my my ginch then the thought of getting into a scrap occurred *thinks* better get some pants on......
AAAAAH!!! too much information (especially with your avatar swinging that cheeze puff around lol)
Old 08-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #23

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
what did the guys have to say for themselves when you caught them?
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #24
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
What kind of car was the kid driving???

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #25
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,803 Times in 3,899 Posts
you know 90% of the time the ones that just ditch everything after a crash are car thieves.

gj on invisible soul and fliptuner
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote