REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #26
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyx View Post
If you are considering a lexus is250 or mbenz c class
why not consider an audi a4? or a bmw 3 series?

the a4 2.0 TSFI? its under 40K but doesn't have much more power compared to the is250

or the bmw 323i or 328i sedans are under 40 K. Again they don't have much power.
or even consider the 335 if you are willing to go that high.

Gas milage could be good or bad depending on which one of these you pick.

Maintenence costs might be a bit much though but i'm not sure i've never owned a german luxury car lol.
LOL....i was thinking of audi A4 as well - realized i forgot to type it on my original list. Just on the website a few minutes ago. Nice car but i hear that they arent that reliable and expensive maintenance costs. I like the R8 but yah...not gonna happen yet

I may look into getting a line of credit at a lower rate than financing (if its possible). I plan to put a large down payment down (30-50%) of vehicle price and then pay it off quickly within a year.

Thanks for the help so far guys....still confused! Should i just buy them all? i wish. Still leaning towards the G35...gotta make a decision soon!
Advertisement

Last edited by acurael; 08-24-2009 at 12:05 AM.
acurael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:39 AM   #27
d1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Out of your 3 options, option 1 would be best. The g35 is a well rounded car - Luxurious and powerful. The is250 is gutless and overpriced for what you get; I wouldn't even consider it. The c350 is nice but like you said, it's costly.
d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:18 AM   #28
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurael View Post
Thanks for the help so far guys....still confused! Should i just buy them all? i wish. Still leaning towards the G35...gotta make a decision soon!
buy them all? lol, sure why not. but yeah, don't forget to test drive them all before making your decision!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:55 AM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
see if you can get a 2009 Legacy Spec B
they are nice cars, since the 2010s are out, you can most likely get a super good deal on them if anybody has any left.

good combination of power/practicality. Not much luxury though
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #30
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Genesis or a 2008 CTS, depending on engine and options, they can be anywhere from $20k to $40k. High end will get you 300hp, AWD and 26mpg
Old 08-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #31
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Out of your choices, an IS250.

If it were my money:

- Used Infiniti M35
- New Nissan Maxima
- Used Lexus GS
- Used Acura RL

Some cars I find more unique then the G35 or IS.

Kev
Old 08-25-2009, 12:23 AM   #32
RS controls my life!

I see 2 IS350's under 30k on CL, here's the links if you haven't already seen them:

2006 Lexus IS350 *******Ultra Premium Package******* - $27900

2006 Lexus IS350, silver, no accidents - $29995

I'm not too sure about the market price for IS350's but the black one seems like a really good deal for the price, fully loaded and everything.
clowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:34 AM   #33
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Since the OP seems to indicate the purchase is for business use.. I can't see price will be the main concern. Not to mention purchasing from an owner instead of buying from a business is a hassle, since I assume he will want to lease it.

Used car financing is often higher than brand new car.. so OP should do some math on the spreadsheet.

Having said all that 30k km / year as ceiling will cost you a few arms and legs if you are leasing.

I won't get the new Subaru with the CVT.. period.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:53 AM   #34
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurael View Post
Hey guys,

Just wanted some thoughts/advice/opinions

Its time to buy a new car. Im looking at spending 30-40K max (somethin around 35 preferable). This car will be a daily driver - i drive alot for work (approx 2500km per month). So i am also concerned about gas consumption (slightly) and costs of maintenance. I currently drive an EL which is great in terms of gas and is very reliable.

I want to step into something nicer and newer. Here are the cars Im considering - i know they are in different classes (coupe vs sedan etc)

Option #1
Infiniti G35/Possibly 37. I have always like the G35. I personally like it better then the G37 (in terms of looks). This is the car I'm leaning towards right now. Does anyone know any websites for g35/g37 owners. If i go with a g35 im thinking either black or pearl white with the sport package. Im currently looking at some used 2006 models
For the sport pkg i know it includes the wheels, sport suspension - anything else? Ive heard possibly the front bumper is a bit different - unsure about this one. How is the maintenance/reliability on these cars

Option#2
Lexus IS 250 (used) - really nice car, i think it lacks HP though (only 200HP) For some reason i havent seen any used IS350s on the market - which i find strange. This car also has the advantage of being 4 doors which is more convenient. Our other current car is already a coupe. How are the maintenance costs on a lexus? I know it will be reliable since its a toyota

Option#3
Mercedes C300/350. The new models 09/10. This is a bit of a stretch as its closer to 50K. Im thinking that maintenance costs will be too high b/c of the high mileage i drive. How is the reliability of a mercedes in general? The C63 is amazing but i dont want to spend that much.

Option#4
Give me some suggestions/wat you would buy for 35 grand. Again consider its a daily driver.

I am most likely financing. (i was considering leasing a more expensive car but i will have problems with the KM limits) Im wondering if buying a new car will be better since the finance rate is lower (ie get the G37 vs used G35) - but then buying used will be cheaper it think overall?

Thanks...i know its long winded but im confused..dont want to jump into somethin without thinking about this long and hard.

for G35's

G35driver.com
niclub.ca

get the 05+ just make sure it's still on warranty if there's any oil consumption issues, the 06 is much nicer interior/exterior wise as well. as for the sport package there really isn't much except an optional spoiler, stiffer suspension and the bumper, but it's a nice overall thing.

i have a 04, and i get MAYBE 16mpg which is like 15-16L/100km so it isn't good on gas.

as for the G37, imo the G35 looks much nicer and with your budget i wouldn't go for a G37, you can get a very nice 06 for 25-30.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:00 AM   #35
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
my friend just purchased a g37s coupe for 37k taxes in with navi.

currently i'm looking at a 2004 m3 convertible from the states... i've seen them run for 22k USD.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:42 AM   #36
Banned (ABWS)

get the new GTI
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:33 AM   #37
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Hey man I'll be honest. If you are leaning toward a G35/G37, than go for the G35/G37.

Two things:

1. Don't forget to look into insurance costs.
2. Do you have access to a sedan or car for winter?

Also, gas is gas. If you are on a budget, cut back on other things (eat out less? don't buy misc stuff as often?).
vo_hantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:33 AM   #38
I don't get it

you will consider other things and then realize that the first option was the what you wanted the most.
go with the g35...
Minata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

yea... get ur first choice.... if its not too big of a disadvantage... or else u'll always go back wondering .. what could've been...
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:29 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeTech View Post
for G35's

G35driver.com
niclub.ca

get the 05+ just make sure it's still on warranty if there's any oil consumption issues, the 06 is much nicer interior/exterior wise as well. as for the sport package there really isn't much except an optional spoiler, stiffer suspension and the bumper, but it's a nice overall thing.

i have a 04, and i get MAYBE 16mpg which is like 15-16L/100km so it isn't good on gas.

as for the G37, imo the G35 looks much nicer and with your budget i wouldn't go for a G37, you can get a very nice 06 for 25-30.
I have seen some G35s that say they are sport pkg but do not have the spoiler - so are you saying that is optional on the sport pkg or it should be on there if it is a sport pkg?
I dont want to get one that says its a sport pkg and all theyve done is upgraded the rims to the 19s. Is there a way of telling it is a sport pkg for sure? I want the upgraded suspension - dont trust the salespeople as it seems i know more about the car than some of them (so far anyways)

thanks
Old 08-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #41
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
brakes? i think sport has the gold brembos

I don't know anything about G35s though
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:27 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by vo_hantu View Post
Hey man I'll be honest. If you are leaning toward a G35/G37, than go for the G35/G37.

Two things:

1. Don't forget to look into insurance costs.
2. Do you have access to a sedan or car for winter?

Also, gas is gas. If you are on a budget, cut back on other things (eat out less? don't buy misc stuff as often?).
Why do u mention a car for winter? Are G35s that bad in snow - ive heard some stuff?? I was gonna get winter tires and thought id be good to go
Old 08-26-2009, 11:11 PM   #43
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
where do you mostly drive? If mainly in the city, you're good to go with a decent set of winter tires, If it's that important to you you can always look into getting a G35x sedan
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote