REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 10-07-2009, 11:05 AM   #26
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipster View Post
What parts of Thailand will you be hitting up?

I ended up only going to Phuket, Ko Phi Phi, and Ko Phaghan because of time issues.

If you are going to any of those places. PM if you have any questions.
Im heading to BKK for 1-2 days and Phuket for about 6 days.
If you have any must see places, let me know.
Never been to Thailand at all.
Advertisement
SlySi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #27
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
I had a friend of mine get robbed, kidnapped and extorted by police in Thailand.

He's a wealthy white guy. Met some hot brit. So he was dressed to impress. They went to a beach party of some sort. Next thing you know, cops with machine guns walked up to the beach and pointed to him. The cops grab him and search his pockets. They found some cocaine (He doesn't smoke or do drugs). So obviously the cops planted it on him so they won't get everyone suspicious. They arrest him AND the girl he just met. So basically he was thrown in jail for weeks. They took all his money, asked for more, then made him call his family to send them more money.

After the whole ordeal. He's got some major rage issues.

Just be careful in 3rd world countries. Could happen anywhere. I had a friend get jacked in Jamaica by the cops also. They were in a cab, hit a roadblock, cops went thru the whole car and took all their jewellery. Not much you can say when you have AK47's in your face.

Just stick to main tourist attractions if you wanna be safe. Otherwise make sure you have a credible guide with you.
first of all, if this shit happened, it would be all over the news. it would be ahuge deal and lawyers would have been in place. how did he get out of jail "after" the family sent more money. How do you send money to the police station and not leave a trail.....
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:14 AM   #28
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlySi View Post
Im heading to BKK for 1-2 days and Phuket for about 6 days.
If you have any must see places, let me know.
Never been to Thailand at all.
I was only in Phuket for 2 nights. They have beautiful beaches and a pretty good nightlife there. Patong beach is where most of the action is. If you have time take a trip to Ko Phi Phi and stay there for a couple of nights. Beautiful island with lots of stuff to do.
nipster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #29
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Bump for an old thread.

My buddies and I have decided to head to Thailand for some tomfoolery and shenanigans. We're planning our trip on the week around the full moon party in August. We plan to stay in Bangkok a couple of days, then head to Kophangan for a couple of nights, and then finish up in Phuket. We'd like to party it up, but of course, we don't want to get ripped off so any tips on where to stay, what we should expect to pay for reasonable lodgings, etc. would be great. Also, if there's anything else we should know, what to watch out for, etc. in addition to what's been said in the thread would be much appreciated also!

On a side note, I also wouldn't mind picking up a new suit or two. Anyone have any experience with tailors in Bangkok?
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote