REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #51
Rs has made me the man i am today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlscBQPg0zs
Advertisement
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #52
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
A) Forgive her with a smile since she's [your] mother after all.
F) Find her a beater Honda or something, make her buy it using her money, then ban her from driving [your] car.
G) Hire a Hitman to "dispose" of her.
H) ???
I) Profit - Now you have 2 cars, 1 house, and all her money (which can go to repair your car).

Jokes! Just forgive her and buy her a beater. No killing.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #53
Need to Seek Professional Help

A) Forgive her with a smile since she's my mother after all. Pay for the damage to my car (including the rim) out of my own pocket.
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #54
NSX
NA1

Man, I kinda felt embarassed reading this. Its Mom. Just seems like youre trying too hard to get money out of her. Pretty sad if you asked me.
My dad has done the same thing. I got mad, sure, but after that, i just find my own way tio fix it. He even offered, but I could never take it.
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #55
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

im too lazy to read all post so ill ask this...have u tried talking to her and showing her the damage...she might just tell u to get it priced out and then pay for half or something at the very least
92 Ford Festiva aka the FASTiva (Big GoKart)
08 GSX-R 600 (Sold)
90 Acura Integra Beater (Sold)
97 Jeep Tj Sahara (Sold)
93 Si Hatch Turbo'd IC'd 11 psi (Sold)
1992 Jeep Cherokee LTD (RIP)
1990 MitsubishEagle Talon Tsi (Sold)
brute_4s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #56
HELP ME PLS!!!

its time to change the rims!
alex.w *// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #57
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brute_4s View Post
im too lazy to read all post so ill ask this...have u tried talking to her and showing her the damage...she might just tell u to get it priced out and then pay for half or something at the very least
I kinda agree with this 50/50 sounds fair
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #58
RS Veteran

I can't stop laughing after reading this thread. LOL

Just pay that $250 repair cost out of your own pocket as it is just such a small amount. From now on, spend a day once a month to drive your mom doing her shopping. It's just a few hours a month and you should probably able to help her out.

They posted a lot 25 to 50 posts per day. 90% of the posts where full sentences and they always stayed on topic.

The posts where all in good humour and topical (most of the time).

It was not the quantity of posts it was based on quality.

Only a few ROOGP are left on RS as most of the ROOGP got fed up of the BS that the new breed of Post Whores are putting up in here.
TRD3000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #59
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

dude... shes ur own mother.. not your gf.
she gave you life.... and that's priceless.
AhXian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #60
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanks for the replies guys. Keep 'em coming.

Not sure how some of you jumped to some of your conclusions, but this has nothing to do with extorting. It has to do with my mom taking responsibility and paying for damage to stuff she broke. I didn't ask for a new set of 4 rims or a trip to Europe. And yes, my mom can afford this easily so it's not like she'll be starving for a month if she pays for repairs. It's the principle here.

Also, for the record since some of you missed it twice already, this car is 100% PAID FOR BY ME.

It's not possible to have my mother 100% not drive my car. For example, if I left town for the weekend, she'd be using it to do errands. That I don't mind as long as she doesn't damage my car.

Getting my mother a beater is basically telling her to her face "you suck at driving and are not worthy of driving a half-decent car", so I'm hesitant to do that and I want my mom to enjoy the car as much as I do.. However, I also want my mother to understand that fixing stuff is not as cheap as she thinks, and since she's not paying a penny for repairs up to now, she has no idea. She's already offered to "pay whatever amount makes me happy", so I'm trying to strike a balance between getting the damage repaired to my standards, and making sure she feels the pinch of paying for repairs.

Taylor, yes I do baby my car. And actually, the AMG finish does seem to be different from my 16" stockies. I can show you my stock rims (they're my winter beaters) when I stick them on in a month. Little black dots/blobs all over them that do NOT come off, which is why they became my beaters. Oh, and my mother has curbed those too.

Last edited by slammer111; 09-11-2009 at 06:23 PM.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #61
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Since your mom borne you, I am sure your mom knows how to take responsibility.

You know the easiest solution based on what you say?

Get a new car, give your mom your current car.. problem solved.. don't even have to fix the curbed wheels. She won't feel left out, and you have another car to baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer111 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. Keep 'em coming.

Not sure how some of you jumped to some of your conclusions, but this has nothing to do with extorting. It has to do with my mom taking responsibility and paying for damage to my stuff. I didn't ask for a new set of 4 rims or a trip to Europe. And yes, my mom can afford this easily so it's not like she'll be starving for a month if she pays for repairs.

It's not possible to have my mother 100% not drive my car. For example, if I left town for the weekend, she'd be using it to do errands. That I don't mind as long as she doesn't damage my car.

Also, for the record since some of you missed it originally, this car is 100% PAID FOR BY ME.

Getting my mother a beater is basically telling her to her face "you suck at driving and are not worthy of driving a half-decent car", so I'm hesitant to do that and I want my mom to enjoy the car as much as I do.. However, I also want my mother to truly understand that fixing stuff is not as cheap as she thinks, and since she's not paying a penny for repairs up to now, she has no idea.

Taylor, yes I do baby my car. And actually, the AMG finish does seem to be different from my 16" stockies. I can show you my stock rims (they're my winter beaters) when I stick them on in a month. Little black dots/blobs all over them that do NOT come off, which is why they became my beaters. Oh, and my mother has curbed those too.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:09 PM   #62
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
A
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
Since your mom borne you, I am sure your mom knows how to take responsibility.

You know the easiest solution based on what you say?

Get a new car, give your mom your current car.. problem solved.. don't even have to fix the curbed wheels. She won't feel left out, and you have another car to baby.
Not a bad idea, except I don't feel like spending another $50k anytime soon. All the options I listed are basically <$2k, even for most extreme one F.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #64
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

to even ask all that on revscene .... u fail as a son! :P
MK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #65
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

This incident - let it go.

Going forward - if she ever wants to drive your car again then she must agree to pay for any future damage. No agree = no drive. It would be best to explain that this incident was a $1,100 mistake so that she is not ignorant about the amounts involved.

If she can't accept that then she has no respect for your property and will mutilate it at her will and your cost. Boundaries are a good thing...even when they're tough to implement.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #66

lol why is this even a poll. it's ur mother for christ sake. Even if my mom totaled my car and burned my house down, i wouldnt make her pay for it. She carried u for 8 months and raise u for how ever many years. that's more than your car is worth 100x over if ur penny pincing. But since she drives ur car all the time, i wouldnt even bother repairing them cuz chances are she'll curb them again. It's ok, after a week, you wont even care acout them being curbed anymore. Mine are so curbed from my mom driving it... First time i took them to greens. the 3rd time, i gave up, the 10th time i didnt even notice until she told me hahaha
Old 09-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #67
Corny FTW!! MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer111 View Post
^ Parents gave me a loan at buying time, but I've returned the full amount (and more) already.

I have no problem letting her drive it, but her racking up all this additional damage really isn't giving me incentive anymore.
Dude. Seriously they took care of your ass when were shitting in your pants and couldn't clear your own burps. Surprised you even considered having them pay for it.

Sponsored by:
Soundsgood

For all your car audio needs!
#3-910 Tupper Avenue
Coquitlam, BC V3K 1A5
Shop: 604-961-8626
www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday, 9:00 to 6:00
FeistyBearH22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #68
I don't get it

AMG?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
u own an AMG!!!!! and crying over a wheel??
if u dont like the scratch on it use the spare tire
and tell ur mom to smack u
turboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:15 AM   #69
Banned (ABWS)

LAYETH THE SMACKETH DOWN
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #70
Need my Daily Fix of RS

B, C, D are reasonable because you pay rent to live at home. Maybe strike a deal with them to not pay rent for a few months to make up for the damages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer111
I have already let those slide (ie the damage has NOT been fixed for cost reasons)
E... you kinda already answered that one by yourself. plus, it's an asshole-ish move to bring up situations in the past. next thing you know, you're going to be asking her to pay for the bicycle that she ran over when you were 5 years old.

Quote:
My mother obviously hasn't learned.
A would be the righteous option. You are aware that you mom drives like shit, but you still continue to lend your car to her. Maybe if you had a shitbox beater, but in your benz? Do not lend your car to anyone, unless you are ready to deal with the consequences.

Quote:
My mother does not have a car of her own. So it's... public transit.
if A is chosen, then F should be the very next step.
BAN HER FROM DRIVING YOUR CAR.

"Nothing beats the feeling of taking a good poo..."
i_eat_r1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #71
Banned (ABWS)

Post pics of mom!
CivicTypeRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #72
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,550 Times in 845 Posts
?!?!?!? SHES YOU MOM. SHE SPEND LIKE SO MUCH EFFORT RAISING YOU UP TO NOW, NOW U ASK HER FOR MONEY CUZ SHE SCRATCH YOUR WHEELS? man, she spend like million dollars raising u up and whatever, did she say "hey u broke my flower vase you will pay it back to me when you're 19!!!"? Just forgive her, without her you wouldn't even exist :C
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #73

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
you make it sound like you're so great for buying your own car and paying your own way - its nothing special (maybe in chinese culture it is, but w/e)

she's your mother - she brought you into this world, gave up so much of her own money and freedom to raise you - you cannot do anything to her other than try to teach her to drive better

don't buy her a beater - she obviously cannot drive

make sure she leaves notes & contact info for all the cars she hits - if she hits & runs, i hope you both die very painful deaths (i hate hit & runs - total scum do this)

also - you lent her your car + have insurance for her - you are responsible for anything that happens, either out of your pocket, or through insurance

there is no debating doing anything else - if you think you can do something / ask for money - move out today & grow up - she's your mother
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #74

You drive an AMG, but you're such a wuss who can't make a decision on his own, that you have to come here to get opinions?

Wow.. ultimate suckage. Your mom raised you well! No wonder she curbs your rims.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:43 AM   #75
I don't get it

Are you kidding me? Do you have NO SHAME? Who the f*ck are you to even say such matters? This is the person that gave YOU birth! How dare you even think of such things, let alone to post this on a public forum.
divine is offline   Reply With Quote