REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-13-2009, 12:57 AM   #76
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

A or just live with the curbed rim.
So when you were a kid, you never damaged your mom's house or dented something? She raised you for like 20 years with all that money, and you want her to repay for something like this? Just forgive her................ She would feel sad inside if you ask her to pay for her mistake
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2009, 03:48 AM   #77
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer111 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. Keep 'em coming.

Not sure how some of you jumped to some of your conclusions, but this has nothing to do with extorting. It has to do with my mom taking responsibility and paying for damage to stuff she broke. I didn't ask for a new set of 4 rims or a trip to Europe. And yes, my mom can afford this easily so it's not like she'll be starving for a month if she pays for repairs. It's the principle here.

Also, for the record since some of you missed it twice already, this car is 100% PAID FOR BY ME.

It's not possible to have my mother 100% not drive my car. For example, if I left town for the weekend, she'd be using it to do errands. That I don't mind as long as she doesn't damage my car.

Getting my mother a beater is basically telling her to her face "you suck at driving and are not worthy of driving a half-decent car", so I'm hesitant to do that and I want my mom to enjoy the car as much as I do.. However, I also want my mother to understand that fixing stuff is not as cheap as she thinks, and since she's not paying a penny for repairs up to now, she has no idea. She's already offered to "pay whatever amount makes me happy", so I'm trying to strike a balance between getting the damage repaired to my standards, and making sure she feels the pinch of paying for repairs.

Taylor, yes I do baby my car. And actually, the AMG finish does seem to be different from my 16" stockies. I can show you my stock rims (they're my winter beaters) when I stick them on in a month. Little black dots/blobs all over them that do NOT come off, which is why they became my beaters. Oh, and my mother has curbed those too.

The biggest Piece of Shit on revscene, even ppl like Hyde or the fairies in the fashion thread or the douches who race and brag about it on here don't measure up to you

you're not paying rent to live there you're showing your appreciation for all that love by helping out a little bit every month.

were you actually expecting all the 12-15 year olds on here to go "YEAH DUDE STICK IT TO YOU PARENTS!! Get em back for Parenting all these years!! UR SO COOL?!!"

douche
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #78
My homepage has been set to RS

you guys make it seem like parents can do whatever they want to your stuff because they've raised you lovingly and you wouldn't exist without them. she's your fuking mom! think about it on the other side, if you were a dad and you kept damaging your son's car, you wouldn't own up to it??! you're gonna think, oh...i've raised my son all these years, i don't owe him nothing! wtf guys.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:43 AM   #79
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

yea i'd agree with forgiving her but then buying her a beater to drive
Old 09-13-2009, 09:29 AM   #80

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
you guys make it seem like parents can do whatever they want to your stuff because they've raised you lovingly and you wouldn't exist without them. she's your fuking mom! think about it on the other side, if you were a dad and you kept damaging your son's car, you wouldn't own up to it??! you're gonna think, oh...i've raised my son all these years, i don't owe him nothing! wtf guys.
she's not trashing on it on purpose - she just can't drive (she is a middle aged asian woman, after all)

if she were abusing the situation - maybe then don't lend her the car, but she uses it once a month, curbed a rim once (again, due to lack of life skills, not menace)

this isn't a white trash southern US hillbilly jerry springer situation where the dad is ruining the kids car & sleeping with his girlfriend - its just an unfortunate situation
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #81
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
Dude man... I'm sure you have caused more trouble for your mother when you were young than her just damaging your car. Tell her it's ok and don't worry about it, and fix the wheel. Buy her a beater car and don't cheap out. She's your mother! I'm sure she tried her best to give you the best of everything, so you should at least do what you can to get her a decent car.
If you think about it, it's very inconvenient in the lower mainland to not have a car when compared to Asian countries where the necessities are just around the corner.
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #82
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
I still don't get the part why a beater is a bad idea. I mean, not something like a 1981 Oldsmobile beater but like a very reasonable as-seen-everywhere 1998 - 2000 ish Corolla Civic Cavalier complete with power options and A/C?

What's wrong with those? They are about 2K on the market right now.... Cheaper than your rims as a set.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #83
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
"OMG learn to park"
then just get over it
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #84
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer111 View Post
Taylor, yes I do baby my car. And actually, the AMG finish does seem to be different from my 16" stockies. I can show you my stock rims (they're my winter beaters) when I stick them on in a month. Little black dots/blobs all over them that do NOT come off, which is why they became my beaters. Oh, and my mother has curbed those too.
The 16" stock wheels suck, the 17"s had a much smoother finish similar to the AMGs.

Paint the wheel and stop being so paranoid. Its a car, not a trophy.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:41 AM   #85
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
The biggest Piece of Shit on revscene, even ppl like Hyde or the fairies in the fashion thread or the douches who race and brag about it on here don't measure up to you

you're not paying rent to live there you're showing your appreciation for all that love by helping out a little bit every month.
He's already said he's paying rent (hint: its in the first post), please read before you make assumptions, it only makes you look like an ass.

If he's paying to rent, I don't see the problem with her paying to fix the rim. I've paid to fix my parents cars when I damaged them. I only see a problem with him being too picky about the repair.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:51 PM   #86
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Suck it up.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
He's already said he's paying rent (hint: its in the first post), please read before you make assumptions, it only makes you look like an ass.

If he's paying to rent, I don't see the problem with her paying to fix the rim. I've paid to fix my parents cars when I damaged them. I only see a problem with him being too picky about the repair.
maybe you should read my comment more thoroughly before you comment, makes you look like an idiot

maybe if i added a "really" between the 'not paying' it would allow you to understand it better, but it shouldn't be necessary.

back to the douche, it wouldn't be a problem if it was like

Douche: aw mom you smashed my rims!
mom: oh im sorry son go get them fixed mommy will pay for it

or

Douche: aw mom you smashed my rims can you help me get them fixed?
Mom: oh! im so sorry son but of course!

in the douche's case he's like "my mom smashed my fucking rims! i want her to learn a fucking lesson so she understands that this is costly!!" <<< that right there is a grade: Canada Prime prick

Last edited by StylinRed; 09-15-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:29 AM   #88
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I'm all for boundaries and not letting your parents walk over you unreasonably.

slammer, you come across as a frail and vindictive person.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #89

sleep on it. And then answer this question yourself:

Are my wheels worth the awkwardness in the remaining years of her/your life? I'm sure if you get into a pinch a need a bail out you would think twice about what you plan to do today.

Buy another set of cheaper wheels and call it a day, that is if a beater is too much money/trouble.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #90
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
maybe you should read my comment more thoroughly before you comment, makes you look like an idiot

maybe if i added a "really" between the 'not paying' it would allow you to understand it better, but it shouldn't be necessary.
I understood it, I didn't try to reframe it. Rent is rent, he could choose to rent a room elsewhere.

Your comment assumes we should all repay our parents for their love, which is stupid, just like your comments.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #91
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
Are my wheels worth the awkwardness in the remaining years of her/your life? I'm sure if you get into a pinch a need a bail out you would think twice about what you plan to do today.
To me a lot of the comments here seem to assume that anything done wrong as a teen was taken care of by their parents. If that's true, then yes, you should now pay for your parents mistakes as they paid for yours. My parents made me pay for my own mistakes, and I would expect them to pay for theirs.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:30 PM   #92
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

How old are you op. why don't you move out. If i have to live with my parent. I'd rather sell my car and belonging just to move out. Are you a honger? i find it hard to believe your parent accepting your "rent". Come on his money is your money, we don't pay rent!
hkRicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #93
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,309 Posts
orgasm_donor has a 93 Civic selling for $2500.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #94

a and f
you! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #95
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
wow. just wow.

OPTION A. i can't believe you listed the other options. suck it up and pay for it to make up all the sweat and tears she's had to endure raising you

as for your mom being a shitty driver... maybe an intervention of some sort is in order. if she's that bad then she's an accident waiting to happen and maybe shouldn't be on the road.

my mom isn't that great either. she's had more than her share of parking lot incidents also... but in my case it's her own car and she dosen't want anything to do with mine (too small).

Last edited by thumper; 09-15-2009 at 02:26 PM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
I understood it, I didn't try to reframe it. Rent is rent, he could choose to rent a room elsewhere.

Your comment assumes we should all repay our parents for their love, which is stupid, just like your comments.
Sorry Taylow but judging by your initial reply you didn't understand it at all so you were an idiot

and now you're making more assumptions "we should all repay our parents for their love" if you did understand that comment i just offered a different viewpoint for his idea of rent

face it you're wrong kthxbye

edit: also you're refusing to see OP comments of wanting his mom to learn a lesson, that's fucked up, that goes into the realms of maliciousness so either you're a douche too so you can't see that, or juding by you're previous replies you're just an idiot since you can't comprehend the meanings from others replies and just add your own results.

Last edited by StylinRed; 09-16-2009 at 02:51 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #97

Rims are the last thing on your mum's mind, so she probably does not see the importance of this event as much as you do.

And to "teach" her a lesson is futile, you can't make Asian women care more about LV and Gucci.

Next time paint the rims Gucci or something and maybe she'll respect them a little more. Otherwise, a wheel is a wheel is an object that usually comes in a set of 4 for a car roll on - I'm sure 99% of the female population thinks that way.

So a bit of a tangent here: If you think your rims can attract pussy, you are wrong.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #98
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Sorry Taylow but judging by your initial reply you didn't understand it at all so you were an idiot

and now you're making more assumptions "we should all repay our parents for their love" if you did understand that comment i just offered a different viewpoint for his idea of rent

face it you're wrong kthxbye
A different viewpoint yes, and a wrong viewpoint. Your opinion isn't valid if you have to bend the truth to make it.

Quote:
edit: also you're refusing to see OP comments of wanting his mom to learn a lesson, that's fucked up, that goes into the realms of maliciousness so either you're a douche too so you can't see that, or juding by you're previous replies you're just an idiot since you can't comprehend the meanings from others replies and just add your own results.
You obviously haven't understood a single one of my posts. I'll make it more clear for you since your reading comprehension is lacking.

I agree with teaching his mom a lesson, IF his parents taught him the same lesson. My parents made me pay for all damage I did to their car. I would expect them to do the same, otherwise they are hypocrites for teaching one thing, yet doing another.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #99
Banned (ABWS)

i never heard of a son teaching his mom a lesson.... what the fuck has this world turned in to
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #100
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
And to "teach" her a lesson is futile, you can't make Asian women care more about LV and Gucci.
Awesome idea!

Quote:
So a bit of a tangent here: If you think your rims can attract pussy, you are wrong.
His car is a trophy, look at how many times he references how he paid for it. Its probably the first car he's owned, and he's over-protective of it.

I was the same way the first few years I owned my car, now its just a car.