REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Some random thoughts on relationships (https://www.revscene.net/forums/589425-some-random-thoughts-relationships.html)

CanadaGoose 09-15-2009 11:26 PM

Some random thoughts on relationships

"Maybe this is more a note to myself online, or just some of my random observations/opinions... so I can remind myself anywhere I have access to the internet, but I thought maybe others might benefit from this as well, so here they are out loud":

NEVER change just because you're in a relationship. I think a lot of relationships that fail due to the girl losing interest in the guy has to do with him falling too hard and becoming soft (too nice, mushy, lovey)... remember how when you first met your SO, you used to poke fun at her and tease her, and she loved it, but now you can't stop saying nice things to her? To the point it's almost predictable aka. boringg? That's the change I'm talking about. I'm not saying not to open up, or to forever keep your guard up and be a rock.... but remind yourself who she fell for in the first place, and what made her so attracted....you - and the way you were when you first met. Do yourself and your SO a favour and don't change just because you're in relationship.

Sex.... don't always jump at it. A little bit of self control here goes a long way. Take your time and just enjoy the kissing and feeling, and let her lead the way for once. You'll know you've surrendered the lead to her when she's the one pulling your shirt off, and tugging at your pants.

On that same note, read my thread on going down on your girl. She will appreciate your willingness to please her like you would never believe, because oral is a two way street, trust me. If you've ever wondered why your girl is so reluctant to go down on you, or doesn't make a good effort at it....ask yourself when was the last time you did for her, and actually tried your honest best to please her (flickingg your tongue, or jamming your fingers in doesn't count lolol).

Limit your time with your SO. Less IS more. I'm not saying to brush her off, or purposely cut down time spent with her...what I'm talking about is having your own life. If you are busy, then it is what it is. Don't overcomplicate your life by trying to jam in time with your SO ALL the time. Even though you two are together, you both live separate lives. You need to have time to miss each other, and to truly appreciate the time you spend together. Let her know you dedicate all your free time to her - but remind yourself that is not the same as 'every waking moment'. You still need to live your own life.

If you love her, tell her that! You should probably also explain to her that you are not 'in love' with her (because honestly unless you're like 40yrs old, you're not gonna know what true love is) but you can still let her know how much you love her.

skyxx 09-15-2009 11:34 PM

AH, finally. A thread that I wanted to see for a while. :thumbsup:

All these things seem so simple yet people neglect it. Time to rethink about your actions people.

asian_XL 09-16-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Limit your time with your SO. Less IS more. I'm not saying to brush her off, or purposely cut down time spent with her...what I'm talking about is having your own life. If you are busy, then it is what it is. Don't overcomplicate your life by trying to jam in time with your SO ALL the time. Even though you two are together, you both live separate lives.
I haven't read the whole thing yet, but this one catches my attention and I think it is SO DAMN true.

Keeping it less than 3 days, it will make your relationship much better.

Drow 09-16-2009 12:28 AM

dont put the pussy on a pedastal

Conan O'Brien Sex Video 09-16-2009 07:15 AM

appreciate the little things they do for you

constructively confront each other when issues arise

03aspec 09-16-2009 07:48 AM

http://i32.tinypic.com/b9476.jpg

Noir 09-16-2009 08:30 AM

I can break all of those rules and still come out on the winning side. (albeit, depends on the girl though if I go with the easy going, not stuck up kind)

Success to dating isn't really about how good your strategy is, nor how good your game is. It's how you are as a person.

That's why you see guys who can be jerks and still get girls.
That's why you see guys who cheat yet their gfs won't leave 'em and forgive 'em.
That's why you see guys who are possessive of their girls, and girls just let them.

You can do all the wrong things and still win. It really all depends on the guys persona.

LC21 09-16-2009 09:15 AM

we need more of these. Now where is physixxs?

yuusha 09-16-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 6595156)
I can break all of those rules and still come out on the winning side. (albeit, depends on the girl though if I go with the easy going, not stuck up kind)

Success to dating isn't really about how good your strategy is, nor how good your game is. It's how you are as a person.

That's why you see guys who can be jerks and still get girls.
That's why you see guys who cheat yet their gfs won't leave 'em and forgive 'em.
That's why you see guys who are possessive of their girls, and girls just let them.

You can do all the wrong things and still win. It really all depends on the guys persona.

It also depends on how dumb the girl is.

Noir 09-16-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by min.tee (Post 6595606)
It also depends on how dumb the girl is.

Yeah but that's like, a lot of them. :)

But I was only using extreme examples for a purpose to show how far you can break rules.

hotjoint 09-16-2009 05:40 PM

biggest rule - dont mix love with money....

03aspec 09-16-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotjoint (Post 6596128)
biggest rule - dont mix love with money....

i have only one true love, money. :)

liu13 09-16-2009 07:48 PM

your age and/or experience really shows in this post

or may be you're just inebriated

03aspec 09-16-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6596375)
your age and/or experience really shows in this post

or may be you're just inebriated

you're*

who are you talking to though?

Moratorium 09-16-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03aspec (Post 6596446)
you're*

..... no its your. As in a possessive, as in the person's (yours) age and experience. Thanks for proving his point.

you're = you are

you are age and or experience? does that make sense to you?

impactX 09-16-2009 08:35 PM

Grammar 101

03aspec 09-16-2009 08:46 PM

ya, im an idiot and im high, but mostly just an idiot

omega_cc 09-16-2009 08:54 PM

keep a relationship from turning to a relationshit, and you're set.

03aspec 09-16-2009 09:10 PM

http://i29.tinypic.com/n3rg5h.jpg

liu13 09-16-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03aspec (Post 6596446)
you're*

i was referring to the OP, seems like he had his first long term relationship just end and he was in a drunken stupor

omega_cc 09-16-2009 09:39 PM

what does OP really mean anyways? i mean, it supposed to mean opening poster, from that /b/oard, but everyone just kinda takes it to every other board. shouldnt the "OP" be called a TS for "thread starter"?

CanadaGoose 09-16-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6596591)
i was referring to the OP, seems like he had his first long term relationship just end and he was in a drunken stupor

LOL for one, pretty much anything to do with typing goes out the window when I'm hammed .. and I probably would've used the word fuckshit or balls at least once in there

CanadaGoose 09-16-2009 11:47 PM

I want to make it clear - my note is do with with serious relationships NOT dating... that's a totally different story. Please do not be telling the girls you're dating that you love them LOL.... in that case if you ever get asked, the only correct answer would be 'you wish' hahah

LC21 09-17-2009 12:09 AM

HAHA YOU WISH?
K i'mma start using that line.

skyxx 09-17-2009 02:00 AM

^ LOL, don't say that.....No sex for you buddy...