REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #26
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
same thing happened to me! my teg got towed last halloween and the tow truch driver made a huge dent on my front left fender. I wrote a damage report to the towing company and nothing from them, went to ICBC and guess what since they cant prove that the damage was made by the tow truck they werent going to do anything... BS went home and popped the dent out from underneath
Advertisement
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J____ View Post
they're ALWAYS good when you HIRE them to do a job. When they're towing you for parking illegally, they dont give a shit. the faster to get you out the better. When i was at ubc, i parked in a spot in in one of the residence, someone called the tow truck company, and 1 came. By the time it came i was standing at the rear of my car and putting shit into my trunk, the guy pulls up past me then backs in and proceeds to run his scissor lift thing OVER my foot and into place to lock my wheels in. He then made me pay $40 for a release fee. WTF is with that. i couldnt sue cuz i only had a skin scrap on my foot as i jumped out of the way of the crushing dolly barely in time.
Any idea of wat could happen if you just sat in your car and refused to let him tow or pay the 40?
azzurro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:20 PM   #28
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurro32 View Post
Any idea of wat could happen if you just sat in your car and refused to let him tow or pay the 40?
from what i recall it's illegal to tow a car that has a person inside, but...it could escalate into a waiting game and considering the dude is on the clock, he'll probably win...
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:23 PM   #29
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
If you were the tow truck guy and someone is sitting in the car you are supposed to tow.

Would you:
drag him out?
call the cops?
tow with the person in it?
beat the shit outta him?

That's pretty much whats going to happen to the person.
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:49 PM   #30
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
I believe it is LEGAL for the tow truck driver to hook you up if you are JUST sitting in your car. So once you are hooked it is pretty much a waiting game where you have lost already.
But it is ILLEGAL for them to hook you up if you have your engine on.

Or so I've been told, by a tow truck driver who kindly put my car down after charging me $50...

He also told me if I wanted to stop for a couple minutes in a no parking/stopping zone. I should pop my hood and put on my hazard lights. They cannot tow you if you have a legitimate reason like a broken down car. And they will also not check, because it is just a waste of their time if they aren't going to be able to tow you.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:19 AM   #31
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teg4Life View Post
If you were the tow truck guy and someone is sitting in the car you are supposed to tow.

Would you:
drag him out?
call the cops?
tow with the person in it?
beat the shit outta him?

That's pretty much whats going to happen to the person.
That's the thing. If he touches you he could be charged, so they prob wouldn't want to do that. And is the whole situation WORTH calling the cops?

Only thing I can see happening is you tell him to fuck off and you get slapped with a bylaw / parking ticket.
azzurro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #32
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Well a mini update for me: the manager finally spoke with the tow truck driver and to no suprise, the driver denied causing damage and said it was already like that when he got there. The manager did tell me to go to icbc and get it adjusted. If the 3rd party says tower is at fault, then I'd be covered. Getting rather tedious! Must fight on for the mere principle of the situation! I miss my integra