REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   For all you muscleheads: creatine (https://www.revscene.net/forums/591283-all-you-muscleheads-creatine.html)

penner2k 10-13-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkgsr (Post 6633172)
i love how creatine is seen as being for muscle heads....i guess that true enough but creatine is nothing

start on some AAS and then see what happens

Actually forearms are usually the one thing that holds AAS users from reaching full potential.. You can actually usually tell which guys started on roids too early cuz they have decent size everywhere BUT their forearms and their calfs..

SkinnyPupp 10-13-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor192 (Post 6633180)
LOL I wasn't expecting that response.

I've read a bunch of articles and I'm on the fence. Marathon runners get better by simply running more, ie doing more of the same without change. Having run a marathon I agree, sprints and hills didn't make as much of a difference as just getting out there and running longer distances more often.

I personally like the idea of changing it routines, whether science supports it or not, its boring to do the same thing over and over.

It depends on your goals. If your goal is to run a marathon, then that is the type of training you must do. If your goal is size and strength, then you need to change things up.

Training for a marathon can not be compared to weightlifting at all. They are pretty much exact opposites of each other, in terms of athletic performance.

hal0g0dv2 10-13-2009 09:19 PM

He has the forearms of a fucking girl and you got these big arms that look ridiculous. Where's your chest, back and legs? Your arms look stupid. His forearms are probably 14". You'd have to grow some pretty good forearms to handle the weight to grow 27" arms.
" Lee Preist "

trancehead 10-16-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor192 (Post 6633193)
Correct. Although we can argue how much they'll push you along. :D

I'll bet you $5 that stronger forearms will make more of a difference than any supplement.

I moved up huge in chest press after I started working forearms. One of the football players at my university suggested it and he was bang on. He had 3 simple exercises:

Tricep pull downs. Use reverse grip, keep your thumb on the same side as your fingers.
Bicep curls. Use reverse grip, keep your thumb on the same side as your fingers.
Standing hold with dumbbells. Like should shrugs, yet just standing holding the weight at your side until failure.

The reason for the reserve grip and thumb on same side is to put all the emphasis on the grip, no cheating using your thumb or palm as leverage. I like to do these exercises quickly and super set them.

+++++++++1

You're bang on with the hammer here. Did flat DB bench today and my forearms gave out on the third set before any other muscle. Ive always had the notion before that my forearms would naturally catchup with my other muscles so attention was never paid to them. Big mistake!! going for Popeye's forearms now:thumbsup:

I will give you the $5 only if it goes towards removing that paintjob from your C :mad::mad::D

taylor192 10-20-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trancehead (Post 6638626)
+++++++++1

You're bang on with the hammer here. Did flat DB bench today and my forearms gave out on the third set before any other muscle. Ive always had the notion before that my forearms would naturally catchup with my other muscles so attention was never paid to them. Big mistake!! going for Popeye's forearms now:thumbsup:

I will give you the $5 only if it goes towards removing that paintjob from your C :mad::mad::D

:thumbsup:

You don't need to over-work forearms, yet they should be a part of your weekly workout routine. I add those 3 exercises at the end of my bi/tri day to make a complete arm workout.

:p I'll take the $5 towards buying a Jeep Unlimited to replace the C-coupe.

Ulic Qel-Droma 10-21-2009 04:08 AM

no straps deadlifts make your forearms grow.