REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   For all you muscleheads: creatine (https://www.revscene.net/forums/591283-all-you-muscleheads-creatine.html)

trancehead 10-01-2009 09:39 PM

For all you muscleheads: creatine

I've been back consistently to the gym again for about 2.5 months now and am seeing a slight plateau in my lifts. So i figure now would be a good time to try Creatine. I've never tried it but have just started looking into it.

So far what looks the most appealing to me is Axis Labs Creatine Creatine Ethyl Ester...has some promising reviews

1. Any input as to what other brands I can try? Reasons as well

2. Cheapest place to get them? (off the top of my head is reflex, popeyes, GNC...but let me know if theres any other stores with good deals in Vancouver)

TIA

SkinnyPupp 10-01-2009 09:43 PM

1) Forget about all these whacky forms of creatine. Get a 100% pure monohydrate.

2) For brands, I recommend brands that I have used that a) are very fine and mix well b) don't clump up easily c) have a noticeable effect. The best brands I have tried are Prolabs and Biotest.

As for where to get them, someone else could better answer that.

Read this.

trancehead 10-01-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6618074)
1) Forget about all these whacky forms of creatine. Get a 100% pure monohydrate.

2) For brands, I recommend brands that I have used that a) are very fine and mix well b) don't clump up easily c) have a noticeable effect. The best brands I have tried are Prolabs and Biotest.

As for where to get them, someone else could better answer that.

Read this.

Awesome article.

So far that CEE i was looking at is the only creatine in pill form...which would be super convient for me.

SkinnyPupp 10-01-2009 10:08 PM

Mono is just as convenient - throw it in your post-workout shake. If you're not taking a post-workout shake, you shouldn't even be considering creatine at this point.

hal0g0dv2 10-01-2009 10:08 PM

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/999/creatinebottle.jpg

jeffh 10-02-2009 07:58 AM

im at the 2.5 months or so area myself, eating right, taking post workout and a breakfast shake for protein, why not work harder and eat more? ill do creatine at some point im sure, but after ive hit a real wall

Nitrous5.0 10-02-2009 08:24 AM

eat meat has enough creatine

trancehead 10-04-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6618137)
Mono is just as convenient - throw it in your post-workout shake. If you're not taking a post-workout shake, you shouldn't even be considering creatine at this point.

Seems like the general consensus for CEE is that its a joke...it does have some benefits but mostly for the bloaters.

Ive been taking Muscle Milk which is not really fast acting protein (as opposed to pure Whey) so i havnt been doing a post workout shake. I just finished my Muscle Milk jug so im going to switch back to ON whey for the post w/o shake. Will definitely throw the creatine in there now

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffh (Post 6618461)
im at the 2.5 months or so area myself, eating right, taking post workout and a breakfast shake for protein, why not work harder and eat more? ill do creatine at some point im sure, but after ive hit a real wall

Everyone at one point will hit a "real wall". It is an inevitability, so why not just start the creatine early? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitrous5.0 (Post 6618485)
eat meat has enough creatine

from an monetary/time/convenience point of view, taking creatine makes sense.

SkinnyPupp 10-04-2009 05:17 PM

You better start taking a post-workout shake. Something with easily-absorbed protein, combined with enough carbs to give a sugar spike. You do NOT want to consume fat during this period, so muscle milk it out of the question.

To start, a simple whey shake with a handful of raisins is fine.

I think "Nitrous 5.0" was just trolling.

Richmond69er 10-04-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6621252)
You better start taking a post-workout shake. Something with easily-absorbed protein, combined with enough carbs to give a sugar spike. You do NOT want to consume fat during this period, so muscle milk it out of the question.

Nitrous 5.0 knows what hes talking about.
he is always the biggest guy in the gym.

hal0g0dv2 10-04-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6621252)

yeah i sometimes have blueberries in my whey shake after the gym

SkinnyPupp 10-04-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richmond69er (Post 6621293)
Nitrous 5.0 knows what hes talking about.
he is always the biggest guy in the gym.

If he thinks it's feasible to replace supplemental creatine with MEAT, then no, he doesn't.

RRxtar 10-04-2009 07:00 PM

if you ate steak for breakfast lunch and dinner youd still only consume about 2/3rds of the creatine your body can use.

i havent started taking it yet but ive starting my research

SkinnyPupp 10-04-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 6621386)

i havent started taking it yet but ive starting my research

Then maybe save the facts-posting until you are finished your research ;)

RRxtar 10-04-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6621389)
Then maybe save the facts-posting until you are finished your research ;)

did you read your own article that you posted?
"So if you weigh 200 pounds, your body can use 4 grams per day. If you get 2 grams through food and your natural ability to make some from amino acids, that means 2 grams a day from supplements should be all you need.... A daily maintenance [suplimental] dose of 3 grams or less of simple creatine monohydrate is more than enough for almost any healthy individual."

and
"Most of the creatine in the diet comes from meat (an 8-ounce steak might have a gram).... although cooking destroys most of it" from http://www.ironmagazine.com/review11.html

so if your body can use about 5 grams, and you get 2 from your regular meals, if you added a steak to breakfast and lunch (just for arguements sake, an 8oz steak and you get 50% of that 1 gram it contains) you would only be getting an extra 1 maybe 1.5 grams or creatine per day for a total of 3 to 3.5. which is between 60 and 70%. which is roughly 2/3rds.

Im on 3 hours sleep today, but can you point out the mistake in my logic? and ;) right back at ya big guy.

SkinnyPupp 10-04-2009 08:13 PM

If you want to eat 3 raw steaks a day, every single day of your life, go for it. Otherwise, take 3-5 grams of creatine a day.

Big guy.

I'm not sure how much a steak costs in Canada, but for me, 3 8oz steaks a day would be at least $15-20 CAD per day. Do that for 6 months, and you are looking at $3000 worth of raw steak.

Or you could spend $20 and take creatine. Big guy! :lol

RRxtar 10-04-2009 08:17 PM

perhaps you misinterpreted my post about the 2/3rds. i was agreeing with you saying that simply eating meat is not a replacement for suplimenting creatine.

SkinnyPupp 10-04-2009 08:19 PM

Yup, probably. I'm on even less sleep than you, big guy.

But I hope the point has been made that the other big guy doesn't know wtf he's talking about, in regards to creatine. And I still think he was just trolling :lol

Nitrous5.0 10-04-2009 10:55 PM

listen im not trolling or anything..
im just saying for what creatine actually does u mine as well eat a steak or 2 extra cuz from my view id spend the extra 30-50 u pay for creatine on food

so skinny pup big guy u are enjoy ur creatine and ur size medium reflex shirts

hal0g0dv2 10-05-2009 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitrous5.0 (Post 6621681)
listen im not trolling or anything..
im just saying for what creatine actually does u mine as well eat a steak or 2 extra cuz from my view id spend the extra 30-50 u pay for creatine on food

so skinny pup big guy u are enjoy ur creatine and ur size medium reflex shirts

what so bad about a med do u get a xxl cause your a fat fuck ?

RacePace 10-05-2009 07:53 AM

we're getting offended by our shirt sizes now? really?

SkinnyPupp 10-05-2009 08:16 AM

I'm not even going to attempt to comprehend that post :lol

rickross888 10-05-2009 10:07 AM

keep the test-levels down guys :haha:

jeffh 10-05-2009 12:59 PM

i wear boys small so the chixxx can see my sick abs

Nitrous5.0 10-05-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halogodv2 (Post 6621916)
what so bad about a med do u get a xxl cause your a fat fuck ?

i see we have 2 size mediums

i said that in response to him claiming i dont know what im talking about like anyone here does