REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #51
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
i love how creatine is seen as being for muscle heads....i guess that true enough but creatine is nothing

start on some AAS and then see what happens
Actually forearms are usually the one thing that holds AAS users from reaching full potential.. You can actually usually tell which guys started on roids too early cuz they have decent size everywhere BUT their forearms and their calfs..
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #52
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
LOL I wasn't expecting that response.

I've read a bunch of articles and I'm on the fence. Marathon runners get better by simply running more, ie doing more of the same without change. Having run a marathon I agree, sprints and hills didn't make as much of a difference as just getting out there and running longer distances more often.

I personally like the idea of changing it routines, whether science supports it or not, its boring to do the same thing over and over.
It depends on your goals. If your goal is to run a marathon, then that is the type of training you must do. If your goal is size and strength, then you need to change things up.

Training for a marathon can not be compared to weightlifting at all. They are pretty much exact opposites of each other, in terms of athletic performance.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #53
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
He has the forearms of a fucking girl and you got these big arms that look ridiculous. Where's your chest, back and legs? Your arms look stupid. His forearms are probably 14". You'd have to grow some pretty good forearms to handle the weight to grow 27" arms.
" Lee Preist "
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #54
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Correct. Although we can argue how much they'll push you along.

I'll bet you $5 that stronger forearms will make more of a difference than any supplement.

I moved up huge in chest press after I started working forearms. One of the football players at my university suggested it and he was bang on. He had 3 simple exercises:

Tricep pull downs. Use reverse grip, keep your thumb on the same side as your fingers.
Bicep curls. Use reverse grip, keep your thumb on the same side as your fingers.
Standing hold with dumbbells. Like should shrugs, yet just standing holding the weight at your side until failure.

The reason for the reserve grip and thumb on same side is to put all the emphasis on the grip, no cheating using your thumb or palm as leverage. I like to do these exercises quickly and super set them.
+++++++++1

You're bang on with the hammer here. Did flat DB bench today and my forearms gave out on the third set before any other muscle. Ive always had the notion before that my forearms would naturally catchup with my other muscles so attention was never paid to them. Big mistake!! going for Popeye's forearms now

I will give you the $5 only if it goes towards removing that paintjob from your C

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #55
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
+++++++++1

You're bang on with the hammer here. Did flat DB bench today and my forearms gave out on the third set before any other muscle. Ive always had the notion before that my forearms would naturally catchup with my other muscles so attention was never paid to them. Big mistake!! going for Popeye's forearms now

I will give you the $5 only if it goes towards removing that paintjob from your C

You don't need to over-work forearms, yet they should be a part of your weekly workout routine. I add those 3 exercises at the end of my bi/tri day to make a complete arm workout.

I'll take the $5 towards buying a Jeep Unlimited to replace the C-coupe.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:08 AM   #56
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
no straps deadlifts make your forearms grow.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote