REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Nissan / Infiniti Tech Resources

Nissan / Infiniti Tech Resources All Nissan & Infiniti Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 01-31-2011, 05:58 PM   #51
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneGuru View Post
Oh, nice. It was the only model he had in stock that fits my car, so why not. Did you install your header yourself, Nick? Was it a hard process or relatively straight forward?
took me about 2 hours, and that was with me adding the exhaust too, and drilling out the bolt on the cat that broke. if you need help when it gets here, let me know, i could always help out.
Advertisement
Street Car --> 15.45 | Vega --> 11.65
seekerbeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by !aznboi128 View Post
For you b15 guys with the qr25, how long would you guys say it is to change the head gasket? My bro's sentra gasket just went and coolant is sipping thru.
Posted via RS Mobile
is it a 1.8, 2.0, or 2.5L? head gasket issues make me think 1.8, but it could be a 2.5.... its a PITA and you need to set aside at least 4 - 5 hours, and you need to take apart almost everything to get at the HG
Old 01-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #53
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
It's the qr25 so 2.5. Shitty how you gotta take apart the whole thing
Posted via RS Mobile
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:04 PM   #54
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,392 Times in 180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerbeta View Post
took me about 2 hours, and that was with me adding the exhaust too, and drilling out the bolt on the cat that broke. if you need help when it gets here, let me know, i could always help out.
Thanks broski
GoneGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #55

lolololol no more work. Looks like I gotta hold off on header till I find another electrical company.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #56
5er
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

So did you buy a header yet? There is one here... http://www.revscene.net/forums/fs-02-06-t634766.html

Last edited by 5er; 02-07-2011 at 11:17 PM.
5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #57

No. I just got my brakes replaced etc etc. Argghhh came to $830. At least I'm working again, so I can buy one soon.

Is that header any good? Do I need to buy anything else or just that one piece.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #58
5er

Well since you're working a header with downpipe and o2 sim would be cooler, code free.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #59
5er

Quote:
No. I just got my brakes replaced etc etc. Argghhh came to $830. At least I'm working again, so I can buy one soon.

Is that header any good? Do I need to buy anything else or just that one piece.
Dude, I have spares of rotors, front calipers, brake booster, some used pads, what did you get for $830??
Old 02-09-2011, 06:21 AM   #60

i did my brakes pads and rotors last year, all new and i had to buy the 2 specialty tools to reset the calipers, and i was just over 200$
Old 02-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #61

Argh. here's what it said

rotors front = 178
brake pads front = 89
labour front = 125
rotors rear = 178
brake pads rear = 92
labour rear = 125
flush and bleed system = 45

832 total

Last edited by GoneGuru; 02-09-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #62
5er

Well, you probablly got a warranty with that at least. And it's good to stop. You must be rich!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #63

lol, yeah came with warranty for 12 months or 20k kms, whichever comes first. Oh well. I still hear some weird clicking noise when I drive, which was the reason I brought it to the mechanics in the first place, thinking it was the vc joint or whatever. sigh.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #64
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er View Post
Well I'm not sure how long it'll take, but here is a real nice write-up on the subject. http://www.b15u.com/sentra-specific-...ma-sentra.html
Looks like a real bitch.
quote..it is a real bitch..i think dealer chrages 8-10 hours...+ sending out the head to be pressure tested and machined...

its easy to misalign the chain and get the timing wrong
Honda x 3
Mazda
Toyota
Suzuki
Subaru
Warp9Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #65
5er

Quote:
lol, yeah came with warranty for 12 months or 20k kms, whichever comes first. Oh well. I still hear some weird clicking noise when I drive, which was the reason I brought it to the mechanics in the first place, thinking it was the vc joint or whatever. sigh.
Last time I took my durango in was cause it needed a tranny... tranny shop put in a tranny $2000 and then the front diff came-out noisy. A few days after the new tranny I was stalling... took it to a mechanic... he hooked it up on the fancy computer testing station thingy... took it for a test drive and told me my alternator was shot. Paid 75$ for that labour. Took it to an alternator shop, the woman-man said the alternator was ok, my computer is the problem (no charge)... later that day I was at saveonfoods and the truck stalled. It wouldn't re-start. I lifted the hood. Looked around, found a loose battery terminal, went to my tool box tightened the wire and the truck started! The tranny shop forgot to re connect my battery... . The front diff continued to make noises. One night the front drive shaft gave out due to the diff prob and half broke off. I switched it to 4x4 mode... I drove home for 5 minutes slowly....clunk clun clunk... and unbolted the rest of the drive shaft... it's been two years, and I have rwd only... neat for burnouts in a durango LOL. Anyway I hate mechanics, glad I have my own garage now, and not so broke.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er View Post
Last time I took my durango in was cause it needed a tranny... tranny shop put in a tranny $2000 and then the front diff came-out noisy. A few days after the new tranny I was stalling... took it to a mechanic... he hooked it up on the fancy computer testing station thingy... took it for a test drive and told me my alternator was shot. Paid 75$ for that labour. Took it to an alternator shop, the woman-man said the alternator was ok, my computer is the problem (no charge)... later that day I was at saveonfoods and the truck stalled. It wouldn't re-start. I lifted the hood. Looked around, found a loose battery terminal, went to my tool box tightened the wire and the truck started! The tranny shop forgot to re connect my battery... . The front diff continued to make noises. One night the front drive shaft gave out due to the diff prob and half broke off. I switched it to 4x4 mode... I drove home for 5 minutes slowly....clunk clun clunk... and unbolted the rest of the drive shaft... it's been two years, and I have rwd only... neat for burnouts in a durango LOL. Anyway I hate mechanics, glad I have my own garage now, and not so broke.

Yeah. I hate mechanics too. That stupid brake crap put a good hold on my modification plans for my car .
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #67

So my service engine soon light recently came on, and i got it checked out for the code, and it came as 0420 - catalyst system efficiency below threshold. Is this the dreaded pre-cat **** I've been hearing about? If it is, I'm going to be super choked because I was just in the process of buying a header. Is it too late to get rid of that cat and put the header on, or is my car a goner and I'm out a **** ton of money?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #68
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

check the o2 sensor after the cat, if it is mimicking the o2 sensor on the front, then the cat is no good, but if it just does nothing, then your in luck and will just need an o2 sensor after the precat,
wasnt there a nissan recall involving this issue? the catalyst breaking up and getting sucked back in scoring the cylinder walls?
Old 03-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #69
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

The recall did little about this issue. They added some heat shield to the manifold.

Start checking your oil level often. If the pre-cat got sucked in, I suspect in a few months you'll find yourself burning 1 litre per week (length of the dipstick markings).

If you are lucky, it might just be the sensor, but the odds are stacked against you.

Anyone with a QR25 should slap on a header ASAP. If you don't have a header handy, just cut the manifold off above the pre-cat with a jigsaw until you get one. Open headers save engines.

In theory all cars have a government required 7 year warranty on the emissions equipment. Maybe they timed the sensor to quit right after.
DasHooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #70

Light disappeared a day after I got my oil changed.
Coincidence? Regardless, the header I bought online should be arriving tomorrow *_*!!
I think I may need new spark plugs as well. Sometimes it cranks for a couple seconds before starting, and my mpg is absolute shit. at 300kms since I filled up and I'm almost at 1/4 tank left.