REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   brush your teeth before or after breakfast? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/592239-brush-your-teeth-before-after-breakfast.html)

asian_XL 10-10-2009 06:42 PM

brush your teeth before or after breakfast?

does it matter? discuss...

liu13 10-10-2009 07:01 PM

i think you're suppose to do it before, but i do after because i dont like shi in my teeth

MR_BIGGS 10-10-2009 07:10 PM

So many people tell me that they brush and then eat breakfast. There logic is that tthey have stank breath and its disgusting not to brush first. My logic is, I want to have fresh breath after eating and not have stuff stuck in my teeth. Wouldn't you want to leave the house or whatever after brushing?

jtanner_ 10-10-2009 07:14 PM

I generally eat then brush, although there have been cases where it's been brush, eat, brush in the morning lol.

IronCork 10-10-2009 07:33 PM

You shouldn't brush your teeth right after a meal, especially when you had alot of acidic food/drinks (in this case, oranges/fruit juices for breakfast). This is because the acid will soften your enamel and brushing right after wears your enamel which leads to dental erosion.

So if you really want to brush after breakfast, its better to wait at least 30 minutes because our saliva can neutralize the acid.

I was wondering the same thing weeks ago, so I searched around for this lol

CorneringArtist 10-10-2009 08:16 PM

I'm not sure why people are REALLY divided over this topic. I brush after since I don't want my breakfast stanking up my mouth in the mornings, otherwise I'd have to chew gum more often than I do.

wuuhoo 10-10-2009 09:25 PM

i brush first, eat second, and if i have to, listerine

yuusha 10-10-2009 11:42 PM

Bad for your teeth to brush after eating. I dunno what the fuck you guys eat for breakfast but I've never had stanky ass breath after breakfast. I do use mouthwash after breakfast though...

MR_BIGGS 10-10-2009 11:48 PM

I don't have stank breath after eating breakfast. It just feels better to leave the house after brushing. I have always brushed after eating, and I have only had two cavities in my whole life and my teeth are straight and they are not sensative. Brushing before eating doesn't make sense to me. Orange juice after brushing..terrible.

ajax 10-11-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS (Post 6630192)
I don't have stank breath after eating breakfast. It just feels better to leave the house after brushing. I have always brushed after eating, and I have only had two cavities in my whole life and my teeth are straight and they are not sensative. Brushing before eating doesn't make sense to me. Orange juice after brushing..terrible.

You dont happen to be white do you?:p

I probably could never eat before brushing, with the dry weird taste in your mouth.

liu13 10-11-2009 12:34 AM

so no one here rinses with just water before eating?

rinse, eat, brush

Ulic Qel-Droma 10-11-2009 05:40 AM

yeah, it's weird.

asians brush before they eat, white people brush after. this of course is a stereotype and generalization, but we all know stereotypes are true.

anyways, i've found it really hard to do anything unless i brush my teeth first thing waking up. my breath just stinks, not only can i TASTE the badness, i can feel it like, growing in my mouth. it's like waking up with a pile of shit in your mouth, and instead of cleaning it out, you stuff it with good tasting food to cover it up and then you swallow it.

logically the white man is right, but what makes me function better, is the asian way. of course i've thrown in my own little twist, i mean, a quick rinse/gurgle, after you eat doesn't hurt and only takes like what, 4 seconds.

oh i duno how the fuck or what the fuck you guys eat, but i usually don't get shit stuck between my teeth, or i just generally avoid food that gets stuck between your teeth because it's so "mah fan", that and it feels like someone shoved a door stop between your teeth.

MR_BIGGS 10-11-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajax (Post 6630229)
You dont happen to be white do you?:p

I probably could never eat before brushing, with the dry weird taste in your mouth.

LOL...No I'm East Indian.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 6630378)
yeah, it's weird.

asians brush before they eat, white people brush after. this of course is a stereotype and generalization, but we all know stereotypes are true.

anyways, i've found it really hard to do anything unless i brush my teeth first thing waking up. my breath just stinks, not only can i TASTE the badness, i can feel it like, growing in my mouth. it's like waking up with a pile of shit in your mouth, and instead of cleaning it out, you stuff it with good tasting food to cover it up and then you swallow it.

logically the white man is right, but what makes me function better, is the asian way. of course i've thrown in my own little twist, i mean, a quick rinse/gurgle, after you eat doesn't hurt and only takes like what, 4 seconds.

oh i duno how the fuck or what the fuck you guys eat, but i usually don't get shit stuck between my teeth, or i just generally avoid food that gets stuck between your teeth because it's so "mah fan", that and it feels like someone shoved a door stop between your teeth.

:haha: WOW

ajax 10-11-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS (Post 6630500)
LOL...No I'm East Indian.

:haha: WOW

hahahaha seriously? never met another desi who does that:p

MR_BIGGS 10-11-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajax (Post 6630600)
hahahaha seriously? never met another desi who does that:p

Maybe I'm an exception to the rule? I brush like 2-4 times a day and floss everyday too!

twitchyzero 10-11-2009 02:11 PM

brushing first thing in the morning before eating breakfast is the best way
bacteria grows a lot during sleep due to decreased salivary flow..so when you eat breakfast there would be more acid produced by them = bad.

personally i just use mouthrinse to decrease the bacteria colony, eat brkfst, then brush before heading out. I myself like ulic find that there's just that awful breath when i get up, i have to get rid of it before eating. I brush after because i want to get rid of the trapped food/debris and also the smell from my glass of milk.

i'm a dental hygiene student if that helps at all haha

twitchyzero 10-11-2009 02:15 PM

on a side note, the best way to get rid of bad breath is to floss, brush your tongue and drink adequate amount of water regularly.

Mugen EvOlutioN 10-11-2009 05:48 PM

after

asian_XL 10-11-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 6630721)
on a side note, the best way to get rid of bad breath is to floss, brush your tongue and drink adequate amount of water regularly.

Unless you have really bad cavity and you don't brush your teeth for a
month, otherwise most of the time, bad breath is caused by your unhealthy
digestion system.

Pouring water into your stomach might not always get rid of the smell. It's
better to have your dinner and sleep earlier.

Supafly 10-11-2009 08:34 PM

brush...eat..rinse.:)

hal0g0dv2 10-11-2009 08:42 PM

brush b4

hotong 10-11-2009 09:07 PM

Eating food is self-cleansing to the teeth. When you chew your food, it removes the plaque that has accumulated overnight. You should then brush afterwards to remove the food (and sugars) and freshen your breath.

hotjoint 10-13-2009 08:05 AM

brush then eat

Harvey Specter 10-13-2009 04:36 PM

I brush before I eat in the morning and brush, floss and rinse my mouth with mouthwash before I go to bed. I didn't have good dental hygiene for years until my family doctor told me to try sonicare. I've been using sonicare for over a year now and even my dentist is shocked how clean and healthy my teeth and gums have become.

JSALES 10-13-2009 07:59 PM

brush then eat