REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Random Acts of Kindness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/592279-random-acts-kindness.html)

Prolowtone 10-06-2012 03:01 AM

I am always telling people they have flat tires or burnt out lights. I love how when i try to get people to put their windows down they look at me as if i am mugging them, Then i tell them whats wrong and they seem embarrassed/happy :badpokerface:

My favorite was an old women in a reliant. I signaled her to lower her window and she gave me the :heckno: look. I told her that her rear tire was flat and she floored it across 2 lanes of traffic, cutting people off without looking, to get into the Esso gas station

PJ 10-06-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prolowtone (Post 8048192)
I am always telling people they have flat tires or burnt out lights. I love how when i try to get people to put their windows down they look at me as if i am mugging them, Then i tell them whats wrong and they seem embarrassed/happy :badpokerface:

A few days ago

Cute Asian girl pulled up next to me at stop light.
She rolled down her window, I rolled down mine. :fullofwin:
She said "your gas cover's open."
I said "I know."

I didn't know. :okay:

TypeRNammer 10-14-2012 11:00 PM

It's been a while since I've posted in here.

Anyways earlier in the afternoon I was dropping off a delivery, I noticed a VW Tiguan sitting on the side on Cambie Road before No.4 Road, it had a flat tire.

Had to go do the delivery first. When I came back their direction, they were still there. It was an asian girl probably in her late 20's and her mom in the car.

Turns out they were still looking for help and kind of started to panic so I offered my assistance to change the tire for them.

Changing the spare tire on a VW Tiguan wasn't easy since I'm not familiar with newer Volkswagen vehicles, but I toughed it out a bit and manage to mount on the spare for them anyways.

After everything was done and set, I wasn't expecting anything in return, but she offered to take me out for dinner for helping her out lol.

Here's a video highlight of me changing the tire, total time was 20 mins, but cropped the video down to about 2 minutes

:feelsgoodman:

roastpuff 10-14-2012 11:11 PM

Good on you man! She looks cute as well! ;)

Let us know how dinner goes.

Razor Ramon HG 10-14-2012 11:24 PM

This will be TypeRNammer's song this weekend

yray 10-14-2012 11:43 PM

damm that tires fucked up

Mr.Money 10-15-2012 12:17 AM

does anyone worry about idiots on the road while your changing a tire with traffic going along & nobody slows down?.

Fafine 10-15-2012 12:23 AM

looks like typer got her number :thumbs:

murd0c 10-15-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafine (Post 8055244)
looks like typer got her number :thumbs:

of course, she is taking him out for that dinner remember ;)

mk1freak 10-15-2012 07:43 AM

Good stuff typeR, pics or it didn't happen ok?.....of the food :ifyouknow:
Posted via RS Mobile

b0unce. [?] 10-15-2012 09:27 AM

good on you. There needs to be more folks like you.
Posted via RS Mobile

radioman 10-15-2012 01:42 PM

She looks cute. :thumbsup:

Good on you

snails 10-15-2012 01:46 PM

finally dash cams posting good stuff! :fullofwin:

good job!

FerrariEnzo 10-15-2012 03:21 PM

more pics.... of the girl!!!

gj typer!

TypeRNammer 10-15-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8055239)
does anyone worry about idiots on the road while your changing a tire with traffic going along & nobody slows down?.

I do, especially if it's in Richmond.

A lot of large vehicles were driving by including buses, they didn't exactly slow down :rukidding: One of them even honked at me too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mk1freak (Post 8055346)
Good stuff typeR, pics or it didn't happen ok?.....of the food :ifyouknow:
Posted via RS Mobile

Don't worry I'll take photos of the....food :ifyouknow:

Jgresch 10-15-2012 04:39 PM

Spoilering just in case (Work related)

Spoiler!

Prolowtone 10-15-2012 05:29 PM

I talk with the new Family that moved in 2 doors down once in awhile and they were having van troubles the last 2 weeks, pushing their van from the parking area to their door to charge the battery every morning. It finally crapped out and would not hold a charge. I was cleaning my garage for 8 hours yesterday so i had the garage door open with my garbage cans moved out of the way and he walked over to say hi and see how my new project car was coming along.

We were chatting about me helping him restore his Chevy nova and started to talk about the van, he was asking me if i think it was the battery or the alternator and after a few questions i told him your battery is toast. I told him that he can get one for about 119 at Canadian tire. He was asking if i know of anywhere cheaper as money is tight right now. I told him he can borrow the brand new battery in my car since it is not drive-able at the moment. I went out to my car in the back parking area and grabbed my battery and then walked it to his van out front, and helped him install it.

He got in the van and it fired right up, He seemed to be quite relieved and gave me a heart felt thank you and we talked about his new job and other stuff. He offered to buy me some beer but i said no thanks, just glad to help out. He kinda had a bit of a glow at this point and we chatted for another ten minutes before i went back to cleaning. Its nice to see people glow like that once in awhile when you help them out of a tight spot, the feeling i got is more rewarding then a drink ;)

jeffh 10-15-2012 09:15 PM

I was sitting on my patio which is right above the entrance to my building a month or so ago pretty late on a Sunday smoking a cigar and having a scotch. halfway through my cigar a couple rolls up in the parking lot who i see pretty often, the husband and myself leave for work at pretty much the time every day and he parks beside me.

that night they are just getting back from fishing, and i guess it was so late they werent able to drop off there belly boats on the way home like the normally do. the boats are kinda awkward to carry and it looks like they are having some trouble getting them out of the back of their truck. so i go downstairs to give them a hand carrying the boats up to their appt, no big deal

then after we get the second boat in to the building the wifes key gets stuck in the outside lock for the building, its really not their night i guess

so i go back to my place, grab some pliers come back down, and yank the key out for them.

2 days later the wife drops by with 2 fillets of rainbow trout all cleaned up and ready for the grill :fullofwin:

jeffh 10-15-2012 09:24 PM

was reading back a few pages and someone mentioned paying for someone elses parking meter

reminded me i was up at UBC-O last week and i rolled up in my shitbag civic next to a brandy new 2012 civic with a pretty cute 20 something chick jsut getting out of her car, i always have coffee change in my door handle and i saw she was having a hard time finding any in her purse, so i dropped 50 cents in her meter after i did mine, im not even sure if she saw or not lol

kunoman1 10-15-2012 11:55 PM

So a while back I dropped by UBC on a friday night to visit my friend livin in res. Anyway in his room is his girlfriend, whos extremely drunk and her friend, whos also extremely drunk neither whom ive ever met. So we all meet and she later invites me to her room. I help her to her room and give her my jacket cause it was freaken freezing. We talked about her family, her home where shes from and ended up falling asleep on my shoulder. Felt nice taking care of a drunk stranger

Oh and somehow she managed to program her number into my phone

Prolowtone 10-16-2012 12:15 AM

Who fell asleep on your shoulder? the girlfriend or the friend? i am assuming her friend

kunoman1 10-16-2012 12:21 AM

Sorry yea the friend, it was her room

God I'm a awful storyteller
Posted via RS Mobile

vafanculo 10-16-2012 02:41 AM

I'm in the Philippines right now, and was visiting my wife's family. On this occasion, I was at the poorer side of her family.

We bought a pack of 12 chocolate thingies, and distributed them to all the kids. I accidentally gave 3 to one boy, but didn't have the guts to take 2 back. When all was said and done, there was one girl who never got one. The family tried to get him to give her one, but he refused.

She was really young, and it probably wouldn't have bothered her, but I went back to the store and bought her one anyways.

I'm also leaving behind a frisbee that the kids enjoyed playing with, and before I leave I'm gonna buy a shitload of goodies to share. I guess it's not really a random act of kindness, but it did feel good nonetheless.

fliptuner 10-16-2012 10:02 AM

Dammit, I was waiting to read the part where a kid breaks his in half to share and the other kid gets a whoopin.

PJ 10-19-2012 09:26 AM

Saw a parked car with some screws on the ground near one of the tires. I picked the screws up and disposed them.
Hopefully he didn't already screw up his tires while parking. Pun intended.