REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Random Acts of Kindness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/592279-random-acts-kindness.html)

itsnick 10-24-2012 06:58 PM

A while ago...

After drinking a bit downtown, I saw a bum scouring the floors for cigarette butts... so I lit a new one up and gave it to him.
People gave me weird stares.

EDIT:
Also gave a bum the remainder of my smoke when they were doing the same thing. (was another day)

smoothie. 10-26-2012 07:21 AM

Helped an old guy get into a chair at mcd

He tells my gf to never let me go.

:victory:
Posted via RS Mobile

EvoFire 11-01-2012 12:15 AM

Went to the new Deer Garden on Fraser today for dinner. I noticed when I was parking that there new SWP STi sedan parked behind me had left his trunk open. When I walked by I slammed it shut for him in case some random lowlife decides to steal whatever he has inside. Girlfriend thought I was being weird, I just wanted to look out for others.

The license plate was ### RWG, don't worry bro, got ur back.

vafanculo 11-01-2012 12:35 AM

Haha, dude. I agree with your gf. I'm sure it was alright, but, what if for the slightest reasons he wanted it kept open?

Not to mention in vancouver I can see the headlines 'good samiritan beat up' for touching someones car.

But, your intentions were good.
Posted via RS Mobile

Gumby 11-01-2012 08:35 AM

^
In such cases, I was always scared of setting the car alarm off. :)

MG1 11-01-2012 09:35 AM

^ or opening it up and finding a dead body in there.

aikenluu918 11-03-2012 12:11 AM

some guy dropped his wallet on the bus, I ran off to give it to him... Bus left without me...
Oh well 10 minutes out of my day is better than hours spent replacing a lost wallet
Posted via RS Mobile

Obsideon 11-03-2012 12:31 AM

Saw a white BMW 5 series with her trunk wide open, turn right from W. 8th onto Cambie and go on the bridge. The whole time there was a yellow Taxi Van behind her. Then cab changes lanes and I thought he was gonna wave her down or something, nothing, he just floors it and blows by her down Cambie Bridge to downtown.

I sped up then lined up beside her, had to honk twice before she turned to look at me. I pointed at her trunk and she thanked me then put on the hazards, slowed down and turned off the bridge onto Pacific.

Unrelated note: I fucking HATE Taxi Vans ... those Vans in particular seem the most asshole'ish out of all of them.
- Recently had one try to "race" me down W. Georgia onto Georgia Viaduct ... he was literally revving his engine at the red light ... da fuck?...
- another time, Taxi Van brake checked me after I horned him for cutting me off!...
- another time, in some alley downtown; I have to go over speedbumps slanted (lowered cars know what I'm talking about), I wasn't even that slow and another Taxi Van rage horns me for like 5 seconds then fingers me...... like wow chill out ....
- taxi van parks ILLEGALLY, blocks my way out and wouldn't move for a good minute or two doing NOTHING, I horned twice and he ignores me ... ended up scratching my front lip driving up the side towards the sidewalk to get out of the parking lot ...

Such attitude problems ... and not helping this poor lady who I could see had a bunch of bags in the trunk is another knock on those fucks ... the taxi driver could have told her when they were stopped together at the red light on W. 8th rather then let her get on the bridge like that ... it could have been dangerous as well if some of those bags jumped out and hit another car since everyone is going 80km/h+ on the bridge.

Ikkaku 11-03-2012 12:37 AM

2 weeks ago I was at McDonalds on Main and Terminal, there was one homeless man wanting to get a coffee refill. The store manager asked whether or not the person had left the restaurant, and the guy reluctantly replied he walked outside. The manager was persistent on denying the refill (store policy I guess), and a woman waiting in line signals that she will cover the costs of the coffee.

It was very nice of her!

Soundy 11-03-2012 06:51 AM

This one's been circling Facepants for a few days...

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...62138958_n.jpg

murd0c 11-03-2012 11:24 AM

was at a restaurant the other week and noticed a older women had issues getting out of the booth so I got up and helped her. The appreciation on her face was great and makes it all worth while

rk604 11-03-2012 11:28 PM

Was in Surrey a few months ago, had to drive the gf to pharmacy to get some pain killers after her wisdoms got taken out. Saw a homeless guy in the corner near the entrance with blankets and water. Went inside and bought him a loaf of bread and some apples, but when I gave it to him, he had a pack of smokes...then i thought to myself..."aren't pack of smokes at least 10bucks?!". Anyways...he was quite grateful...good thing I didn't give him money though

HondaGuy 11-03-2012 11:34 PM

Glad to read some kindness stores offered by fellow RS members...

Anyone ever experienced when you do something kind for a complete stranger and then other ppl around stare and give this awkward look like "huh, what are you doing?"

Sometimes it feels like the world is losing more and more good ppl...

dlo 11-04-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk604 (Post 8072751)
Was in Surrey a few months ago, had to drive the gf to pharmacy to get some pain killers after her wisdoms got taken out. Saw a homeless guy in the corner near the entrance with blankets and water. Went inside and bought him a loaf of bread and some apples, but when I gave it to him, he had a pack of smokes...then i thought to myself..."aren't pack of smokes at least 10bucks?!". Anyways...he was quite grateful...good thing I didn't give him money though

in reference to what you said, some people tend to mistake their needs and wants.. such as the homeless guy with his smokes.. dam smokes and their in-elasticity.. sorry studying econ atm LOL

J.C 11-04-2012 05:13 PM

^ haha just had my test on elasticity

snails 11-04-2012 05:18 PM

was driving home today and i noticed someones window to their car open in the their driveway down the street from me. so i stopped, ran up to the door in the pouring rain and let the homeowner know, the guy was really happy as he wasn't planning on going out to his car till morning! always nice to help out

:fullofwin:

geelaw 11-05-2012 10:36 PM

Reading all these is great, many great people out there . This reminds me one of the random kindness things I've done is.... Drive thru difference.

Jayesslee fan here, saw this video and It was early morning when I did this, I'd thought it'd be a good idea just in case someone has a rough morning.

j.f0ng 11-05-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geelaw (Post 8074412)
Reading all these is great, many great people out there . This reminds me one of the random kindness things I've done is.... Drive thru difference.

Drive Thru Difference - YouTube

Jayesslee fan here, saw this video and It was early morning when I did this, I'd thought it'd be a good idea just in case someone has a rough morning.

Their accents :megusta:

PJ 11-06-2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aikenluu918 (Post 8072018)
some guy dropped his wallet on the bus, I ran off to give it to him... Bus left without me...
Oh well 10 minutes out of my day is better than hours spent replacing a lost wallet
Posted via RS Mobile

I did this with someone's cellphone once back in my public transit days.
Feltgoodman

Energy 11-06-2012 07:27 AM

I left my garage door open yesterday and my neighbour was nice enough to text me and say he closed it for me.
Posted via RS Mobile

TOS'd 11-06-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJ (Post 8074557)
I did this with someone's cellphone once back in my public transit days.
Feltgoodman

Did something similar at school once. Was sitting near the door writing a midterm and some guy was heading outside of the building and like 5 cards fell out of his wallet as he was putting it in his back pocket. Door closed and he continued walking, I ran out of the class during the exam to pick it up for him lol. Prof looked out the door and was like wtf, but saw me hand the guy his cards. I just smiled at the prof and he didnt say anything, then went back to my exam, lol.

Soundy 11-06-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 8074715)
Did something similar at school once. Was sitting near the door writing a midterm and some guy was heading outside of the building and like 5 cards fell out of his wallet as he was putting it in his back pocket. Door closed and he continued walking, I ran out of the class during the exam to pick it up for him lol. Prof looked out the door and was like wtf, but saw me hand the guy his cards. I just smiled at the prof and he didnt say anything, then went back to my exam, lol.

The good news is, it was a Humanities class, the whole thing was staged, and you're the only one that passed :troll:

racerman88 11-06-2012 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When I was working yesterday, I was driving south on Argyle street and about to turn right onto 57th when I noticed that the cars from 57 east were not moving even though they had the green light. I was stopped at my red and when I looked, I saw a dog walking up Argyle on the road. I put my car in park and called the dog over and he came right up to me. He was a very friendly dog. I put him in the car and pulled my car over on 57th. After waiting about 15mins to see if the Dog's owner was going to show up, I called animal control and they had an officer come to meet me and pick up the dog. Dog had no collar so I assume he must have got out of the house. He just kept jumping onto my lap wanting attention.

CRS 11-07-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerman88 (Post 8075087)
When I was working yesterday, I was driving south on Argyle street and about to turn right onto 57th when I noticed that the cars from 57 east were not moving even though they had the green light. I was stopped at my red and when I looked, I saw a dog walking up Argyle on the road. I put my car in park and called the dog over and he came right up to me. He was a very friendly dog. I put him in the car and pulled my car over on 57th. After waiting about 15mins to see if the Dog's owner was going to show up, I called animal control called and they had an officer come to meet me and pick up the dog. Dog had no collar so I assume he must have got out of the house. He just kept jumping onto my lap wanting attention.

Nice!

May want to post here too!

http://www.revscene.net/forums/66120...e-read-11.html

racerman88 11-08-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 8075533)

I thought about that, but animal control took over. She said that she thinks she remembers the dog from being picked up in the past wandering the streets as well.