REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Random Acts of Kindness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/592279-random-acts-kindness.html)

smoothie. 07-07-2015 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] (Post 8655512)
Not so much a random act of kindness, just a story to make you smile.

I was heading home from the dog park with my pup. We passed by the cutest kids selling lemonade on the corner old school style. Cardboard sign, adorable backward letters and a big jug of lemonade. They were asking $0.50 a cup, I handed them a $5 bill and told them to keep up the good work. As I'm walking back to my truck I hear "MOM! THIS NICE MAN GAVE US A 5 DOLLAR BILL!!!"

That made my day, I haven't seen kids selling lemonade in the neighbourhood for at least 10+ years now.

If you're in the area or passing through, they are on 5th and Slocan in East Vancouver.

rs meet.

ae101 08-01-2015 11:55 PM

this happened just now:

i bought mcdonald's take out, walk to bus station & i need to use the washroom

wash my hands forgot my take and by the time i realize it, i already see a dirty homeless man eating my big mac meal

that was actually money well spent

punkwax 08-09-2015 12:50 PM

Bought a buddy a couple McDoubles today as he's helping me wire up the wife's van for a trailer. He had already eaten so I found a homeless woman in Langley to feed. Hope she appreciates the "Like a Mac" version as much as I do!

gurdeep007 08-11-2015 10:21 AM

I just found $60 at work on the floor, turned it into security.

I hope the person who lost it finds it, I hope someone would do the same for me if I ever lost some money.

roopi 08-12-2015 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurdeep007 (Post 8669698)

I hope the person who lost it finds it, I hope someone would do the same for me if I ever lost some money.

Security guard is now $60.00 richer.

MG1 08-12-2015 11:56 AM

Not all security guards are bad. I know some and.......... Nvm, I see your point.

boostedcivic 08-12-2015 11:56 AM

Bought a homeless guy couple hot dogs and a bottle of water a couple weeks ago. Gave them to him and asks me to go buy him a slurpee, not even a thank you. Some fuckin people.

smoothie. 08-12-2015 11:57 AM

there's a reason why they're homeless.

gurdeep007 08-12-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roopi (Post 8670028)
Security guard is now $60.00 richer.

This crossed my mind when turing it in, I filled out a form etc etc, if no one claims the money, then it is donated to charity.

I agree not all security guards are bad, but many are - we have had the same few here for the a very long time.

ae101 08-12-2015 07:20 PM

^
i once found $500 RMB on the floor at a wine show here in china, chances of me finding owner was slim as this is china & i was at a public event

also dont really trust security guards here, ended up donating the money to charity after hearing a sad story on the local news

jeedee 08-12-2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurdeep007 (Post 8670037)
This crossed my mind when turing it in, I filled out a form etc etc, if no one claims the money, then it is donated to charity.

I agree not all security guards are bad, but many are - we have had the same few here for the a very long time.

it's great that you turned it in but i doubt that money will be going back to its rightful owner

you shouldve just donated it to a charity of your choice imo

DC5-S 08-12-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurdeep007 (Post 8669698)

FailFish

Obsideon 08-13-2015 10:06 PM

Good intentions, but if it's just a few cash bills, 10/10 times the security is gonna keep it.

fliptuner 08-15-2015 08:24 AM

Non-local RAOK I read about that I thought was worth a share.

New Jersey waitress who bought meal for firefighters as thank you for their service is rewarded when they help raise $30,000 for her father's wheelchair van

Read more: New Jersey waitress who paid for firefighters' meal rewarded when they raise money for dad's wheelchair van | Daily Mail Online

Galactic_Phantom 08-16-2015 09:57 AM

Some homeless bitch or junkie or whatever asked me to buy her a xlarge triple triple and apple fritter from tim hos. Meh..whatever it wasnt like she wanted change for crack or meth

!e.lo_ 08-16-2015 08:01 PM

friend was driving me home and we passed by a few girls who were trying to push their Camry. (which was in park BTW)
we pulled over and offered to help. I had tools with me as we were working on his car before.
So yea, pulled out some tools and gloves, and went to work. The battery was terribly aged and corroded on the terminals. Cleaned them up, bolted it back up and car started. Asked them to drive home and get a new batt.

No, did not get numbers. No, did not want any. Surrey LGs and I just didn't want them to get kidnapped.

inv4zn 12-01-2015 08:40 AM

A quick kindness/common courtesy story from a few days ago:

I was filling up at a station, eyefucking a new mercedes S class - driven by an older gentlemen, he filled up and slowly started driving to the touchless carwash bay at the gas station. I started to look away but something caught the corner of my eye as he was punching in the code - his sunroof was cracked open!

I bolted across the gas station yelling at him, and at first he looked at me like i was insane lol - then i told him his sunroof was open and he had the biggest look of surprise. Thanked me profusely.

Just a funny story of something that could have gone very poorly for someone...lol.

'Tis the season again! Be nice everyone :)

smoothie. 12-01-2015 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !e.lo_ (Post 8671412)
friend was driving me home and we passed by a few girls who were trying to push their Camry. (which was in park BTW)
we pulled over and offered to help. I had tools with me as we were working on his car before.
So yea, pulled out some tools and gloves, and went to work. The battery was terribly aged and corroded on the terminals. Cleaned them up, bolted it back up and car started. Asked them to drive home and get a new batt.

No, did not get numbers. No, did not want any. Surrey LGs and I just didn't want them to get kidnapped.

:lawl::lawl::heckno::heckno:

Skittlez160 12-01-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !e.lo_ (Post 8671412)

Why the fuck you lyyyyin', why you always lyyyyin'...... :P

Splmash 12-01-2015 10:00 AM

If you have extra coats sweaters or jackets, donate them to a local collecting center/bin

Donation Bins - Vancouver Big Brothers for example

if you're fucking cold lately, imagine what it's like for people who arent as well prepared

MG1 12-01-2015 03:55 PM

Must load up with change for Sally Ann

I also make it a point to stop and donate to Firefighter's boot drive. I'll go out of my way to do it and always thank them for a good job.

hud 91gt 12-01-2015 04:38 PM

A few buddies and I changed some chicks tire in the rain the other day when she had a flat. Like a bloody pit crew. I even timed it. ha

Soundy 12-01-2015 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hud 91gt (Post 8703876)
A few buddies and I changed some chicks tire in the rain the other day when she had a flat. Like a bloody pit crew. I even timed it. ha

Splash'n'dash? :ifyouknow:

racerman88 12-02-2015 08:23 PM

Random Acts of Kindness

A Good Samaritan and myself rescued an injured blue heron with a broken wing and brought him down to the animal hospital on W4th. While we were getting a blanket and box to corral him into, there were at least a half dozen crows circling above waiting to attack him.
Unfortunately, when I called to do a follow up later that night, they said the the blue herons wing was too badly broken and that they had to euthanize him.

underscore 12-03-2015 09:23 AM

^ better than being picked apart by those crows though!