REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Atomic Bomb - How to defuse?

Found this on the interwebz via digg.com
I don't know, useful DIY information i guess?

Start by disconnecting the wires that connect the detonator to the battery or trigger/timer. You can distinguish the timer because it will be counting down. A battery will look just like a battery, no highly evolved science involved. Be careful when doing this step. If the bomb is booby-trapped, it's likely that the trap involves one of the materials discussed in this step. This is why it is almost always safer to involve the authorities if there is enough time.

Step 2

Remove the neutron trigger of the bomb. This will either be a small ball or disc made of some highly radioactive material. This is the part that initiates the explosion. It would be a good idea to have on a Hazmat suit or gloves if you have any. Sit the neutron trigger aside. The bomb still has the capability to detonate, but it will not be as bad as it would have.

Step 3

Remove the conventional explosion from the bomb. This is the first part of the bomb that explodes if the bomb detonates. If the conventional explosion was created by the government, it is probably safe to handle. If the devise was improvised, however, it could be highly unstable. Move steady and slow.

Step 4

Separate the two small chunks of metal (they will be heavy for their size). These are called U-235 masses, AKA an isotope of uranium. If you allow these two chunks of metal to get too close to each other, they will emit high amounts of radiation and may kill anything (including you) in the vicinity. If these chunks are kept apart, they are fairly harmless. They can even be held without gloves, but once again, if you have gloves, wearing them wouldn't hurt.

Step 5

Place the chunks into separate metal boxes if you have any. If not, get the pieces as far from each other as possible. If you haven't already called the authorities, do so immediately and let them know the situation.

Tips & Warnings

*Call the authorities as soon as possible.
*Be extremely careful. You cannot try again if you make a mistake.
*If there is enough time for authorities to arrive and defuse the bomb, your best bet may be to make the 911 call on your way out of the building, and consequently, the city.
*These steps should only be undertaken if there is absolutely no time for proper authorities to arrive. If there is enough time for authorities to arrive and defuse the bomb, you may be risking lives by attempting to defuse it yourself.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2312258_defuse-atomic-bomb.html
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2009, 02:05 AM   #2
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
lol this shit is pretty useful!
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:20 AM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:27 AM   #4
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:44 AM   #5
I bringith the lowerballerith

yeah cuzsome old russians left a nuclear warhead in our backyard from the coldwar and its been sitting in our garage for 40 sum years and it still has the detanator attached to it...

so i found this thread pretty usefull today..... in fact it may have well saved alot of lives and trouble...thank you ...
Old 10-19-2009, 05:35 AM   #6
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,692 Posts
the instruction needs some pictures to go along with it.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,403 Times in 553 Posts
Pics or ban.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #8
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
yeah cuzsome old russians left a nuclear warhead in our backyard from the coldwar and its been sitting in our garage for 40 sum years and it still has the detanator attached to it...

so i found this thread pretty usefull today..... in fact it may have well saved alot of lives and trouble...thank you ...

Part out Neutron Trigger?
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:57 AM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Preparing everyone for olympics cause u never know if osama is going to pay us a visit!!!
Posted via RS Mobile
TRD Rs200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #10
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

fuckn noobs diffuser kit is so cheap!
terrorist win!
you! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #11
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Fun with radiation! wooooooooooooooooooooooo!
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote