REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 11-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #26
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asahai69 View Post
lol. ive been smokin weed for ages. and i have never touched an illicit drug outside it in my life. nor have i ever had the urge to.
i wouldnt call weed a 'gateway' drug just because i hate that term. it doesnt force you to do any other drugs, but it opens your mind to other drugs. i'd be willing to bet that the % of people who started doing harder drugs after smoking weed is much higher than the % of people who did hard drugs first.
at the end of the day, if you end up doing hard drugs, you have nobody but yourself to blame, not weed, not your friends. its a personal decision!
Advertisement
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #27
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
i dont see why anyone would want it legalized.
you can freely smoke almost anywhere in vancouver without getting hassled.
its basically legal right now as it is.
im not so sure about that one. you cant smoke it anywhere, and if a police officer finds you with any amount of marijuana, it is in their discretion if you get charged or not. so no, its basically not legal right now. but that doesnt stop people from smoking it. its also up to the cop, whether he try and be an ass and bust a kid with a dutch, or just tell them to stamp it out and go home. if your 19+, you can be charged.
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing.
omega_cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
Fail tag! not sure why i got a fail up there but yes i did take info from this documentary . (just the interesting stuff , cause we all know if you just leave a link like that about weed.. which is what.. more then an hour long.. the majority of us aint gonna watch it!)
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
i dont see why anyone would want it legalized.
you can freely smoke almost anywhere in vancouver without getting hassled.
its basically legal right now as it is.
not really, police can hassle you, take your shit, even send you to trial

distribution is illegal, if they catch u with a few ounces, you're gonna get into troubles, it really depends on the pig

if it's legalized, there wont be any gangwars, well less at least, plus less likely to get pinched because so much competition thus raising the quality of grass all over the city =D which is good for everyone
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #30
SFICC-03*

/shrugs
ive been busted plenty of times. oen time by 8 cops at once! because they were looking for a break-in at a school and i was blazing in the courtyard. i had 3/4oz on me, all they did was take it. they even gave me back my pipe.

if you're holding a few ounces of weed even once its legalized, you'll still get busted just the same. once its legal that wont mean its legal to grow or distribute. if you have several O's then you're obviously distributing. that wont change at all.

Last edited by unit; 11-05-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
^ i got my fucking grinder taken away like a month ago. i had about a years worth of kief at the bottom. was planning on smokin that this winter on the annual whistler trip. FML
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #32
SFICC-03*

a years worth? holy shit how big was your grinder? its ok, kief is overrated.
however losing any paraphernalia sucks!

when the cops took my weed that time, they gave me back my pipe which had a fat nugget packed inside already! i guess they didnt notice. i smoked it within probably 20 mins of them leaving.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #33
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
cool! that would actually put an end to one of the questions. i read that it was the opposite that hydro power is one of the natural resources we export.
From what I know, BC imports more power than it exports if based entirely on kw/hrs. However, they're smart about how it's done so on a dollar amount, the amount of money coming in is greater than the amount of money going out.
misteranswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #34

Quote:
a years worth? holy shit how big was your grinder? its ok, kief is overrated.
however losing any paraphernalia sucks!

when the cops took my weed that time, they gave me back my pipe which had a fat nugget packed inside already! i guess they didnt notice. i smoked it within probably 20 mins of them leaving.
sharp stone. 3.5" one. sad to see it go.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #35
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asahai69 View Post
^ i got my fucking grinder taken away like a month ago. i had about a years worth of kief at the bottom. was planning on smokin that this winter on the annual whistler trip. FML
this is probably the saddest thing i have heard all week
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #36

^ ya man. i was choked. i had to heavily self medicate myself after that one.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #37
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Fukin pigs hate wen gear gets confiscated those fukin cops probably use it to grind up dere bud aswell LOL
Rx harnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #38
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
yeah clearly, just like when they give tickets because they're jealous of your car, right?

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #39

fosho
Old 11-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #40
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
i wouldnt call weed a 'gateway' drug just because i hate that term. it doesnt force you to do any other drugs, but it opens your mind to other drugs. i'd be willing to bet that the % of people who started doing harder drugs after smoking weed is much higher than the % of people who did hard drugs first.
at the end of the day, if you end up doing hard drugs, you have nobody but yourself to blame, not weed, not your friends. its a personal decision!

you know why weed is being blame as a gateway drug? because it is illegal and for many ignorant ppl it is place int he same category as hard drugs.

I've been brought up all my life with the ALL drug is bad for you mentality (my mom was a ex commie cop).

Once I try weed which is inevitable i guess where I'm live, its like my eyes are opened. Weed is not the devil the adults wants you to believe. Sadly this lead to me trying out other things like E and coke in my youth thinking if I've been lie to about weed, all the other drugs must be lies too.

If weed is legalize, control and the public properly educate, it will be no more of a gateway drug than cigarette and alcohol.

and LOL at ppl thinking dealer lace joints with coke or harder shit. Dealers are not dumb, lacing weed is financially retarded. If you brought a joint that you think its lace, its probably been spray with perfume or dunk in piss. Serve you right for buying joints instead of buds. either that or you have been smoking bunk weed for so long, you smoke some real weed got fuck up and blame the joint for being laced.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #41

^ so then isn't that exactly what a gateway drug is? you tried weed, which led you to try other things....

and fyi, it wasn't a dealer he got it from, just some guy. yes dealers have mixed shit with other shit to get people hooked on the harder shit. good job bashing one of the pros I pointed out for something your dumb ass wants legalized.

you try to help people out...
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #42
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
you know why weed is being blame as a gateway drug? because it is illegal and for many ignorant ppl it is place int he same category as hard drugs.

I've been brought up all my life with the ALL drug is bad for you mentality (my mom was a ex commie cop).

Once I try weed which is inevitable i guess where I'm live, its like my eyes are opened. Weed is not the devil the adults wants you to believe. Sadly this lead to me trying out other things like E and coke in my youth thinking if I've been lie to about weed, all the other drugs must be lies too.

If weed is legalize, control and the public properly educate, it will be no more of a gateway drug than cigarette and alcohol.

and LOL at ppl thinking dealer lace joints with coke or harder shit. Dealers are not dumb, lacing weed is financially retarded. If you brought a joint that you think its lace, its probably been spray with perfume or dunk in piss. Serve you right for buying joints instead of buds. either that or you have been smoking bunk weed for so long, you smoke some real weed got fuck up and blame the joint for being laced.
i dont like your grammar, but i agree with your thoughts.
Signifying nothing.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #43
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
^ so then isn't that exactly what a gateway drug is? you tried weed, which led you to try other things....

and fyi, it wasn't a dealer he got it from, just some guy. yes dealers have mixed shit with other shit to get people hooked on the harder shit. good job bashing one of the pros I pointed out for something your dumb ass wants legalized.

a dealer: someone who sells weed.

some guy selling weed to your friend: a dealer.

i see no difference. you just bought weed from some guy (a dealer).
Signifying nothing.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #44
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post

Yes I try weed and I went on the harder thing but consider that I was given false information and that because weed is illegal me smoking it would lead me to hang out with the "wrong crowd" so the speak. This is the consequence of its illegality. Not weed itself.

Laced weed myth have been around for a long time, everytime this come up somebody is going to come have a "my buddy brought laced weed from so and so and got fucked up"

I bet none of them are hooked to watever "substance" the dealer lace the weed with.

TBH I have try weed lace with coke once, I didn't get trick into it but it was still the dumbest idea ever. waste of money and high. I cant imagine how much coke a dealer have to waste in attempt to try to get their customer hook. He would not make any money back on the weed or the coke.

Those, if any that get hook will go to a real coke dealer to get their fix and not deal with a pussy that can't be straight up with wat they sell

The rest of the people who just want to smoke some weed will now boycott this dealer and tell rest of their frds.

lacing ciggarette and weed might work if your a pimp and your doing it to your hoes. That shit don't work for regular people, especially those in vancouver with at least 2-3 dealer/stoners on their phonebook.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega_cc View Post
a dealer: someone who sells weed.

some guy selling weed to your friend: a dealer.

i see no difference. you just bought weed from some guy (a dealer).
the guy wasn't a regular dealer, just some guy he asked "hey you have any weed by chance?" and the guy happened to have a few joints on him.

Don't get mad at me, I'm just relaying the story. He's done quite a variety of drugs in his time but not coke or meth, so he knew it wasn't just weird weed or something. So stop getting all pissy because you don't think my story is true. And like I said this wasn't Vancouver, this was Ontario. Not everyone lives in Vanshitty you know.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-06-2009, 06:43 AM   #46
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
lol reading all your comments make me lol'd at this time

someone should seriously take the time and watch this video documentary its made in homegrown BCBUD CANADANK

oh i forgot to mention , if i wake up in time im suppose to be heading to my docs to fax my medicinal forms in but then with all these people with the swine and shit i dont know if i wanna go to my doctors LOL if shit dosent go through im sticking with quitting .. although i quite fit the criteria

Last edited by Vansterdam; 11-06-2009 at 06:48 AM. Reason: fixed
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:35 AM   #47

i watched like 30 min of it it was pretty kool how some dudes made a grow op in the train carts and shit but it was pretty dope
Old 11-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #48
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
cool! that would actually put an end to one of the questions. i read that it was the opposite that hydro power is one of the natural resources we export.
To clear this up:

BC is a net importer ONLY because we shut our dam capacity down at night, to import power from U.S. plants that must run 24/7 (IE gas/coal/nuclear plants) and have to offload it for dirt cheap (because of low demand at night).

We have far more than enough power to run our province when our plants are running at full tilt.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote