REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #26
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
yes, very proud. anyone and everyone knows, to get in a dealership, u gotta start somewhere. Going from a completely different career, i am proud to be a parts advisor to start at. I'm lucky i dont have to start from washing cars =)

Im fortunate enough that i dont have to slave at a job i dont like, and now i have the chance to work for a great company and at something i love. It may be a hard concept to understand, especially for some folk.

And hey, i actually enjoy washing cars... Anyone that knows me, knows i clean my car way too often already. =)

And im 31 this year, going into my umm 4th complete career change. Gotta do it while im still young. =)

Don't judge a person by their job. They may not be in a better job position as you, but may probably be 10 fold richer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfortoday View Post
lol parts "adviser" How old are you? Proud enough to post about it?!
Embarrassing! Maybe one day they will let you even wash a REAL BMW! :O
Advertisement

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #27
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
awesome man! congrats.
now we should talk about that $50 oem coolant... lol
Old 11-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #28
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfortoday View Post
lol parts "adviser" How old are you? Proud enough to post about it?!
Embarrassing! Maybe one day they will let you even wash a REAL BMW! :O
If you acutally know anything about the industry a good parts guy for the techs can be really good to your buisness.
1995 Nissan 240sx SOLD
2009 Saturn Astra
some_punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #29
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
awesome man, back to doing what you love and bmw! Maybe should of went to lexus
Posted via RS Mobile
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:52 PM   #30
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

yah, thought about lexus, but lexus give no love. plus they dont even give the time of day.

honestly, im very happy they giving me a chance. if anyone knows how the dealerships are, they are always looking for experienced ppl. thus if u want in, u start at the very very bottom. i was given the chance to start off in parts. my credentials arent the best, but they are willing to give me a try.

and again, its back into something i love, cars!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:12 PM   #31
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts
Best of luck my man.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a3fc/event.png
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #32
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Congrats. When are you starting? Maybe I'll see you at work tomorrow. Cheers.
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:14 PM   #33
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I foresee bcrdukes paying you a visit in the future, repeatedly and indefinitely.
Fucker!

So...umm...how much for a steering rack?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #34
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

I actually start tuesday! I'll be the new guy for a while, thinking if i should just get a huge name tag, "the new guy" hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan3 View Post
Congrats. When are you starting? Maybe I'll see you at work tomorrow. Cheers.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 11-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #35
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

too bad Michael Ho doesn't work there anymore, or else, you can have a cool buddy to hang out with ! Seriously, hook me up with some 10W60 oil and e46 hard top
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #36
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Congrats SG. I dont need any parts, just a hookup for a BMW hat and jacket... and maybe a BMW badge that'll fit over an H badge
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #37
Banned (BBM)

COOL
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #38
Rotary dori dori MOD

best of luck to u dude. I know who to refer people who want bmw parts from now.

Congrats on the job =D.

!Shuya80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #39
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
fuck thats sick
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #40
Hopeless Romantic

Wow congratulations man, mind if I ask what your previous career's were as this is your 4th change? I'm having a hard time trying to decide what I want to go into... haha

2002 Acura RSX (Sold)
1993 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo I (Sold)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (Daily Driven)
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #41
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

good luck @ BJBMW!
JulyZerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #42
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Maybe you'll meet danizer's brother!
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:17 PM   #43
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewlett-Packard View Post
good luck @ BJBMW!
mmmm getting blowjobs in a bmw...

congrats sg!
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #44
SardaukarMod

congrats !SG. always nice to see someone finding the path of their future...
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:17 AM   #45
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Congrats and well deserved

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:15 AM   #46
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
congratss!
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:38 AM   #47
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

lets see,

my first career choice was to be an architect. i did everything from being CAD certified before i graduated highschool, to taking on a summer job interning at an architectual firm. sure i was pretty much just a "go-for" but like with every career, u have to start somewhere. Every so often, one of the architects would let me finish duplicating parts of some of the drawings back on paper before putting a copy on the computer. i even did 2 work experiences co/op based on engineering/drafting design at ulstein maritime and burnaby parks n rec, w/ the outcome being the designer of the south court yard @ burnaby north secondary.

2nd career, family business, i still help out, but i have no intent on taking it over.

3rd career, computer related. switched majors in uni, eventually graduated in business financing. however right out of uni, u take whatever job u can, and working for a few companys data processing (again with getting into a company or a new career path means starting at the bottom)

4th career, furthering progressing in financials, dabbling in online day trading, decided to take the CSC (canadian securities cert). Though the money is out there for the grabbing. its also not something i decided to pursue.

This isnt including all the little jobs i did here and there, working retailing, grocery boy, warehouse, and even starting companies that ultimately did not work and fail (FlyersBC Media inc). ALL JOBS IN YOUR LIFETIME BRING EXPERIENCE, ON AND OFF PAPER

Its when i was asked to take over a position at Advance was when i realized, i actually like this! And thus after a year off, i really wanted to get back into the automotive industry.

So my suggestion, if u really have no idea what to choose as ur path, dont get discouraged, most ppl, and this is true, not just BS out of me, but most ppl go thru at least 7 career changes in their life time. I think they count little jobs here and there as a career too, but it just means it takes a lot of time for some ppl to find what they are good at & what they like doing.

If you want a more finite answer for yourself, i suggest seeing a career councillor. they actually went to school to learn how to help ppl decide what to go to school for! They will help find what ur good at, where your skills lay, where they can be applied, and even probably figure out if u will be happy doing that job. haha, im just happy i discovered all this before i retire at 65 hahahaha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagel.tech View Post
Wow congratulations man, mind if I ask what your previous career's were as this is your 4th change? I'm having a hard time trying to decide what I want to go into... haha

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 11-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #48
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

yeah yeah, i know some of you are like "wtf, its just a parts advisor job" and most are thinking, "so u will be stock boy huh"...

I got into a dealership with ZERO dealership experience. Most ppl that apply start at the very bottom, washing cars, valet, "go fors". Im thankful they recognized my ability and even more thankful for the oppurtunity. Those that do work at a dealership know exactly how hard it is. Its within line with some of the trade work out there, and if any of you work in the trade industry, u know you have to start at the bottom, apprentice, and eventually after some years, be accepted as full feldge. I never look down upon someones job. im sure there are more aspects to the job, i know for sure i will have to brush up on my reynolds system use.

and besides, again, i get to play around with cars =P BEAMERS, whats so bad with that????

Come on by in the future, those that knew me when i was at Advance, know i always welcome a visit.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 11-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #49
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

oh... no wonder i saw you walking around in there... i was there and getting my brake fix.. for te 3rd time....congarts
6041zzfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #50
Rider

Congrats, I just created your door pass. See you Tuesday.

Last edited by dink; 11-21-2009 at 11:46 AM.
dink is offline   Reply With Quote