REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #51
Jet
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 623
Thanked 56 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
He's not accusing anyone of anything. He just wants drug testing. By not agreeing to it, Pacman is basically admitting that he is a cheater. Don't blame Mayweather for that!
Come on, its a little more clearer than how you say it ... Mayweather IS accusing him of using drugs by saying how the Philippines has the best performance enhancing drugs, Sr talks about how its not humanly possible for anyone to go up the classes like that without using them and even Golden Boy himself says how when Pac hit him, it feels EXACTLY like how a boxer who juices punches ... I don't think it gets any more specific to who he's accusing than that ...

Pac didn't not agree to testing, he didn't agree to the crazy random testing that 1 agency does, it does make him look a bit shady for not agreeing right away but he did agree to testing, like I said before, 14 days is good enough and I don't know why they didn't agree on 14 days (read that it might have been tabled after the mediation so it was never offered till after) and what I don't get is why Mayweather does not agree to right after the fight which is essentially the same as what he is demanding which is the day off the fight (of course the request is masked thru the word RANDOM but there are reports that USADA and GBP have an "understanding" so you know its going to be taken during fight night) ...

I'm not even going to get into the war Mayweather has with Arum with their history and also Golden Boy and his history with Pac ... way too much BS in everything ... and if you include their histories and tendencies during negotiations and fights, you come out of this as Mayweather ducked another fighter and Pac, well, he's just dumb for falling into all this and i guess for some people a bit shady now (thank baseball for making athletes guilty before any proof can be shown) ...
Advertisement
__________________
"Everything's Coming up Milhouse!"
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #52
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
411ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,342
Thanked 484 Times in 257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
He's not accusing anyone of anything. He just wants drug testing. By not agreeing to it, Pacman is basically admitting that he is a cheater. Don't blame Mayweather for that!

Yea, him saying "Philippines has the best enhancing drugs" or whatever as Jet said isn't enough to say about someone you are about to fight is from. He's never asked for a drug testing like this to his previous opponents so why now??

..I'd Fail you for your comment but I just realized that you removed yours LOL

Does it hurt you that bad that someone fails your comment? it's the Internet buddy, it will be OK.. LOL HAHAHAHA hilarious... "Mom.. someone failed me on Revscene, imma go to my room now"

Also, PLEASE don't Fail my post!! It will ruin my week!!!! pleaseeee
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #53
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Ilagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 982
Thanked 479 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
During the initial phase of the now aborted Mann Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather fight, Bob Arum initially wanted the fight to be held at the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Golden Boy’s second chief Richard Scahefer scoffed the idea, saying Mayweather does not like because it is an outdoor stadium.

But with the recent development of things, some little details broke the surface may probably be the biggest reason why Mayweather never wanted the Dallas Cowboys Stadium to host the fight – he was using a widely-banned illegal substance. The irony is that such drug is legal in, coincidentally, the state of Nevada.

In an article written by Frank Gonzales in April 21, 2002, it is revealed that Floyd Mayweather has been using a painkiller called Xylocaine to treat the pain caused by his brittle hands, which have been injured numerous times in the past.

However, Xylocaine is proven to enhance a boxer’s performance.

It effectively numbs the boxer’s hands, making it less susceptible to pain caused by punching constantly. With the pain efficiently blocked out, Xylocaine, in effect, enables the boxer to throw more powerful shots. If that is the case, then Mayweather may not have been fighting on a leveled playing field in some of his fights.

And to call Pacquiao a steroids user when in fact he has a history of using a widely-banned drug not only tarnishes his reputation as a boxer, but also brings his legacy to a pool of mud. Soaked and dirtied, there is no way Mayweather can clean this one.

The karmic boomerang does hurt.
http://www.8countnews.com/news/125/A...010-01-09.html

Could this be why Mayweather is so adamant on having the fight in Vegas?

GO TEAM PACQUIAO!
Ilagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #54
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,015
Thanked 17,634 Times in 5,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilagon View Post
http://www.8countnews.com/news/125/A...010-01-09.html

Could this be why Mayweather is so adamant on having the fight in Vegas?

GO TEAM PACQUIAO!
nice try there, Arum
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #55
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel
 
Jsunu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,797
Thanked 563 Times in 247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
He's not accusing anyone of anything. He just wants drug testing. By not agreeing to it, Pacman is basically admitting that he is a cheater. Don't blame Mayweather for that!
I fail to see how this is the case considering that Pacman has never been caught with using performance enhancing drugs. Saying he is guilty because his refusing testing is a premature judgment.

Note: i am not saying whether or not he is ACTUALLY using drugs, I just don't make assumptions based on a refusal for testing.
Jsunu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #56
Jet
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 623
Thanked 56 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunu View Post
I fail to see how this is the case considering that Pacman has never been caught with using performance enhancing drugs. Saying he is guilty because his refusing testing is a premature judgment.

Note: i am not saying whether or not he is ACTUALLY using drugs, I just don't make assumptions based on a refusal for testing.
In sports thats how it works, like I said before, you can thank baseball for the whole guilty until you are proven innocent ... they ruined athlete's reputations by lying about being juiced so now when someone even remotely looks guilty, public opinion will sway towards him being guilty ...
__________________
"Everything's Coming up Milhouse!"
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #57
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,015
Thanked 17,634 Times in 5,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunu View Post
I fail to see how this is the case considering that Pacman has never been caught with using performance enhancing drugs. Saying he is guilty because his refusing testing is a premature judgment.

Note: i am not saying whether or not he is ACTUALLY using drugs, I just don't make assumptions based on a refusal for testing.
He hasn't been caught because they only do drug testing to say they do drug testing. As soon as someone asks for real drug testing, he backs out. Or asks for any failures not to be made public. To me, that is an admission that you know you're going to fail. Because if you don't take drugs, there is literally no reason not to agree to proper testing.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #58
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Nismo200SX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Surrey
Posts: 989
Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts

pacman did agree to drug testing. just not 14days before the fight. What kinda scared fighter accuses another fighter of using drugs? oh yeah a scared fighter. After he saw the beating pacquiao gave to cotto, there's no way mayweather would want to fight him. Mayweather won't even fight cotto.

When fighters get challenged face to face they know they are best they dont back down and make excuses. Just watch the clip of Mosley challenging Mayweather to his face after the marquez fight. If Mayweather know hes the best and he not scared then he would have simply said " Lets fight " and accepted the challenge but did he? no he came up with excuses and had no words. Mosley is one of the top welterweights right now. One of mayweather's excuses is why didn't mosley fight me years ago. Mosley was on a losing streak its that simple. Nobody wants to fight nobody when they are on a losing streak. But guess who does like fighting fighters that are on losing streaks Mayweather does.

Its easy to point the finger at the guy that doesnt want to take a blood test right before a fight. Thats the reason why the Mayweather camp started that whole dog and pony show so that it make's Pacquiao look bad and so Mayweather doesn't look like the one ducking pacquiao when in reality he's afraid of getting his first loss to Pacquiao and his 'so called' legacy goin down the drain because Pacquiao has already outshined mayweather by winning 7 titles in 7 different weight classes.
__________________
CoLoRs Member #26
For Good or For Awesome?
Nismo200SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #59
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,015
Thanked 17,634 Times in 5,341 Posts
What kind of fighter refuses to take a drug test outside 30 days (not 14) before a fight? Oh yeah, one that knows he'll fail
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:47 PM   #60
Jet
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 623
Thanked 56 Times in 18 Posts
Ya ya ya, we get it, you think he's guilty, we get it ...

You do know the people accusing him is totally psycho and probably on drugs themselves (not the performance enhancing kind, like the fuck you up in the brains kind) ... did you hear what Roger Mayweather said Pacquiao is on, that shit is hilarious, yah I'm going to take his word over Pac (but I do agree that Pac refusing in the beginning was pretty sketch and does make him kinda shady but I'd prefer to see evidence than just finger pointing) ...
__________________
"Everything's Coming up Milhouse!"
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:26 AM   #61
(7125 Viewing)
 
dasuperstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancity
Posts: 704
Thanked 100 Times in 30 Posts
In my own opinion pac does not used any steroids or drugs etc. to win his fight. Pacman was born in the street, carry tones of load and work when he was five. I guess through this experience he gain that steal body. Also they where scared because of the bias or other stuff that will happen on the test. Nways pacman doesnt need a fight anymore his a billionaire.

And maybe and this would be 90% true

Philippine national election is coming. Candidators use pacquio to promote thier selves especially the one that is running for president.

Pacman do this in two reason first connection and next is money...

Why? pacman will make half a billion(campaign, tip and TV advertisement and shows) on this better than battering his self up in the fight. After this May election the fight will continue trust me... that's a common practice in Philippines.
__________________
My Buyer/Seller Rating
dasuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:18 AM   #62
Jet
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 623
Thanked 56 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
In my own opinion pac does not used any steroids or drugs etc. to win his fight. Pacman was born in the street, carry tones of load and work when he was five. I guess through this experience he gain that steal body. Also they where scared because of the bias or other stuff that will happen on the test. Nways pacman doesnt need a fight anymore his a billionaire.

And maybe and this would be 90% true

Philippine national election is coming. Candidators use pacquio to promote thier selves especially the one that is running for president.

Pacman do this in two reason first connection and next is money...

Why? pacman will make half a billion(campaign, tip and TV advertisement and shows) on this better than battering his self up in the fight. After this May election the fight will continue trust me... that's a common practice in Philippines.
For the sake of the country I hope he loses and never tries to go back into politics ever again ... we already have enough retards in office, don't really need a puppet as well ...
__________________
"Everything's Coming up Milhouse!"
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net