REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #1576
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^ I'll probably do a quick loop of Stanley Park in the morning. Keep an eye out, I'll be on my red/white Rocky Mountain, with a female friend on a blue Trek.

We rode UBC Triathlon route today in the morning 4x. It was absolutely miserable! Everyone was covered in mud. Gee, and now the sun comes out...
Advertisement
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #1577
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
dat aero tuck. how long is the hill?

i've been looking at new bikes a lot lately...uh ohhhhhhh. a caad might be in the forecast but for a few extra bills you can get a supersix, but for a few extra bills you can get a supersix evo.
me too! i've been eyeing a caad10 ultegra build, although i should stick with my entry level jamis, since i've only been biking overall for like 2 months, but i keep trying to justify getting a new bike lol, thinking i would get more out of my biking with a much better bike

2005 G35 Coupe - sold
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #1578
I STILL don't get it

nice bike
noventa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #1579
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTG-ZR2 View Post
No bullshit fees or tax. Order was just under $100 but enough to qualify for free shipping!

Did the handling fee get charged at point of purchase or your doorstep?
Doorstep, along with hst. I can have an order shipped thousands of miles from Europe for $10, and they charge me the same to inspect the package.

I've got my eye on a pair of bibs that are also under $100 and ship free. Maybe I'll luck out this time

I should also ask for an opinion: I'm 6'2" 32" waist. According to the sizing chart, my waist size is small/medium (30-34) but my height is XL (6'1" to 6'3"). Which dimension is more important for bibs? Split the difference and go large?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #1580
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayceeee View Post
me too! i've been eyeing a caad10 ultegra build, although i should stick with my entry level jamis, since i've only been biking overall for like 2 months, but i keep trying to justify getting a new bike lol, thinking i would get more out of my biking with a much better bike
riding is such a great way to get around and enjoy our amazing city.

I'm constantly switching bikes, so I can totally identify with gear-lust. hehe... You gotta just pick your price point and find something that works. Otherwise, you can keep bumping up! A new bike may not literally make you a faster rider, but at least psychologically, you'll feel like a better rider! That being said, each bike has it's nuances. but unless you're racing and doing long distances, it probably will not make much difference with the frames. You're paying more for cachet of names. With drivetrains though, there's definitely a difference between the smoothness and reliability of upper-end and lower-end drivetrain groups.
chunk_stir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #1581
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
^ saw that on CL, great deal for that price

weather tomorrow looks promising...thinking of doing a quick stanley park loop in the AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Environment Canada
Saturday
Mainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness late in the afternoon. Wind west 30 to 50 km/h except northwest 50 to 70 near the Strait of Georgia in the morning. High 8.
tgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #1582
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

Bibs have shoulder straps so go larger

But, I would say try something on in person before buying bibs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrophobia View Post
I should also ask for an opinion: I'm 6'2" 32" waist. According to the sizing chart, my waist size is small/medium (30-34) but my height is XL (6'1" to 6'3"). Which dimension is more important for bibs? Split the difference and go large?
Posted via RS Mobile
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #1583
RS controls my life!

Anyone have some older aluminum 42cm drop bars (cinelli 3T or ITM) with ~80mm stem and 27.2mm shimano aero seat post?

Thanks!!
Posted via RS Mobile
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #1584
Better safe than Surrey

Anyone going to The Vancouver Bike Show, March 2 & 3
Old 02-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #1585
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
would they have good prices on bike clothing? Or is it mostly discounts on new 2013 gear?
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #1586
Better safe than Surrey

I'm hoping they have decent deals on new bicycles.

Also if anyone has a promo code for tickets... throw it up!!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:57 AM   #1587
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,440 Times in 4,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy89 View Post
would they have good prices on bike clothing? Or is it mostly discounts on new 2013 gear?
Almost never, at least in comparison to shopping online. It's usually just to show off 2013 stuff.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #1588
I subscribe to Revscene

awesome weather!! slowly getting my riding legs back
rookie mistake of not bringing something to munch so i couldn't ride as hard coming home from stanley park
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #1589
RS Veteran

Quote:
rookie mistake of not bringing something to munch so i couldn't ride as hard coming home from stanley park
Yeah, right, Mr. Ironman Triathlete.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 02-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #1590
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

Amazing day today. Head wind to and back from Whycliff Park was retarded. Lions gate was so windy i was leaning at a 45* to the right lol

Bike Ride Profile | Feb 23, 2013 near Vancouver | Times and Records | Strava
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #1591
RS Veteran

Wow, good ride! (Then again, I expect nothing less of you.)

So...some progress to last week's utter failure. I went back for a re-fit and discovered two new things:

1. I had to change shoes. Nothing would make the Northwave's work. I ended up getting a pair of Gaerne G-Platinums. They work like a charm.

2. Now that my saddle is broken in properly (Specialized Toupe Expert) it no longer works for me. My sit bones aren't sitting on the saddle itself now that the material is broken in as opposed to when it was still new. I had to try a flat saddle, Selle Italia Flite.

3. I received my Rudy Project Rydons (prescription) and man - these are freakin' SWEET!

Went for a short ride today down the bike path, over the Burrard Bridge, quick stop @ Musette Cafe and back home. I was able to ride with my legs more straight and use my core to achieve a better stroke/pedal and cadence. This is how it was for me when I had my Sidi shoes. The muscle spasms and pains are still there but I think I need more time to fix these problems. They don't happen as fast nor are they as annoying during the ride. Also, the saddle helped relax my back a lot more, allowing my body to actually rest onto the saddle and having the ability to use my core to perfect that stroke/pedal. Looking at my ride data, I was able to pump out an extra 5km/h on the flats!

Thanks to 604CEFIRO and Alphamale for pointing out my riding technique (or lack of.) The feedback helped a tonne. Thanks guys!

Old 02-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #1592
Better safe than Surrey

First ride ever with clipless, and wow, I have now seen the light! Massive efficiency increase. Hill climbs were noticeably easier and faster. I ended up going with the Shimano M086, a mountain bike style shoe which hides the cleat because I'll be commuting.

Near the end of 20k I felt pressure points on my toes starting to hurt, I hope they just need to be broken in as I just pulled them out of the box and started riding.

Shoes in question:

Spoiler!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #1593
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTG-ZR2 View Post
[IMG]http://i.qkme.me/3t47j8.jpg[IMG]

First ride ever with clipless, and wow, I have now seen the light! Massive efficiency increase. Hill climbs were noticeably easier and faster. I ended up going with the Shimano M086, a mountain bike style shoe which hides the cleat because I'll be commuting.

Near the end of 20k I felt pressure points on my toes starting to hurt, I hope they just need to be broken in as I just pulled them out of the box and started riding.

Shoes in question:

Spoiler!
Looks very similar to my Shimano touring shoes, but with tread. With mine, despite the cleat being recessed they aren't really suitable to walk beyond a few hundred meters. Didn't have any comfort problems with them whatsoever, the toebox is quite roomy on mine even though I have a wider foot. How flexible is the sole on yours? mine do not flex whatsoever. Perhaps adjust the positioning of the cleat?

Spoiler!
tgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #1594
Better safe than Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgill View Post
Looks very similar to my Shimano touring shoes, but with tread. With mine, despite the cleat being recessed they aren't really suitable to walk beyond a few hundred meters. Didn't have any comfort problems with them whatsoever, the toebox is quite roomy on mine even though I have a wider foot. How flexible is the sole on yours? mine do not flex whatsoever. Perhaps adjust the positioning of the cleat?

Spoiler!
These have some flex, I'd give them an 80-85% rigidity rating, compared to a carbon road shoe which is 100% rigid. I walked around a little bit and they are not exactly walking shoes, definitely keeping the walking to a minimum.

The cleat needs fine tuning, I just put it at a neutral position for the first bit to get used to it.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #1595
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

South Shore Cycle's annual sale is coming up this weekend...you guys are probably going to that sale than the Vancouver Bike Show to get gear.

Awesome riding yesterday despite the wind, we did 70+ kms.

What's up with the weather today..ugh.
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #1596
I bringith the lowerballerith

anyone know where locally has the best selection and pricing for cannondale bikes?

2005 G35 Coupe - sold
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #1597
RS Veteran

BSP and Cap's Westwood have a pretty good selection. I believe Speed Theory has Cannondale now as well.

Pacific Multisport sells Cannondale (I bought my CAAD10 there) but it's to-order only, however, best pricing and support I've found.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #1598
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Besides South Shore Cycles, does anyone know of any stores having any annual sales coming up?

Going to take the plunge and get a road bike, but the last thing I want to do is buy one and find out I could've gotten a better deal a week or two later

Last edited by Ch28; 02-24-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #1599
Better safe than Surrey

^ Cap's BIG ONE Sale is March 1st, 2nd, and 3rd!

434A East Columbia Street, New Westminster, BC. (604) 524-3611

Cap's Bicycle Shop - Specialized Brodie Devinci Dahon Electra - New Westminster, BC

Sale was mentioned on their FB page.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #1600
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Does anyone have experience at those sales? They're both this weekend so I'm trying to see which one I'd worth the drive out
Posted via RS Mobile
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote