REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #3726
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Anyone want to go for a ride on Saturday morning? Like starting at 6:30am, to beat the heat/traffic.
Advertisement
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #3727
Better safe than Surrey

I purchased my CAADX thru John. .

I originally thought I'd be a 54cm just cause I stood over a few in stores and was ready to purchase that size. He took my measurements on his sizing machine and it came out that I fit a 56cm almost perfectly. So I went with that size. I rode the bike on the trainer for a while and he swapped out the factory seat post and stem because they were not working for me. I went to a straight style post versus a rear biased and changed the stem for a 20mm shorter *With better than stock parts* At no charge cause that the service you receive when dealing him.

I told him I planned on commuting mostly and doing longer road rides on the weekend. He set my bike up slightly relaxed (for commuting) but still have enough aggressiveness for the weekend rides.

He does a great job. I have had ZERO complaints about my fit. Except when I swapped my seat and tried to set it up my self, but that's a different story.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #3728
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTG-ZR2 View Post
Except when I swapped my seat and tried to set it up my self, but that's a different story.
Same.

Bought my Selle Italia Flite on Wiggle. Self install - messed everything up.

GG. #noob

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #3729
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTG-ZR2 View Post
I purchased my CAADX thru John. .

I originally thought I'd be a 54cm just cause I stood over a few in stores and was ready to purchase that size. He took my measurements on his sizing machine and it came out that I fit a 56cm almost perfectly. So I went with that size. I rode the bike on the trainer for a while and he swapped out the factory seat post and stem because they were not working for me. I went to a straight style post versus a rear biased and changed the stem for a 20mm shorter *With better than stock parts* At no charge cause that the service you receive when dealing him.

I told him I planned on commuting mostly and doing longer road rides on the weekend. He set my bike up slightly relaxed (for commuting) but still have enough aggressiveness for the weekend rides.

He does a great job. I have had ZERO complaints about my fit. Except when I swapped my seat and tried to set it up my self, but that's a different story.
Awesome, good to hear, thank you all for the replies, one more question, how much cannondale stock does he normally have? I've never been to the store, so I don't know how big it is, I will be looking at a cannondale synapse, alloy or carbon.

My Feedback
TurboTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #3730
RS Veteran

He has almost zero stock in bikes. He will only bring it in upon order. FYI - he's not in until Friday afternoon. I'll be there on Saturday from 12:30pm to 1pm.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 06-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #3731
I bringith the lowerballerith

yea i've only seen bare frames in his store and only one cannondale, and it was a slice TT bike

2005 G35 Coupe - sold
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #3732
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

I think im just about out of free services on my bike with la bicicletta... I'll probably head over to John and PMS to see what he's all about

Probably for my next major tune up before the fondo
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #3733
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
Who's the baller that ordered RAPHA goods just now? Just got a msg that the friend i referred made a purchase!
Will, thanks again for the referral. Held out as much as I could, but eventually I caved in.
Posted via RS Mobile
PHATFLIP_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #3734
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azncreationz View Post
Anyone want to go for a ride on Saturday morning? Like starting at 6:30am, to beat the heat/traffic.
I'd be up for that. I do all my long rides early Saturday mornings...hard to fit in rides with a newborn at home.
heleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #3735

For those wanting to learn to ride in big groups u should check out la Biciclettas setup at Stanley parks info booth at 6/615pm on Tuesday nights

I was riding with my gf and passed by while they had their meetup speech. There must have been at least 30 -40ppl.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #3736
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Thanks for the info ^ Anyone have any info on actual cycling groups? I'm thinking if I get involved in a group, ill feel a lot more guilty sitting on the couch
Old 06-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #3737
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
the tuesday stanley park would be a good start. well organized and a good group of riders (most of the time)
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #3738
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
There's only so much these shops can do. Their livelihood is dependent on the volume of sales so for them to spend the time to "fit" each and every customer is counter productive. This is why some shops will charge an arm and a leg for a fitting.

Regarding GREddie's CAAD10, he experienced a lot of front and rear derailleur issues when it came to shifting. Eventually, he brought the bike over to my place and we watched YouTube videos on how to set them all up. Took a while to get it right so now all he needs to do is ride the bike more to stretch out the cables.
BCR Cycles open for business. Specializing in hanging out and chatting about bikes with the occasional bike tuneup via youtube
GREddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #3739
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azncreationz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heleu View Post
I'd be up for that. I do all my long rides early Saturday mornings...hard to fit in rides with a newborn at home.
Where are you guys going? I'd like to come but I have to get to work around 1pm.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #3740
Better safe than Surrey

Buggered my knee again. Most likely another weekend with out a ride.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #3741
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
How far and fast do you guys ride? I have a hybrid and would like to join some group rides.
Posted via RS Mobile
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #3742
I subscribe to Revscene

@IMASA - tough to say as i've only ridden with a couple of RS guys
I think a decent ride is about 60+Km, a comfortable pace is 20-25km/h

i'm pretty rook compared to the elite guys here so on a ride like whytecliff, if i push myself i can do about 28-30km/h. i'd be totally gassed though lol

OT - for the guys that work out at a gym too, what exercises do you guys do to supplement/improve your riding? I've been sticking to the standard squats and leg raise machines and that's about it. I also 'horse stance' (sorry i don't know the proper english translated term) on the half bosu ball to work on core strength and endurance in the quads.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #3743

I'm a big gym goer', and honestly since I started riding my leg exercises have completely stopped. When I work the legs, they are sore for 4-6 days which completely cripples my riding for the week. I had solid lower body strength before the season, and just a few days ago I did another leg workout as I had a cold and did not want to drain myself riding. I was happy to see little change in my squat. I guess my "Off season routine" would be doing back squats, straight leg deadlifts, a bunch of calf of exercises (Sitting to work the soleous sp?muscle, as well as a straight legged calf exercise). I also throw in some sets on the leg press with a variety of different foot stances to hit the different muscles groups. Split squats are also a great one to get the legs going.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #3744
Better safe than Surrey

#YOLO

I think the hipster dropped his PBR.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #3745
I subscribe to Revscene

homeboy was laid the f ouuuuutttttttttt!
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #3746

Holy shit that guys lucky he's moving.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #3747
RS Veteran

I love how all of them "seem" so chill and relaxed about it. #HipsterFail

Old 06-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #3748
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASA View Post
How far and fast do you guys ride? I have a hybrid and would like to join some group rides.
Posted via RS Mobile
If you ride with people from here, it's okay but I recall group rides with La Bicicletta not allowing hybrids LOL!

Old 06-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #3749
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I think that hipster had the red light...maybe he should have stopped. And wore a helmet. 'just sayin'.

As for Saturday morning's ride, I have to back out now, my apologies. Picked up a volunteer position in the morning, so my ride will have to be later in the day, say around 10am. Since I'll be down near the Foreshore Park, I'll probably be doing a few laps there, and maybe some hill training on SouthRidge. If this interests you, let me know!
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #3750

I've got a new schedule now, with Monday's being my fixed day off.

So for the guys that wanna ride monday mornings (spirited ride whytcliff / cypress etc) let me know.