REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 12-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Bicurious 19 Year Old Male seeking Advice

I recently graduated from high school. Back in high school i had a girlfriend for about 4 years, but as my graduation came closer, i had lost feelings for her. I wasn't sure what kind of feelings, sex was okay, her looks were okay, and we didn't argue, but i just stopped being attracted her. I thought this was just a normal thing for everyone, so we decided to break it off.

Fast forward two years from highschool and now im legal. I recently went clubbing with a few of my girl friends from high school. We went to celebrities on tuesday and as we were all having a good time dancing and drinking, we met a couple of other gay guys there cause they were chatting it up with my friends. So as we were buying more and more drinks, i started to dance with some of the guys there, and one thing led to another. My girlfriends left early and i stayed becuase i guess i was sort of attracted to one of them becuase our conversation was really great and he understood me on a different level that my past gfs wouldnt. We ended the night with a kiss, and i got his number.

Im still not sure whether im attracted to males or females.... Has anyone gone though this and is this just a phase?

bigassbooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigassbooger View Post
I recently graduated from high school. Back in high school i had a girlfriend for about 4 years, but as my graduation came closer, i had lost feelings for her. I wasn't sure what kind of feelings, sex was okay, her looks were okay, and we didn't argue, but i just stopped being attracted her. I thought this was just a normal thing for everyone, so we decided to break it off.

Fast forward two years from highschool and now im legal. I recently went clubbing with a few of my girl friends from high school. We went to celebrities on tuesday and as we were all having a good time dancing and drinking, we met a couple of other gay guys there cause they were chatting it up with my friends. So as we were buying more and more drinks, i started to dance with some of the guys there, and one thing led to another. My girlfriends left early and i stayed becuase i guess i was sort of attracted to one of them becuase our conversation was really great and he understood me on a different level that my past gfs wouldnt. We ended the night with a kiss, and i got his number.

Im still not sure whether im attracted to males or females.... Has anyone gone though this and is this just a phase?
just a phase?
filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

That is not a phase, the way you are feeling will not change IMO.
LeanNsupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #5
HELP ME PLS!!!

This guy is trying to be serious and you just have to be a jerk about it, asian_xl.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #6
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
I'm always here for you.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #7
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I don't think this is "just a phase"
greendb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #8
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

It can either be a phase or you are just simply attracted to guys. Well....the other option is you are bi-sexual which might not be a bad thing.

go fuck her brains out, shoot all in her mouth, and leave
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=526766
nosleepboy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #9
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
it could be just a phase, i've had girl friends who dated other girls i guess to experiment? these were long term relationships too and when i ask them about if, it was basically just to explore and they're straight
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:23 AM   #10
Director of RS Cares

for some people, being bisexual is a phase and sometimes it isn't. i think this is something you're going to have to explore on your own terms and to accept that this is who you are (whether you're straight, gay, bi) as there is nothing wrong with being you. i say go out with this guy and see how you feel. no one is going to be able to tell you who you have to like or who you have to be--this is strictly your decisions and yours only.

to shed some light onto this, i have a friend who use to date girls and had long term relationships with women. but as he got older and was more exposed to different types of people, he realized he is gay and is now dating a great guy. it took him a lot of strength and courage to figure who he is, and now he is out of the closet and with someone who loves him.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:15 AM   #11
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
bi-accident or bi-curious lol

i say you go for it and then hit up another chick n see which one u perfer.... hell maybe u should go for both like tila LOL
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:35 AM   #12
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Maybe you should persue the guy a little more and see how you really feel and if it works out. You never know. I'm always for love even if its homosexual. Everyone in the world deserves to be happy. Don't hide who you really are if in the end it'll make you happy.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

call that guy and suck his dick, if you don't puke from disgust 5 seconds into the process your definitely gay/bi
stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #14
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
^ so you tried for at least 4 seconds?
TOS'd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #15
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^haha clever
oinkoinkpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #16
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
^ so you tried for at least 4 seconds?

I was never uncertain about my sexual orientation, so no.
stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #17
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
What kind of deep conversation did you have with this guy at a club that led you to believe he knows you "on a different level"?

Conversations at clubs usually consist of nodding, and pretending you can hear what the other one is saying. Or maybe that's what he did, and you fell for it?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #18
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
edit: isnt celebrities a gay club?

Last edited by Zyzz; 12-08-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #19
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
^ tuesday's is straight night?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #20
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
i dont think it matters

its on davie street too... not like straight nights will keep gay people from going...
Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:42 PM   #21
My homepage has been set to RS

^ hahaha
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #22
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Well, in the gay community we say bi now gay later!

I kid, I kid.

I think what you're going through is part of a normal self discovery process. I don't believe that sexuality is easily definable nor black and white. For some people gender is irrelevant, but rather they're attracted to the individual person.

The Kinsey scale is a famous example that supports this notion. Ugh, I know, I know. Wikipedia...don't have any fancy schmancy scholarly articles on me. hehe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

But yeah, don't worry about defining your sexuality just yet. Just explore (safely, of course) and see what works and what doesn't work. Try not to overthink things. I know I fooled myself for a long time telling myself I was bisexual just so that I could live up to the expectations of my family/society. Now I have some pretty funny dinner party stories of awkwardness. Not that I don't think you're not bisexual at all, but again, just try not to overthink things.

PS Clubs are probably not the best place to get a feel of what bi/gay culture is like haha
PPS For you heteros, celebs is usually ridiculously straight on Stereotype Fridays, too. Makes my life difficult, telling who is and isn't!
PPPS Intelligent straight guys will go on Saturdays (gay night) to get massive selection of heterosexual girls.
Saywhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #23
Banned (ABWS)

why do gay ppl always hit on me? i dont have a lisp or anything
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #24
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
why do gay ppl always hit on me? i dont have a lisp or anything
A. You're attractive (yay?)
B. Perhaps your "being hit on senses" are overly sensitive? Gay people tend to be more outgoing.
C. You're wearing American Apparel. Seriously, we power this overpriced brand. Clearly, I'm still mad I paid $28 for a plain T-shirt.

Funny story. A straight friend of mine was at celebs one time and a gay guy wanted to get past him to get to the bar and he thought the guy was trying to grind up against him. He jumped at least 20 feet. lol. He talks about it to this day, "Remember that time..." None of us have the heart to tell him that no, he wasn't being grinded up against. We'll let him feel attractive.

For the most part, gay men are generally pretty picky with who they go for so good for you if you're getting hit on!
Saywhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:12 PM   #25
Banned (ABWS)

yeah i got one AA hoodie but i wasn't wearing it when it usually happens

one of them invited me back to his place, i didn't even know he was gay until he asked me that and tried to reach for me

i did some party favors with this guy then he "attacked" me
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote