REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 12-12-2009, 09:14 AM   #26
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer111 View Post
Depends on your major. If you're in Arts or Commerce and taking 4 courses a term and going to school 3-4 days a week for a couple of hours a day, of course if you have time. If you're in Engineering and have 7 courses every term and having 26h of class + labs every week.. HUGE difference. Then again, some people do need study time to do well, while others can do well without much effort.
What school is this?? Engineers at my uni are doing minimum 30 hours of class with 3+ labs a week, including 7 hour labs on saturdays!! Courseload of 8 or 9 per term is normal.

but then again we have a saying "five-o and go"...so lots of them still have time for gf's. but then again... opportunities for meeting girls is slim. haha

juicyjum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #27
Director of RS Cares

i can tell you what wouldn't work...a breakup while trying to study for an exam in january.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #28
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyjum View Post
What school is this?? Engineers at my uni are doing minimum 30 hours of class with 3+ labs a week, including 7 hour labs on saturdays!! Courseload of 8 or 9 per term is normal.

but then again we have a saying "five-o and go"...so lots of them still have time for gf's. but then again... opportunities for meeting girls is slim. haha
So you're saying that each course at your university is a minimum of 1hr of classes a week?'

I'd like to know what school you're at. The hours are about right, but the courses are split up a lot more than what I've seen.

all I've got to say is...

Old 12-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
i can tell you what wouldn't work...a breakup while trying to study for an exam in january.
that has happened to me before around exam time haha
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #30
I don't get it

^ same.
Right before gr 12 exams for university too. Worst experience of my life
NimbeeTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #31
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

8 classes x 3 hours each, 3 lab sections x 3 hours each
Old 12-13-2009, 12:05 AM   #32
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Obviously you need to find a new girlfriend if she intervenes your life too much.

how are you going to stand her for the rest of your life when she whines about everything while you are trying to move up in the corporate ladder?

unless she is super hot, then you can hump and dump. but that's another story.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #33
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Both of us go to university. My bf picks me up from school sometimes. Then we hang out for 2-3 hours.
You just have to manage your time well and don't interfere with their school/study time. Though it's hard to balance sometimes, it works out fine.
Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #34
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

people just get stressed before/during deadline season. sometimes they might take it out on those closest to them... or they feel overwhelmed by all their responsibilities (girlfriend AND 300 papers/mt's/finals/payments etc) and the SO problem is the only one that can they can control. its kind of shitty but not completely out of the ordinary.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #35
My homepage has been set to RS

I agree with Ulic…its life, but its all dependant on what you want.
For the past couple of years I have chosen not to dive into a relationship…not because my studies interfere, but I like the single life on campus So thats what I do…focus on my schooling, go out on week nights, work weekends.
mc25 is offline   Reply With Quote