REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #26
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

my car and my GFs car were both broken into in our under ground in 3 days, then 2 days later another car in the UG was hit. i dont keep anything in my car.. all they got was the GPS, and they broke into her car to try to steal her GPS harness as mine was hard wired into the car.. window was 260$ and came with a full interior detailing.. feels bad to have your car broken into.. you almost feel dirty
Advertisement
Street Car --> 15.45 | Vega --> 11.65
seekerbeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #27

most shops will replace the window just under the 300 deductible amount given that no body or molding damages are involved.
Spooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #28
c32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

i was thinking if there was a way to prevent these windows from breaking then ALOT of windows wouldnt be needing replacing and ALOT of people will be saving $$$...

so i thought maybe what if we put some type of film on the front windows, kind of like tint film but probably something stronger.... i've never seen a tinted window break befor but i am sure the glass wouldnt shadder into 10000 peices... what do u guys think? what if we put clear film on both sides of the glass... could this possible prevent junkies from breaking into our cars? theres much benifits from this like what if we got into an accident involving the front window to get smashed, there would not be peices flying into ur face.. downfalls of this i could only think that once it breaks it would not shatter? then would block view from window while driving, but how many times will an accident like this happen that would block ur view from driving(not much)... and how many times will a junkie break into someones car(a fuckin lot of times)?? almost everyone i talked to about this has had their windows broken into, ending up paying 300 deductable to repair..
c32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #29
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,054 Times in 231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phucmang View Post
i was thinking if there was a way to prevent these windows from breaking then ALOT of windows wouldnt be needing replacing and ALOT of people will be saving $$$...

so i thought maybe what if we put some type of film on the front windows, kind of like tint film but probably something stronger.... i've never seen a tinted window break befor but i am sure the glass wouldnt shadder into 10000 peices... what do u guys think? what if we put clear film on both sides of the glass... could this possible prevent junkies from breaking into our cars? theres much benifits from this like what if we got into an accident involving the front window to get smashed, there would not be peices flying into ur face.. downfalls of this i could only think that once it breaks it would not shatter? then would block view from window while driving, but how many times will an accident like this happen that would block ur view from driving(not much)... and how many times will a junkie break into someones car(a fuckin lot of times)?? almost everyone i talked to about this has had their windows broken into, ending up paying 300 deductable to repair..
Reason why doing this is pretty much illegal is cause what if you crash into a lake or river and have to break the windows to get out. You can't kick the front windshield out. You've gotta break the front windows with a kick or sharp tool. You're done for if the front glass doesn't shatter. Same reason why it's illegal to have front tint (a long with it being dangerous at night).
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #30
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cho View Post
if its cracked/chipped its 200
if its broken is 300
Sorry, that is totally misleading information.

The only time your comprehensive deductible is $200 is when it is your windscreen that is damaged as a result of a flying object (i.e. Rock).

$300 applies to all other windows if smashed, chipped, etc.

Quote:
For windshield damage caused by flying objects such as rocks or gravel, the deductible is $200 (if you bought Comprehensive coverage with the minimum $300 deductible).
http://www.icbc.com/claims/how_claim...ass_windshield
dai3yuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:09 PM   #31
Banned (ABWS)

i picked up a window for my bros civic only was 120$ then i paid somebody 20$ to install it.

if you do diy make sure you take out the seal and theres NO shards of glass left if there is one, it will make your new window break lol
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:00 AM   #32
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I'm sorry your car got broken into
RangeRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:59 AM   #33
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

There is a red civic at pick a part in Chiliwack think its a 91, thought i should toss that out there incase someone needed crap
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #34
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

got my car broken into also! frickin choked.... they unlocked all my doors and stole my itouch,nano,gum,2 cans of icetea,prada shades,spy shades..... fricking raging!
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #35
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Where did you park? I'd be pissed too, getting jacked like that.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #36
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
got my car broken into also! frickin choked.... they unlocked all my doors and stole my itouch,nano,gum,2 cans of icetea,prada shades,spy shades..... fricking raging!
Fuck, they took your gum!? That sucks man.
n0ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:19 PM   #37
I bringith the lowerballerith

holy shittt mother fuckers stole ur gum. its personal now
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #38
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Whoa, whoa whoa, wait...you mean to tell me that these mothafuckaz stole TWO cans of icetea!?! TWO OF THEM!?!?!?!?
n0ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:40 PM   #39

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
:
Old 01-26-2011, 06:19 AM   #40

yaeh its retarded. i park on the street infront of my house. lame
Old 01-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #41
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,054 Times in 231 Posts
Why do so many people leave such valuables in the car? My car got broken into the other day but they broke nothing and got nothing either.
Posted via RS Mobile
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #42
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
I would've rubbed the ice tea cans on my ass and put them back. Then I would have stalked you for two days waiting for you to drink them. When you drank them I'd laugh my ass off, the same ass that was previously rubbed on your drink. The circle is complete.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #43

k....
Old 01-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #44
c32

damn dude, right in front ur house, i thought my car would be safe in front of my house, geuss it doesnt realy matter... i had a brand new pack of gum in my car also that was prob taken, those fuckers were nice enough to leave 2 toonies in my ash trey though... i did have a crap load of change in there lol.. lessen learned, leave nothing in car, leave change holder open so they see no change!!! i sure hope they grabed a nice hand full of glass and cut their selves while they were at it!! prob not though since all compartments were closed
Old 01-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #45

for me they left my goalie helmet sitting in the back still so thats a good thing.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #46

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
When I had my beater I always left it unlocked.. Wasnt worth getting windows smashed.. I didnt even have the deck screwed down so they wouldnt damage the center console if they were to steal it.. Luckily for the 3 years Ive had my Suzuki swift no break in's ever occured.. I even had a pretty decent deck in there too... Now that I have my corolla... I try to keep it as clean as possible so people assume its just another corolla with nothing in it... So they think :P. I love my non heatbag cars...

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #47
c32

i dont think its realy the car that matters... its all about whats in the car, how much stuff looks like is in there, ipods, change, if it looks like the owner keeps alota shit in there they are gona smash it... the junkies just need $$$ to get high probably, unless its some teenagers, either way they are doing it for $$$... i am sure these guys use a flashlight to see whats in the car befor they smash it to make sure its worth their time..