REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Anyone know where the guys went from Advanced Motorsport? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/601781-anyone-know-where-guys-went-advanced-motorsport.html)

Turbogee 01-06-2010 07:28 AM

Anyone know where the guys went from Advanced Motorsport?

Where did all the guys go from Advanced Motorsport in Coquitlam? The owner says he doesn't know...which I find highly suspect. I need to contact any one of them...Thanks. :confused:

Mugen EvOlutioN 01-06-2010 10:13 AM

what do u mean where did all the guys go from advance? yet you were able to get a hold of the owner

:confused:

hotjoint 01-06-2010 10:15 AM

I called them yesterday and some korean dude answered the phone

?NR 01-06-2010 10:20 AM

Everyone got canned from Advance.
Posted via RS Mobile

TOPEC 01-06-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotjoint (Post 6757482)
I called them yesterday and some korean dude answered the phone

advance is owned by a korean, or koreans.

PiuYi 01-06-2010 11:43 AM

they got so advanced, robots took over and terminated all humanoids.

TypeRNammer 01-06-2010 12:06 PM

That explains the zergling rush...
Posted via RS Mobile

FN-2199 01-06-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypeRNammer (Post 6757630)
That explains the zergling rush...
Posted via RS Mobile

LOL. Kerrigan will not be pleased.
Posted via RS Mobile

S9 MECHA KARUMA 01-06-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbogee (Post 6757342)
Where did all the guys go from Advanced Motorsport in Coquitlam? The owner says he doesn't know...which I find highly suspect. I need to contact any one of them...Thanks. :confused:

I stopped by there the saturday before christmas and the owner was acting like a douche and fired everyone there. I feel bad for all of them getting screwed like that. It seemed like the guys had finally got that place off the ground after ken left. I heard rumors that they are starting their own shop in burnaby somewhere. Good luck to them and their future endeavors.

Groot 01-06-2010 04:43 PM

fired before christmas? bah humbug

AznK 01-06-2010 04:43 PM

Last I heard, Ken quit and is doing something not car related.

Lude S 01-06-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S9 MECHA KARUMA (Post 6758003)
I stopped by there the saturday before christmas and the owner was acting like a douche and fired everyone there. I feel bad for all of them getting screwed like that. It seemed like the guys had finally got that place off the ground after ken left. I heard rumors that they are starting their own shop in burnaby somewhere. Good luck to them and their future endeavors.

noobie account and happend to know what exactly happend.....u one of the boys from advance that got canned?:haha:

Harvey Specter 01-06-2010 08:14 PM

Didn't one of the owners have a white LP560? The one time I dealt with Advance was to have springs removed from my car. It was super last minute but Advance was able to fit me in. The service was great and the people working there were friendly.

borabora 01-06-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lude S (Post 6758223)
noobie account and happend to know what exactly happend.....u one of the boys from advance that got canned?:haha:

Look at when he joined fool.

w00tgasm 01-06-2010 10:09 PM

I overheard some guy in a shirt and tie saying that they might have to move to Burnaby a few months back.

He also kept asking if any of the employees knew any girls looking for a job... Specifically ones who know a bit about cars...

It's sad to hear if they all got canned, if that is true.

jlenko 01-06-2010 10:36 PM

Didn't they just move next door from where they were originally?

Too bad... they did a mint job on my tire mounting last time. If it's not the same guys tho, I won't be going back.

Scotsman 01-07-2010 02:23 PM

Who else has the "touchless" tire mounting machine in GVRD?

GabAlmighty 01-07-2010 03:31 PM

They're under shackle and chain working on my cars in my carport.

roverT 01-09-2010 01:52 AM

The owner of Advance decided to change the direction of his shop last minute and did some things that were rather abrupt, as some of you customers who got caught in the middle of this experienced. I wish him the best of luck in the future and hope he made the right decision.

As for the guys who worked Advance and cooked the meat and potatoes...they'll be back with big bang very soon. When it's time, you can still go to them for all the car stuff you require. Many of you have got the know and trust them fully with their great work shown and you can see it as a reflection of your car they modified/worked on. When they are online and ready to go at a new location, hold on, get ready, for one of the most trustworthy and quality work they pride themselves upon.

But for now, you'll just have to wait...haha. Find a temporary place or just be patient for a month. They are still looking for prime locations for all of you to get to easily, from all points of the Greater Vancouver Area.

If you have any important questions to the previous staff, give me a PM and I'll pass it on to them.

TOPEC 01-09-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotsman (Post 6759327)
Who else has the "touchless" tire mounting machine in GVRD?

ok tire in rmd, i believe they mount up to 22", but not exactally sure.
and it might be the same machine advanced used.

!SG 01-09-2010 02:15 AM

the machine at advance, and at high end dealerships is named the "corghi" machine.

the model that most have in town should be able to mount up to 26" rims (dependant on the tire), and up to 40" tall tires (however its safer to do 39" or less)

the machine is great help but also depends on the training the person using the machine got.

and yes, i was trained on the machine =)

i believe there is a hunter model tire mounting machine that out there that is pretty good as well.

as for balancing, the creme de la creme is the hunter road force machine.

death_blossom 01-09-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AznK (Post 6758017)
Last I heard, Ken quit and is doing something not car related.

correct.

sucks to hear that all the staff got fired? how could the owner do such a reckless thing?

Mugen EvOlutioN 01-10-2010 01:18 AM

they are goneee

vexor 01-10-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by death_blossom (Post 6763216)
correct.

sucks to hear that all the staff got fired? how could the owner do such a reckless thing?

they didn't get fired, they got fed up with the owner and all left at the same time

thumper 01-11-2010 05:45 AM

i already had an uneasy feeling when shoei left... and when ken called it quits it pretty much confirmed my suspicions that something was wrong and i hadn't been back since... but i haven't really found anywhere else to go to either :(