REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 02-16-2011, 01:53 AM   #51
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Wonder why his eyes have an orange-reddish tiny.

LOVE the web shooters
Advertisement

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:57 AM   #52
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Supposedly Phillip Seymour Hoffman is going to be Venom (rumor he's listed on imdb as such)

that, i really doubt

but having venom again (done correctly this time) would be dope
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:29 AM   #53
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
my choice for MJ has to be Isla Fisher =]
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #54
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 n r View Post
that, i really doubt

but having venom again (done correctly this time) would be dope
I can't imagine an actor doing a better job than PSH. Man that makes me stoked for this if it's true!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #55
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I can't imagine an actor doing a better job than PSH. Man that makes me stoked for this if it's true!
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1910507
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #56
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
i could see it....

2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #57
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
looks like no more webs shooting out of the skin
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #58
Banned (ABWS)

Regis for uncle ben. Final answer: fuck yah
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #59
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

^^hahhahaha
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #60

Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #61
Need my Daily Fix of RS

The costume actually looks like fabric this time around.
The old costume looked like scales and the CGI was VERY obvious at times. Hope this turns out well!

Could've used a hotter Gwen Stacey though.
Majestic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #62
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
trailer leaked and imo it doesnt look that good. looks like they're trying to follow the batman formula and make it more of a serious movie rather than comic book fun. but the POV scene looked pretty cool though

jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #63
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
FPS?
Doom?

If this is in 3d, I can imagine my gf getting sick.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #64

not sure if it's the eyes but this pic looks weird. i think it's just the shape of his face

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 07-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
FPS?
Doom?

If this is in 3d, I can imagine my gf getting sick.
I'm assuming the POV part was only for trailer purposes?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 07-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #66

this is a good read

Quote:
Hero Worship: Why the Spider-Man Reboot Will be Amazing
Peter Parker goes back to basics.

The word "reboot" is tossed around a lot these days. Usually, the connotation is negative. I admit that I often cringe when I hear something is being rebooted, particularly when the current iteration of the franchise is only a few years old. While reboots used to be primarily limited to franchises that didn't meet financial expectations or were received poorly, we're now hearing rumblings of even the biggest success stories – like Nolan's Batman movies – headed toward a reboot.

As fans of comics, games, movies and television, we've come to accept the process as a part of the life cycle for modern entertainment. Just think of reboots as a creative team change up on your favorite comic book. It's the same story interpreted in a new way. As we move forward into an age where continuity is less acceptable in the bid to gain more viewers (or readers), love it or hate it, this is something we have to learn to live with as fanboys and girls. This is the train of thought that gave birth to my excitement for The Amazing Spider-Man.

Sam Raimi's Spider-Man set the benchmark for superhero adaptations. If Bryan Singer's first X-Men unlocked the door, Spider-Man kicked it right the hell down. Followed up by Spider-Man 2 and the less popular but still financially successful Spider-Man 3, Raimi established the web slinger as a box office sure thing. But the original Spider-Man movie had the benefit of being in that first wave of modern superhero blockbusters, with each sequel built outwards from there. Since then, most of Marvel's movies – whether at Marvel Studios or someplace else – have more or less followed the same template. So here we are. Raimi and his cast are gone and an all-new crew is on board for a complete overhaul. But just as fans were wary of the original Spidey movies when news and photos started pouring in, so too is the case with Amazing Spider-Man. I can't tell you how many times I've seen comments that call out the Spider-Man costume for looking like a basketball.

Fanboys have this amazing ability to never be held accountable for their changing opinions. That's not an accusation; it's happened to me too. We tend to have a gut reaction to any bit of news, positive or negative, only to go back on our words later down the line. We might never speak about it (you know who you are), but we've all retroactively loved or hated things, despite the comments we left on forums forever ago. Such is the case with Raimi and Spider-Man, and I'm willing to bet even Nolan's Batman films will suffer the same fate. So with the memories of Raimi's Spider-Man waning, where does that leave the reboot?

The obvious details are in the back-to-basics approach. In terms of scope, everything is scaled back. To some degree, the mandate of a reboot demands as much. Amazing Spider-Man seems to suggest an origin, one villain, and one love interest. By that logic, we're back to that original Spider-Man template I mentioned earlier. But here's the thing: The Amazing Spider-Man is shaping up to be everything that Raimi's Spider-Man wasn't.

As much as I like Tobey Maguire, his Peter Parker was flat. He was a geek, but not a geek I wanted to root for. I liked him because I knew he was supposed to be Peter Parker, but I never really connected with him. Andrew Garfield (Doctor Who street cred aside) is an actor that I can buy in both roles – as Peter Parker and as Spider-Man – when Maguire never sold me in either.

Garfield, combined with director Marc Webb, screenwriter Steve Kloves (Harry Potter), and the lack of a J. Jonah Jameson character gives the impression that The Amazing Spider-Man will have a renewed focus on two things; high school and humor. Both of these are huge contributions to the success of Brian Michael Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man, which rejuvenated the character in the comics even before the first Spider-Man movie came out. Half of the reason that I found such a disconnect with Raimi's Peter Parker could very well be because of his mere 30 minutes spent in high school before he moved onto living in the big city, rejecting Norman Osborn's money.

More importantly, we've seen Kloves' knack for adapting J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series to the screen with its humor intact amongst the more dramatic story beats. There's no reason to think that the same won't be true for Spider-Man. The other half of why I couldn't connect with Raimi's Parker is that he just wasn't fun. He offered a few lame quips on occasion, but they fell flat. Raimi's films were more focused on the dramatic trifecta of Peter, Harry, and Mary Jane. That's well and good, but it was at the expense of good ol' web slinging fun. Hopefully Kloves, with the addition of Webb in the director's chair and Garfield's natural charm, can offer up the kind of experience that Raimi's movies never could.

We've got to move beyond the notion of a reboot as being a bad thing. Regardless of the generational positives – there are 12 year-old fans that likely didn't see Raimi's Spider-Man in theaters – reboots serve to refocus the passion we have for our favorite characters and properties. Would you rather see a disinterested filmmaker tackle a fourth installment just to make a quick buck, or a whole new group of talented folk who want to make the best movie they can? Reboots are the way of the future, and it's time to get on board.
Hero Worship: Why the Spider-Man Reboot Will be Amazing - Comics Feature at IGN

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 07-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #67
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
HD version much better

jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2011, 08:21 PM   #68

Oh man that has me so stoked! Except the first-person part. It looks like a goofy 3D thrill ride
Old 08-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #69
I don't get it

looked like first person shooting game like battiefield 2 lols
Stormspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #70
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
the first person thing would be fuckin sick and such a good idea and nice change but only if it was real not cgi, which would be so hard to do... we've all seen spiderman swingin from webs from buildings, but seeing it from his perspective could really give you a feel for what its like.

i dont know how many times i can keep watching a spiderman1 tho. it has to be the best known superhero story out there.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #71
SardaukarMod

I'm hoping for Dr. Connor/The Lizard to be the villain this time. I'm thinking that could be that older dirty blonde-haired guy in the lab coat? Unless I missed someone mentioning who the villain was going to be this time around.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #72
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
thank god, no more kirsten dunst as mary jane.

also, eric foreman =/= venom.
hahaha amen to that. kirsten was terrible! mj is supposed to be gorgeous dammit! lol
Hummus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:43 AM   #73
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Oh man that has me so stoked! Except the first-person part. It looks like a goofy 3D thrill ride
You mean this part?

This post thanked by: