REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #76
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I would hate to argue with you on revscene, but this is revscene....

Based on the price quote, I am looking for
- cut about 2 inch of Supersprint Stainless steel downpipe off the straight section. Weld it back.
As simple as I can mention to you, I've a real JDM exhaust (which JDM exhaust is a big longer than USDM exhaust due to the difference in length of the downpipe).

So, why do I wanna buy a ebay exhaust or downpipe? anyhow, I've sold my subaru long ago and glad I would not go to PDM anymore. I can get all my stuff from other shops or get other shops to work on my cars now. I'll try hard to stay away from 240's too.

Why are you trying so hard to defend PDM? I'm a customer, and I get to complaint if I'm felt that i'm not being treated the way I'm supposed to be.
DON have full right to turn away my business, I've my full right not to bring my business there. And Also, I'll try to "INFORM" all my friends not to go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Now that we have more detail, let's take a closer look.
On the down pipe, I can only assume your car is not an Sti or else the pipe would fit properly.
If that is the case, is there any reason why you didn't get on that fits properly?
And if your car is an Sti, why doesn't the down pipe fit properly?

What material is the down pipe made of? What type of finish does it have? Is it really as straight forward as cutting and welding on a flange?

I know another RS member was quoted $600 to do a custom wastegate dump on his Sti. It was on the high side, but not too far off of what he ended up paying from RR.

As for alignment there's only 3 weeks in a year, other than Christmas and New Years, where he is busy enough to turn business away. Given how much time and $$$ he has dumped into his race car, I think you can cut him some slack for putting your alignment second to his race car.

Just so you understand, it is pretty much the biggest autoX weekend in the Pacific Northwest. Over 1000 cars participate over 2 days. And I would believe he has some sponsorship so placing well might be very important for him.

As for me, you might think I am biased, but there is a number of times where he went above and beyond as a friend/fellow autoXer/mechanic and the same thing will be said from other racers, as well as the fact that he gives back to the local autoX scene as a sponsor. So I am willing to cut him some slack, and will be his voice while being the grammar police.
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2010, 10:26 PM   #77
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Not having been there, I can't say for sure, but I don't have any problems with them when I go there, and I am not a true regular customer.

You might have caught him in a busy time, or you might have done something to make him upset.
Quote:
I'm not defending him, but showing his side of the story since he isn't here to defend himself.

I've known him long enough to know what he is like and some of these stories makes sense and I can believe it is true.
Quote:
As for me, you might think I am biased, but there is a number of times where he went above and beyond as a friend/fellow autoXer/mechanic and the same thing will be said from other racers, as well as the fact that he gives back to the local autoX scene as a sponsor. So I am willing to cut him some slack, and will be his voice while being the grammar police.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #78
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Quote:
That makes you a lot less in line with the people that complain on this thread.

Again, I'm not biased, I don't own a 240, I buy my stuff elsewhere and get them installed elsewhere, because it's not an AutoX car or race car. If you catch my drift (That get me kicked out of autoX career in the first place)

Good luck with whatever you are pursuing. I'll never understand race shops or people that take racing seriously.

Bad customer service is bad customer service though, like this guy said.

Quote:
DON might have good sportsmanship, but not Customer service skills.
DON might have good alignment skills, but not Customer service skills.
DON might have built fast 240s, but not Customer service skills.
DON might have an established race shop, but not Customer service skills.
DON might be busy with all the races he have to attend, but not Customer service skills.

Got that?
It's all business, nothing more. And he's not covering that up either.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
Old 01-21-2010, 06:52 PM   #79
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
ok enough with the ragging on shops, seems like the IT thing to do on the start of this new year.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Closed Thread