REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #26
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

edit
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2010, 03:35 PM   #27
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

ok..... wth
Old 01-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #28
Circle Stick Square Mod

i buy parts from him, his work is fine, just hope you catch him on a good day

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

Old 01-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #29
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

DON is rude in general, period !!

I'd been there for Motul, Brake lines, exhaust, etc. And his employee seems fine sometimes, but once I'm there to pick up, DON would be like the last person you want your parts from.

- I've waited 2 week for a custom PDM in house Stainless brake line, and DON won't make it until I showed up in his shop watching him make it in 10 minutes.

- I've called for a quote to cut and weld an exhaust for a Subaru WRX, and DON told me to search Ebay because he would charge me closer to 6 bills for a simple cut and weld on 3" exhaust flange.

- I've called trying to book in an aligement for my Garage Queen and DON refused to do it cause his shop is busy. Told me to call again in a few weeks.

I might just be unfortunate to catch him on the wrong times, but ..... no way I'm returning to PDM and I'll continue to spread the bad words about their customer service. As long as I can inform all my friends to stay away from PDM even for small business, PDM probably lost about 30-40 business opportunity because of my bad experience with them.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #30
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Bad mood or not, we all go through moods and it's prudent to keep your problems to yourself. This is business, not an opportunity to take your problems out on someone.

+1 to both Dale's Alignment and Garage Five. I've had excellent experiences at both and regardless of price I will return as a customer because they treat me with respect.

Kev
Agreed. Especially if you know you're working in a business which has you constantly dealing with customers. Everyone has their bad days but professionalism means you can put the moods aside. Reflects badly on you and your company.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #31
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEB View Post
DON is rude in general, period !!

I'd been there for Motul, Brake lines, exhaust, etc. And his employee seems fine sometimes, but once I'm there to pick up, DON would be like the last person you want your parts from.

- I've waited 2 week for a custom PDM in house Stainless brake line, and DON won't make it until I showed up in his shop watching him make it in 10 minutes.

- I've called for a quote to cut and weld an exhaust for a Subaru WRX, and DON told me to search Ebay because he would charge me closer to 6 bills for a simple cut and weld on 3" exhaust flange.

- I've called trying to book in an aligement for my Garage Queen and DON refused to do it cause his shop is busy. Told me to call again in a few weeks.

I might just be unfortunate to catch him on the wrong times, but ..... no way I'm returning to PDM and I'll continue to spread the bad words about their customer service. As long as I can inform all my friends to stay away from PDM even for small business, PDM probably lost about 30-40 business opportunity because of my bad experience with them.
Can't comment on the SS brake line, but I won't make judgement without knowing his side of the story.

Simple cut and weld 3 inch flange. By any chance would this be on the exhaust or some harder metal to make a poor man's exhaust?
I know he charged very little to cut the stock pipes and weld on flanges for a 90 degree dump tube.

When did you try to book your alignment? If it was in the summer during racing season, there is a good chance he was busy getting his race cars ready for a big US event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 01-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Dale's Alignment ftw.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #33
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Not having been there, I can't say for sure, but I don't have any problems with them when I go there, and I am not a true regular customer.
You're sure defending them a lot for a place where most of the people in this thread have confirmed the same things, that the guy is rude, and you need to 'catch him on a good day'.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #34
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I've been going to PDM for about a year now, anything from buying oil, to getting my clutch replaced, to coilover install, etc and here are my thoughts.

The technician is a great guy, good to get info from, and chill.
The owner is 90% of the time, a rude jerk. Terrible customer service skills.

HOWEVER..... They do good work, with good results, for fair prices. So I keep going. I've been to another shop in Burnaby, but their work isn't as good as PDM, unfortunately.
Because of this, I go to PDM.
However, I NEVER recommend PDM to anyone, even if they do good work.

I've never been to Garage5 because it's so far in Richmond. I might go to check it out.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #35
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
The tech I absolutely don't mind, he's actually pretty nice.

But because of don, the one experience ruined it for me.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-19-2010, 05:20 PM   #36
Corny FTW!! MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
I heard many good things about Dale's Alignment, but they are always fully booked and kind of out of my way in Langley.
I know Im in the minority but I had a fucked up experience with Dale's. I've done quite a bit of research and found that they had overwhelmingly positive feedback.

I call to book an appointment they asked about the car. I gave them the details. Anyways, on the day of the appointment they call me two hours before my appointment to get me to come in early. Because they're closing early. I told them that there is not way since I was still fixing something with the car and I won't be able to come in that early. They told me they wouldn't be able to do my car that day. I spoke to the shop manager and he then proceeded to give me quite the tongue lashing. About the fact that I was being "demanding".

Didn't feel I was really demanding pretty choked about the whole incident.

Sponsored by:
Soundsgood

For all your car audio needs!
#3-910 Tupper Avenue
Coquitlam, BC V3K 1A5
Shop: 604-961-8626
www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday, 9:00 to 6:00
Old 01-19-2010, 05:25 PM   #37
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I've been a customer of pdm for more than six years -- bought parts, alignment services, and installs. Most of that was done by Don and I've never had an issue with him.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #38
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

droping mad cash = happy

small stuff = rude
Old 01-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #39
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Can't comment on the SS brake line, but I won't make judgement without knowing his side of the story.

Simple cut and weld 3 inch flange. By any chance would this be on the exhaust or some harder metal to make a poor man's exhaust?
I know he charged very little to cut the stock pipes and weld on flanges for a 90 degree dump tube.

When did you try to book your alignment? If it was in the summer during racing season, there is a good chance he was busy getting his race cars ready for a big US event.

I don't even care if PDM is own by your father or someting,
you can defece PDM all day long.

Bottom line is, Don at PDM is an asshole, and I'm not the one who felt the same way. (I'm actually very suprised by LARGE number of ppl who had similar experience)

I won't ever go again, and I'll stop every one I know from going to PDM.

done.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
You're sure defending them a lot for a place where most of the people in this thread have confirmed the same things, that the guy is rude, and you need to 'catch him on a good day'.
I'm not defending him, but showing his side of the story since he isn't here to defend himself.

I've known him long enough to know what he is like and some of these stories makes sense and I can believe it is true. It it was 2 weeks before the National Tour weekend in Washington, even racers can't get a minute of his time as he is working on his own race car.

As for the custom brake line, maybe it is because it only takes 10 minutes to make, yet cost $$$ in parts in case the guy flakes. I can understand why he would wait till the guy shows up to make up the brake line.

But hey, it sure is fun watching a fight when only one side shows up.

Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 01-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #41
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
While we're at it, I'll put in another vote for Garage 5. Nothing but top-notch service with great prices every time I've been. You can even go there any day they're open and expect the same friendly people!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by joh View Post
I don't even care if PDM is own by your father or someting,
you can defece PDM all day long.

Bottom line is, Don at PDM is an asshole, and I'm not the one who felt the same way. (I'm actually very suprised by LARGE number of ppl who had similar experience)

I won't ever go again, and I'll stop every one I know from going to PDM.

done.
That's fine. You have your opinions and are free to express them here, just like I am free to express my opinions, but please use correct english for starters.

If PDM is as bad as everyone claims, I'm sure they will have no business and close up shop.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 01-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #43
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
I bought parts from Don, and did my alignment there too.

Other than the pricey part, I would recommend them to my friends, and I have.

My Alignment only ended up being pricey because they were trying to fix my rear camber for a bit, but the bolt ended up being seized, and I had them redo my height twice. I also rebalanced my rims there too and found out that it was WAY WAY off on all of them. The shop I had it done at before did it twice and it still ended up being fucked until I brought it to Don.

They do great work, and I'd say I'm a regular customer there.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #44
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
That's fine. You have your opinions and are free to express them here, just like I am free to express my opinions, but please use correct english for starters.

If PDM is as bad as everyone claims, I'm sure they will have no business and close up shop.

picking on grammar.. how classic

hey guess what? this is Revscene.

I don't need to speak proper English
Old 01-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #45
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

+1 for Don and PDM as a business. I've had nothing but positive interactions since I've recently started bringing my car there.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #46

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
This is the same ordeal as Muffler Man vs Quiet Muffler in Burnaby.

Both shops have their positive comments and their negative comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #47

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Don's ok he knows his stuff. But Whiteline stuff don't last in Vancouver weather. Did have a mishap with Don in the past but he righted it for me. So I think it's all just business.

OP might have asked something really weird/retarded/stupid that he would rather not spend time to teach you how it really is?

Elaborate on what you "asked him about your car".

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
Old 01-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #48
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
had my alignment done there too. as the others have said, technician was a nice guy but the owner seemed like an asshole. plus, i only heard him say one sentence and it wasn't even directed at me. his facial expression and body language sceamed "i'm an asshole"
Spoiler!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:25 PM   #49
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Got the volvo aligned there one time, skinny tech dude was nice and talkative to me. Showed me the cars he was building. Don did seem kinda rude, hard to engage in conversation.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #50
Need my Daily Fix of RS

dude why pay g5 "the middle man" just go to the source at sakos and pay half price
Closed Thread