REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Official Sports Gambling THREAD!!

So tips pointers picks!

Havent seen this on RS so I decided to start one.
Advertisement
DuhDang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
Drk
I don't get it

Tried playing sports action a couple times, hard as hell to win.
Drk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

Anyone check out Sports Actions new Prop bet?
The bets are on weird shit like Canucks score first in 1st period.
H sedin gets a goal etc etc
DuhDang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
i suck at betting, won like twice in sports action out of many
Old 02-12-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I wanna try betting one time divi just go to the lottery place and tell them u wanna bet on a game?
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #6
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhDang View Post
Anyone check out Sports Actions new Prop bet?
The bets are on weird shit like Canucks score first in 1st period.
H sedin gets a goal etc etc
that stuff has been around forever in other countries.. we are just farrr behind.. there ain't even that many things to bet rite now on props ~ i hope they'll expand it later especially when worldcup rolls around..
terkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:22 AM   #7
Jet
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

If you are an avid sports betting person online, Sports Action can be easy (well versus Vegas lines) money ... The best part of Sports Action is that once posted, the odds don't change even when significant things happen before the game versus Vegas lines that change all the time depending on what happens before game time (#1 goalie gets injured, top players get sick and so forth) ... also over and under is more forgiving on sports action, most vegas lines go with full numbers like say 5 versus sports action that gives us 5.5 (say you bet devils and canucks to go under and the final score was 3-2, using the vegas line, you don't win but for sports action you do) ...

It takes a lot of work to actually make bets and calculating your best bets so to speak, but even then you still are gambling ... example of how I got screwed last week was when I bet on for CBJ to win versus Canucks (I hate betting against the Nucks but the odds were good) and for the Rangers to win versus the Pens ... CBJ was on a 3 game winning streak, Mason allowed only 1 goal in those games, Vancouver is coming off a win the last night but got in to Columbus at 3AM, playing Raycroft and CBJ was 2.15 to win (good value for all the stuff happening) ... Rangers on the other hand was also around 2.05 to win, Brent Johnson was starting for the Pens, Gavorik I believe was not playing though ... well as it turns out my Rangers game was good as they won in OT but CBJ lost it in the 3rd cause of fluke goals (betting against the Canucks is like a win/win since if they win, you're happy, if they lose, you win money or at least I try to tell myself that but I still feel bad since its like your asking them to lose) ...
Old 02-16-2010, 03:22 AM   #8
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

i like prop bets but theres no value in having 1.60 on both sides of an over/under line
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote