REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #51
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Sigh, well on the plus side I think this is one of the few threads where I have seen a "discussion" take place.
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #52
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !NiteRaven View Post
R
E
P
O
S
T

in one post/in multiple posts = annoying and also instigating for others to follow. When you see this in the first instance, in your mind you already are thinking about the repost train. This is to stop it from even happening.

"repost" in one post = normal
Okay... so now you're saying that you banned him because seeing it written out vertically in a single post is "annoying" and "reminds you of a repost train" while in fact being neither of those things?

I mean I agree that having 1 letter/post spell it out vertically is a "waste of bandwidth" and pointless, but seriously? Having him type out REPOST in one single post vertically is getting him banned just because it annoys you? It doesn't waste anymore bandwidth than "REPOST" horizontally, and doesn't "instigate for others to join in" because the REPOST train has already ended. And on top of ALL of that, he was the FIRST person to point out that this was a repost. It had not been mentioned before his post was posted.

You have NO logical reasoning behind why this guy was banned. You're coming up with shitty ideas out of your ass to stick up for yourself and it's not working. Every single person that's posted in this thread agrees that you were wrong.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #53
Banned (ABWS)

I think this is basically a warning to everybody.

Do not speak your mind. In fact, you might as well not say anything at all because it is quite possible that it might annoy !NiteRaven which will result in you getting banned.

Oh shi-...^did that annoy you !NiteRaven?? Damn, looks like I'll be getting banned....
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #54
Total victory requires total destruction

This thread is making me "lol". Mods are just bored I figure.

On topic tho:
That 'stang would still catch anyone off guard in the streets.

2007 BMW 335i (Jet Black)
2009 Subaru Forester (Obsidian Black Pearl)
2017 Sierra Elevation Z71 (Dark Slate Metallic)
Old 03-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #55

Since I haven't done it yet: I HEART THE DOOD FROM AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL WITH THE SILVER HAIR, OMGG OMGGG HE'S SOO HAWWT!!! *DROOL*
Oh shieeeeet.

And I mostly agree with Elite on this one more or less.

If that "stang" caught anyone off guard.. It would be sad haha

Last edited by CanadaGoose; 03-01-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:17 PM   #56
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
Hooray, RS has quality control/assurance. Who cares if he's banned? It's not like he can't view the forums without logging in (as in old RS), he just can't post. Boo Hoo

Many of the daily posts in VOT/VAC are just the same .gifs/.jpegs or replies anyways.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #57

I don't really give to shit's that he himself is banned, it's the reason he was banned and that it's a dumb reason compared to other things which go on here.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #58
Professional Lurker

You guys are acting like that guy complaining about getting a ticket on the skytrain assuming that winning a hockey game acts as a free ticket.
Rules are rules. they've been placed so that stupid shit like this doesn't get out of hand.

Its plain and simple:
-Don't get crafty and creative trying to say repost
-Politely inform the op that it is a repost
-If someone mention that it is a repost, don't say it again
-Just let the thread die

Sometimes, someone has to be the scapegoat in order to send the message across to the community. And obviously, being lenient didn't work before when this issue first arose on revscene because we're talking about it now.
Also as stated before, just because you've seen it, it doesn't mean everyone else have. Keep in mind that some members here don't venture out on to other forums like others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE_TRAYUNZE View Post
Do not speak your mind. In fact, you might as well not say anything at all because it is quite possible that it might annoy !NiteRaven which will result in you getting banned.
Dont speak your mind? If the word "repost" is the only thing on your mind, then you must be one dumb bitch.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #59
straight from the fields of squamton

best thead eVar
Old 03-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #60

Old 03-01-2010, 04:56 PM   #61
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
shall i go to page 1, and start reading posts of those that are complaining and just straight out skip the handing out points and flat out ban ppl?

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #62
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EX-R View Post
You guys are acting like that guy complaining about getting a ticket on the skytrain assuming that winning a hockey game acts as a free ticket.
Rules are rules. they've been placed so that stupid shit like this doesn't get out of hand.

Its plain and simple:
-Just let the thread die

Sometimes, someone has to be the scapegoat in order to send the message across to the community. And obviously, being lenient didn't work before when this issue first arose on revscene because we're talking about it now.
Also as stated before, just because you've seen it, it doesn't mean everyone else have. Keep in mind that some members here don't venture out on to other forums like others.

Actually, that situation is very different.

The train is a service that we are given and that we are supposed to pay for. When you don't pay, you are stealing. I don't think I have to give you an explanation of why stealing is wrong, do I?

On the other hand, this situation involves somebody making ONE post vertically (not starting a train, which would therefore waste bandwidth). There is no harm done.

Oh wait, nevermind, there is harm done. The vertical post reminds !NiteRaven of a train. That's not good. This means ban.

Quote:
Dont speak your mind? If the word "repost" is the only thing on your mind, then you must be one dumb bitch.
I'm sure there's a lot more things than the word "REPOST" being typed out vertically that annoy !NiteRaven.....
Old 03-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #63
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
shall i go to page 1, and start reading posts of those that are complaining and just straight out skip the handing out points and flat out ban ppl?
If you have a legit reason to ban them, then, by all means, please do so.

However, if you are banning them because their posts annoy you, then you are on a powertrip.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #64
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
RCMP is BC citizens' role model
Old 03-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #65
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

About time this is being enforced again. There was a point where the second post in every thread was "Repost". If it is, why do people need to point it out?

How about making it simple, no "Repost" in any way shape or form?
Old 03-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #66
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

normally in a democracy yes.

but i really dont need to have a legit reason. ive gained enough koodoos points over the years to not give 2 shits anymore. i gain nothing by running this site, take endless abuse, and just have to laugh at ppl crying and whining over the lamest things.

am i power tripping, yeah, am i allowed to? HELL YEAH

Quote:
If you have a legit reason to ban them, then, by all means, please do so.

However, if you are banning them because their posts annoy you, then you are on a powertrip.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #67
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

and just like the RCMP, everyone loves to give them shit, but when something positive happens, everyone just expects it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
RCMP is BC citizens' role model

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 03-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #68
Total victory requires total destruction

^ lawl

gotta love rs.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #69
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

thats just how it is. you can use that same exact line "gotta love ______________" on just about every webforum... love it or hate it, the REPOST shit is annoying, and ppl are just chiming in their 2 cents because they love trolling...

lets face it, you cant in the real life.

the brutual truth, the REPOST thing is fucking annoying. if u got nothing good to add, why post?

you should see the ppl that crumble when their accounts are banned, and their beloved post counts are gone. its heart breaking, yet creepy that such meaningless things surround their lives.

how different are they from hyde's delusions of elevating ones self based on their post count or username...

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 03-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #70
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
normally in a democracy yes.

but i really dont need to have a legit reason. ive gained enough koodoos points over the years to not give 2 shits anymore. i gain nothing by running this site, take endless abuse, and just have to laugh at ppl crying and whining over the lamest things.

am i power tripping, yeah, am i allowed to? HELL YEAH
Well that's pretty cool.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #71
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:

Its plain and simple:
-Just let the thread die

finally, someone that actually understood my intentions.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #72
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
About time this is being enforced again. There was a point where the second post in every thread was "Repost". If it is, why do people need to point it out?

How about making it simple, no "Repost" in any way shape or form?
thought about that, but ofcourse that would be called power tripping and nazi.

so I left it open with a comprimise, and up to each individual moderator. Fair to let one person point out it's a repost, beyond that it is just pointless.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #73
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !NiteRaven View Post
finally, someone that actually understood my intentions.
Quote:

The train is a service that we are given and that we are supposed to pay for. When you don't pay, you are stealing. I don't think I have to give you an explanation of why stealing is wrong, do I?

On the other hand, this situation involves somebody making ONE post vertically (not starting a train, which would therefore waste bandwidth). There is no harm done.

Oh wait, nevermind, there is harm done. The vertical post reminds !NiteRaven of a train. That's not good. This means ban.

I'm sure there's a lot more things than the word "REPOST" being typed out vertically that annoy !NiteRaven.....
Old 03-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #74
Professional Lurker

Quote:

let me rephrase that for you

RS is a service that we are given and where we are suppose to follow the forum rules. when you dont follow, you are being problematic. I dont think i have to give you an explanation of why being problematic is wrong, do I?

OR

RS is a service that we are given and where we dont have to pay for. SO QUIT BITCHING
Old 03-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #75
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
let me rephrase that for you

RS is a service that we are given and where we are suppose to follow the forum rules. when you dont follow, you are being problematic. I dont think i have to give you an explanation of why being problematic is wrong, do I?

OR

RS is a service that we are given and where we dont have to pay for. SO QUIT BITCHING
Let me explain something to you. Disobedience of rules is only problematic when there is a legit reasoning as to why the rule has been placed.

The fact that it annoys !NiteRaven doesn't sound like a legit enough reason to me, or several other members that have posted in this thread...
Closed Thread