REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

Why do people keep going to Richmond Acura? I have never heard a single good thing about them LOL.

OP: For $230 I can see why they didn't do a very good job. They probably got the lot boy to install it LOL. I think they should have charged more and got a pro to install it.
Advertisement
RollingStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:07 AM   #27
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quatchi View Post
OP: For $230 I can see why they didn't do a very good job. They probably got the lot boy to install it LOL. I think they should have charged more and got a pro to install it.
Really? I've got several quotes from aftermarket shops such as BoomPlus Toys and A&J Racing. They all quoted me about $200 for installation of a new lip kit. I didn't know $230 is a cheap price to get a lip kit installed.
Pally777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:16 AM   #28
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Do the math.. $230 is barely 2 hours of shop time. Do you expect perfection?

Even factory additions requires a certain amount of finesse because a lot of the time, plastic body parts flex change after the car leaves the lot.

Oh and glue do take time to cure especially in cold weather, now you are disappointed at the law of physics too?

BTW you should have stuck to your guns and refuse to sign off on the order.. now the car has left the dealership, your negotiation power and legal standing have been weakened. As with anything check the work before you sign off on anything (no matter it is a Ferrari or Kia dealership).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pally777 View Post
Really? I've got several quotes from aftermarket shops such as BoomPlus Toys and A&J Racing. They all quoted me about $200 for installation of a new lip kit. I didn't know $230 is a cheap price to get a lip kit installed.

Last edited by godwin; 03-09-2010 at 09:22 AM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
Do the math.. $230 is barely 2 hours of shop time. Do you expect perfection?

Oh and glue do take time to cure especially in cold weather, now you are disappointed at the law of physics too?
It's about 2.5 hours of shop time according to parts associate when he quoted me the price. It doesn't take more than that to properly install the kit by professionals (which I assumed they were being an Acura dealer).

It takes time for the glue to cure, I agree. That's why they already kept my car for the installation starting noon, then overnight and until the next day at 6pm when I went to pick up the car. I think that's sufficient time is it not?

Quote:
BTW you should have stuck to your guns and refuse to sign off on the order.. now the car has left the dealership, your negotiation power and legal standing have been weakened. As with anything check the work before you sign off on anything (no matter it is a Ferrari or Kia dealership).
I agree, I shouldn't have left the lot with my car. I'm too soft when it comes to dealing with these sort of things. I did tell the service rep that I saw issues with the front lip when I picked up the car that night. She assured me I can come back Mon-Fri to speak with the technician on the issue. You are right though, I should have refused to pay until it is resolved.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #30
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Really? Acura only charges $80 for shop price? That's much lower than even 3rd party shops. Where $230/(2.5*1.15).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pally777 View Post
It's about 2.5 hours of shop time according to parts associate when he quoted me the price. It doesn't take more than that to properly install the kit by professionals (which I assumed they were being an Acura dealer).
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #31

Quote:
Really? Acura only charges $80 for shop price? That's much lower than even 3rd party shops. Where $230/(2.5*1.15).
They either gave me a discount on their install price or their hourly labour's been dropped.

Regardless of price. If they say they'll install it, it needs to be done properly. That's the issue I have with them. If they can't do it properly for the price they quoted me on, then don't quote me that price. Simple business.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #32

Actually, I forgot to add to my story about how they didn't even pack my stock side skirts into my car nor did they notify me that I have these parts left over from the install.

They kept it in the shop. Probably hoping I wouldn't know. I only got them back when I requested for them. I think I'm still missing some fog light covers that fit on my bumper that were removed for the new front lip.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #33
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
lol richmond acura is a joke.

I went in to ask for a quote for a new side mirror on an MDX. The dude quote me 350. I said ill come back to buy it another time.

When i go back 2 days later with a friend who works at a bodyshop (to get some discount), the dude at acura said its 450. Im going wtf?! Of course that first guy I spoke to is off that day so I couldn't speak with him. This other guy said the first guy probably checked the price for a RDX instead.

So my friend and I made a scene and this second guy lowered the price to 300-ish.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
the best way to payback Richmond Acura is to take your biz elsewhere. When I leased my TL there back in 2005, the sales mgr was the biggest cock I have ever met...some asian dude who wishes he was white...what a douche....he actually said to me....fuck you, if you don't want it, I have lots of customers who are waiting for your car.....
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #35
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

i wouldnt even get into my super long story

Richmond Acura crashed my brand new car nuff said
bomboi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #36
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
^ elaborate!!

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #37
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Yeah that place is horrible. Was looking at a new TL and the guy said he wouldn't negotiate on the price until I put down a deposit to "make sure I was serious." I just said "no" and left. I would have bought it had the right price been reached, but their arrogant attitude ensured they didn't.
ivanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #38
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
^ elaborate!!
dont really wanna get into it as it would take me an hr to type everything out

but the jist of it is that

i bought a brand new car from Richmond Acura

bought it back for service 3 months later

and came back out with 3 grand worth of damage to my car
bomboi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #39
Female Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthFighter View Post
i've consistently had not so great service from all dealers in richmond. vancouver dealers usually have been great accross different brands.
^ +1

UGH signature mazda is a bitch..bro lookn for a new car and wanted to test drive the mx-5..the dealer said no, can't test drive..its not like we don't have the money for it == anyways, well we then asked him if we can just look at the inside of the car..
he took out the key and he couldnt open the doors cus the remote battery died..OKAY..btw..when you walk inside, NO ONE comes to greet you or help you, they ignore you pretending they are busy

----------------------------------
Before sex, you help each other get naked. After sex, you only dress yourself.
Moral of story: In life, no one helps you once you're fucked.
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #40
I bringith the lowerballerith

ill never forget my experience at richmond acura. my battery got disconnected for the first time and i didnt have the code for the radio. went ona few forums and they said u need the serial number and they can retrieve it. i get the code and go to richmond acura ( thats where the car was bought) tell them my situation. the guys like "oh we cant get the code ur cars to old, i also have a dentist appointment come back later when im not busy" i was like wtf service is this. go to burrard acura they get the code in 5 min

1992 Black Acura Integra GS-R #470
kookoobird88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelydriver View Post
On a side note, if you ever go back to Richmond Acura, I recommend you deal with the non-chinese (I'm chinese). Don't even go talk to the service advisor named Teresa. Most of them are turds and they think they are better than you. I've so far had excellent experience with the service advisor name Dave? I forgot his name but he is the only caucasian there.
i used to go there with my car for service with a caucasian dude, not sure if it's the same exact one u talking about, mine is an old dude with glasses, anyways my csx's wiper turns on automatically once in a while, i told that dude about it, it took him 6 HOURS to find out the goddamn problem, when he told me about it it was the wiper's motor being buggy or smth then asked me if i wanna fix it now and it took him another 2 HOURS to come back out and tell me he didn't have the parts and come back in another time...he wasted 8 hours of my life

not to mention whenever i do service with him, it's always 5 hour +

richmond acura is a fail...both the sales department and service department
dimdiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #42
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
^ i did that over the phone with richmond honda and they got me my code in less than 5 min

but ya OP thats complete bullshit, go back and ask why nobody warned you about the warped bumper problem BEFORE the sale, if they know theres potentially problems with installing a lip on an older car (which yours isn't) they should have told you front and centre

plus, the courtesy car fiasco sounds like they gave you a customers car or something by mistake... so sketch
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #43

^ damn i should've done wat u did
but o well back then i know nothing about cars and it's my sis's car haha
dimdiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
plus, the courtesy car fiasco sounds like they gave you a customers car or something by mistake... so sketch
To their "credit", I'm pretty sure they gave me a courtesy car. The license plate on all their courtesy TSXes are "Acura1", "Acura2", etc...

I think they just couldn't sell them, so they made them into courtesy cars. It had less than 5,000km on them.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:04 AM   #45
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
^ i did that over the phone with richmond honda and they got me my code in less than 5 min

but ya OP thats complete bullshit, go back and ask why nobody warned you about the warped bumper problem BEFORE the sale, if they know theres potentially problems with installing a lip on an older car (which yours isn't) they should have told you front and centre

+1 to 5min for code. same issue, went to burrard acura and it took them five mins.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:16 AM   #46
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Richmond Acura shop rate is $110/hr (I think someone had asked about that earlier in the thread)

As for radio code, they print it on every invoice they give me for work that's done. (that's at Richmond Acura) I've never really had any problems there although all I've really had done was just scheduled oil changes.

I'm no body guy, but the fitment doesn't look that great. I'd expect something like that maybe from aftermarket non OEM parts, but not from a factory part. I'd do what everyone else is suggesting and take it up with the service manager.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #47

Well I contacted the service department manager, Martin. He seems to handle things much more professionally than the parts "manager" (I just found out he's no longer an associate) Kevin Ng.

Martin says he'll have to talk with the technician who installed it and see what his story is. However, the technician is off and Martin will be away as well. Therefore, he'll give me a call next Tuesday to see how they can resolve this.

I'm hoping Martin actually comes up with some resolution unlike Kevin who gives me an excuse and says there's nothing the dealership can do.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #48

I'm surprised by the response I got from the service manager just now over the phone (in a good way ). He said he talked to the technician and what he decided to do is to get a new front lip in for me. Then they'll install the new lip for me. He warned me that the gap issue may still exist, but at least there won't be tape sticking out of it. It'll take about 4 days for him to get the lip in and he'll give me a call to arrange the installation.

I'm hoping this actually turns out ok... I'm a bit pessimistic after the response I got earlier from their parts manager, but the service manager is much better.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:38 AM   #49
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

so, any update? it's been another week now ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:24 AM   #50

Yep, got an update.

I got a call back from the service manager and he asked me to bring my car in this past Wed so they can install the new lip. I dropped the car off early morning and the service rep who helped me was really polite. I asked her if the service manager was there while she was doing the paper work for me. She said he is usually busy in the back and that she'll take care of everything. I was hoping to speak with him, but since he setup everything already I didn't think much of it. They gave me a courtesy car (09' TSX) and I was off to work.

I get a call back from the service rep around 3:30pm. She says that there is still a slight gap between the front lip and the front bumper. "The technician tried their best" she said, so I told her I'll come check it out after I get off work.

I get there around 6pm, the service rep who helped me was already gone. I get the keys from the single remaining service rep there and I stood there for a bit thinking I need to sign something. I ask "So is there something I need to sign?" and the guy tells me "Nope, we're good". I was a bit surprised, but oh well. I go outside eager to check the work. See pictures below:

It seems they fixed the tape issue, which isn't really hard to fix honestly if they did a proper job of the installation. There is still some slight gaps, but I guess I can't expect much. There is a somewhat bigger gap on the passenger side wheel well area. Sigh... I guess they did try since they ordered a new lip spoiler in for me and reinstalled everything.

Overall, this was a much better experience dealing with the service manager (Martin), than the excuse spewing jerk of a parts manager (Kevin). I would have liked to talk to him, but it seems he never made any time to speak with me in person. I'd still recommend against going to Richmond Acura to get any lip kits installed. In my opinion, they just don't take the time nor have the expertise or tools it seems. Also, I would personally avoid buying parts from this dealership due to the parts manager... he just doesn't give a crap about you once he makes the sale.

Last edited by Pally777; 03-27-2010 at 12:37 AM.