REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-15-2010, 11:48 PM   #76
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
In direct comparison with a Fit, yes it's a con. I was comparing the two, remember?

Anyway, thanks to those who've added some useful input.
Sorry to see that your thread has gone into an ego driven argument. Anyhow, as a hockey player myself, i can say that the civic SI should fit your needs

now i'm not sure how great the Fit is in terms of cargo space, but i was able to fit 2 hockey bags in my G35, and compared to my friends civic coupe, my trunk is non existent. i'm confident that you can fit at least two bags in the civic's trunk. could probably fit another bag and person in the back seats if you put the bag parallel to the length of the car. i mean, driving one friend is usually the most you wanna pack into a car comfort wise for a compact car like a civic.

I mention the above because i can honestly say, i can't see myself driving a Fit as opposed to a Civic SI.
Advertisement
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:59 PM   #77
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
..Now i'm not sure how great the Fit is in terms of cargo space, but i was able to fit 2 hockey bags in my G35, and compared to my friends civic coupe, my trunk is non existent. i'm confident that you can fit at least two bags in the civic's trunk. could probably fit another bag and person in the back seats if you put the bag parallel to the length of the car. i mean, driving one friend is usually the most you wanna pack into a car comfort wise for a compact car like a civic..

Agree~ the civic CAN hold quite a bit of stuff, but you need to be good with organising. Every bit of space count~

To give you a better visual, the Civic Coupe has enough space to carry all the loot my girlfriend got over a 2-day Portland Outlet Shopping spree... and good enough milage for me to make one pit stop for the gas on the way back =\

But like I said, I don;t know about the Si, I had an Ex back then
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #78
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
@XTC
Try to tone it down a bit, the way you post gives me a headache and makes you sound like an immature kid.

RWD can be fun but even modern front wheel drive cars that were specially designed to handle well can keep up or even exceed rwd as seen in the BM CTR video. See, the reviewer even said that the CTR handles like a rwd and on the track can take on rwd rivals.

There is a difference between a front wheel drive that is set up to be safe and cost effective, and one that is optimized to give maximum handling and enjoyment (e.g. Type Rs)

To the OP, you said that the pros for the fit are:
reg gas, gas mileage, storage (hockey gear), less insurance

Instead of the Si coupe, get the Si sedan.
Gas mileage depends on you and how often you hit vtec. The sedan has more room for gear and people. It costs less to insure because its a 4dr and it will be slightly cheaper to purchase (I think its less $200 from the coupe). The si sedan has more than enough torque to get you wherever you want and it handles well enough too thanks to a suspension that is tuned more towards being sporty and it has an LSD.

Also, the Si drives so much better and being able to hit vtec and the 8000 rpm redline makes it way more fun than a stock fit.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2010, 12:18 AM   #79
I don't get it

I love how all the SI threads Ive seen on revscene have ended up being FC worthy. This car gets all the love.

I don't know if I want to call my car a sports car exactly haha. I don't think it's exactly an econobox either, since the engine loves to spin high and it's not exactly fuel efficient. At least it puts up a good fight with anything in the same price range and that's all it matters. Dude with a mommy-bought s2k and clk won't understand how these comparisons work.

And the reason why type R gets so much respect: despite its displacement and FWD setup and weight, Honda managed to optimize the car so much that it has consistently beat s2k stock-to-stock in all the BM videos I've seen. I don't know about the price though.

OP: any alternative options that you might be exploring? Do you want more fun or fuel economy? I can't get more than 500/tank on my SI driving mostly surrey/highway haha
Toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:37 AM   #80
14 dolla balla & Bradford Chow aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4@urdoor View Post
Hey you little racist shit head, im not Chinese FYI, the only civic i've ever personally owned is 100% stock for DD.
I'm a big white boy and I doubt you would be using that tone if we had this discussion face to face.
I don't like riced out civics either, but you are getting way too out of hand with this anti-civic. anti FF shit. I appreciate the k20 engine, as well as type R development from Honda. So what? It's a fucking awesome engine. i-VTEC is a considerable engineering feat. Does that make me a ricer?
If I still had my small block datsun id come run you over in it.
List me some project cars you've had? You seem to talk shit like no other.
No RC toys don't count.
Racist shit head? i'm chinese. It was another joke if you didn't get it already. I'm not anti civic, just i am able to realize what the civic is and not praise it like fucking god. I'm not anti FF either, just pointing out what the limits of that platform is and thats under 250whp. ie i love mini coopers specially the Cooper S with JCW package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toeknee View Post
I love how all the SI threads Ive seen on revscene have ended up being FC worthy. This car gets all the love.

I don't know if I want to call my car a sports car exactly haha. I don't think it's exactly an econobox either, since the engine loves to spin high and it's not exactly fuel efficient. At least it puts up a good fight with anything in the same price range and that's all it matters. Dude with a mommy-bought s2k and clk won't understand how these comparisons work.

And the reason why type R gets so much respect: despite its displacement and FWD setup and weight, Honda managed to optimize the car so much that it has consistently beat s2k stock-to-stock in all the BM videos I've seen. I don't know about the price though.

OP: any alternative options that you might be exploring? Do you want more fun or fuel economy? I can't get more than 500/tank on my SI driving mostly surrey/highway haha
BTW in their own respective markets. The Si is probably competing against the MS3, SRT4, Colbalt Turbo, which i prefer all over to the Si except that colbalt. And those cars offer better value, more standard features.
Lmao if your argument is that my "mommy" bought me my S2K and Clk thats pretty weak. Cause quite obviously i'm suggesting the OP to get the Fit. If anything the S2000 has an even more econobox interior than both those cars. The price i've posted is accurate. Check the malaysian website for honda or honda.co.jp if you wish. Relatively sure that if they brought it here, it'd be for 49g, brembo brakes bbs wheels and what not. Ya it beats the s2k stock to stock, but what honda has done to it, isn't exactly what i'd call normal either.
PS i bought the s2k myself, just love it when people automatically assume mommy bought it when its nicer than what someone else has.

Last edited by XtC-604; 03-16-2010 at 12:43 AM.
XtC-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:46 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4@urdoor View Post
Hey you little racist shit head, im not Chinese FYI, the only civic i've ever personally owned is 100% stock for DD.
I'm a big white boy and I doubt you would be using that tone if we had this discussion face to face.
I don't like riced out civics either, but you are getting way too out of hand with this anti-civic. anti FF shit. I appreciate the k20 engine, as well as type R development from Honda. So what? It's a fucking awesome engine. i-VTEC is a considerable engineering feat. Does that make me a ricer?
If I still had my small block datsun id come run you over in it.
List me some project cars you've had? You seem to talk shit like no other.
No RC toys don't count.
Talk shit? i'm stating facts here. I guess you just can't handle a heated debate can you. Run along now, go rip around in your Civic like a race car mmk?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #82
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC-604 View Post
Racist shit head? i'm chinese. It was another joke if you didn't get it already. I'm not anti civic, just i am able to realize what the civic is and not praise it like fucking god. I'm not anti FF either, just pointing out what the limits of that platform is and thats under 250whp. ie i love mini coopers specially the Cooper S with JCW package.

BTW in their own respective markets. The Si is probably competing against the MS3, SRT4, Colbalt Turbo, which i prefer all over to the Si except that colbalt. And those cars offer better value, more standard features.
Lmao if your argument is that my "mommy" bought me my S2K and Clk thats pretty weak. Cause quite obviously i'm suggesting the OP to get the Fit. If anything the S2000 has an even more econobox interior than both those cars. The price i've posted is accurate. Check the malaysian website for honda or honda.co.jp if you wish. Relatively sure that if they brought it here, it'd be for 49g, brembo brakes bbs wheels and what not. Ya it beats the s2k stock to stock, but what honda has done to it, isn't exactly what i'd call normal either.
PS i bought the s2k myself, just love it when people automatically assume mommy bought it when its nicer than what someone else has.
Ok I have nothing against you anymore then because I don't priase civic like god. I don't think anyone does actually. I think you just came out strongly as a civic hater, which I believe you when you say you're not. When people in this thread mentioned that it's a sporty car, it's all relative to a fit, which is a reasonable statement.

For the price, I meant I'm not sure about how to justify it. I think Honda fandom is half the factor in making people fork over so much money. Personally I'd get STi for that money.
Toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:44 AM   #83
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
If you're comparing the Si to those cars, all you must care about it straight line speed. That is not the end all be all for a car.

Take into account how fun it is to drive. The Si is not the fastest car but it really is fun to drive and that fun factor alone is enough to convince many people to choose it over those cars. You should understand the benefits of a high revving engine on a small light platform that handles well as an owner of an s2k.

Oh and the interior of the s2k is not econobox like. I like to think of it as purposeful
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #84
Banned (BBM)

Exige must be a ecnobox too, the interior looks like shit
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #85
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

lets just say anything you can do to gain more power in a fit can be done to an si

FIT+TURBO=FAST
SI+TURBO=FASTER
Old 03-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #86
THEY HATE US CUZ THEY AIN'T US

I actually had the same thought between si and fit....in the end..Im picking up my 2010 white sedan si this weekend. It's more practical for me and of course fun to drive. "vtec just kick in yo!"
Posted via RS Mobile
exhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toeknee View Post
Ok I have nothing against you anymore then because I don't priase civic like god. I don't think anyone does actually. I think you just came out strongly as a civic hater, which I believe you when you say you're not. When people in this thread mentioned that it's a sporty car, it's all relative to a fit, which is a reasonable statement.

For the price, I meant I'm not sure about how to justify it. I think Honda fandom is half the factor in making people fork over so much money. Personally I'd get STi for that money.
I'm not hating the civic, i just believe its not worth the money they are selling it for. Like i said earlier, relative to the fit i would still say the SI is only peppier than the fit. 400lb diff covered only by 66nm TQ. so in an every day commute the Fit is funner to drive. More accessible low range TQ that you don't have to beat the living shit out of to get to. Trust me on this one. The S2000 i have, you really have to beat the shit out of it.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #88
Banned (BBM)

FIt is like $21-22g before taxes

SI is like $27-28g before taxes

how is that a rip off

s2k new was selling $47g

Exige is like $60-70g for a 2zz GTS engine
all 4 n.a cylinder needs to be revved in order to make power, simple as that

mazda speed 3 must be a rip off too right? becuz it costs nearly $10g more than a regular mazda 3

the 2.0 should be FUN to drive around the city, and more than enough power to purchase ur daily grocery.

the M3 is nothing more than just a beefed up 323 that charges people 3 times more, according to your theory
Old 03-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
FIt is like $21-22g before taxes

SI is like $27-28g before taxes

how is that a rip off

s2k new was selling $47g

Exige is like $60-70g for a 2zz GTS engine
all 4 n.a cylinder needs to be revved in order to make power, simple as that

mazda speed 3 must be a rip off too right? becuz it costs nearly $10g more than a regular mazda 3

the 2.0 should be FUN to drive around the city, and more than enough power to purchase ur daily grocery.

the M3 is nothing more than just a beefed up 323 that charges people 3 times more, according to your theory
I said compared to it's competitors. Say for example the MS3, projectors, 263 hp(lets not even go to TQs)
MAZDASPEED half-leather, sport type bucket seats
Intelligent key system (keyless entry and push button start)
Colour Multi-Information Display System (MID) with compact navigation screen
Bluetooth® Hands-free phone system with AudioProfile®
60/40 split fold-down rear seatback
AM/FM 6-Disc CD player with MP3 capability , Bose 10-speaker audio system
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
Alloy foot pedals and driver's alloy foot rest, perforated design
Black leather-wrapped with red stitching shift knob and 3-spoke steering wheel
8-way power adjustable driver's seat with memory function
Theres quite a few interior differences, not to mention the ext and performance including DIRECT INJECTION engine. IIRC alot of the above are options for the SI and some aren't even available.

We're talking about DDs here. I'd think very few DD an exige.
Its also well known that S2ks had a huge markup in canada. compared to say the states 33k USD

Face it, Hondas are quite overpriced now, trending very much like toyota making appliances. Whatever happened to all the real sports cars NSX and the S2000. Honda expects their followers to just simmer down to a Civic Si or a TL-SHAWD for fun cars.

Last edited by XtC-604; 03-16-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #90
Banned (BBM)

true, but you gotta admite hondas in general are a lot more reliable compare to others brands. Subie, mitsu, nissan, mazda, hell even toyota. You can rev all day and its still reliable, as long as you do your regular maintenance and no mis shifts.

K20 has proven itself, better than the old b series. its reliable, and responde well to bolt ons with Kpro tune.

indeed the s2k sold in canada is way overprice, US MSRP was around $37-40g i believe
Old 03-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #91

Quote:
true, but you gotta admite hondas in general are a lot more reliable compare to others brands. Subie, mitsu, nissan, mazda, hell even toyota. You can rev all day and its still reliable, as long as you do your regular maintenance and no mis shifts.

K20 has proven itself, better than the old b series. its reliable, and responde well to bolt ons with Kpro tune.

indeed the s2k sold in canada is way overprice, US MSRP was around $37-40g i believe
Reliability i find is always a fun topic lol. People say german cars are unreliable, specially the electronics. My CLK has had no problems with it's electricals, only a shattered diff but that was under warranty. People say japanese cars are reliable but thats not entirely the case. I have a friend with an MDX shawd, who has had numerous problems with that AWD system. There are going to be lemons in every brand. So i hardly ever pay attention to these brand reputations. I look at the recall/TSB list instead.

The s2k had a price of 33.5k USD, i was debating whether i wanted a brand new AP2 or an AP1
Old 03-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #92
Banned (BBM)

older TL/MDX with their stupid auto tranny had numerous problems, new ones are a lot better.

germans are good to look at, well engineered. But too many friends and relatives had problems with theirs. 01 A4, 05 A4, 01 S4, A6, first gen ML,other benz, first gen X5 4.4 and others with numerous problems. Repair bills are sick to look at

Co workers 08 GTi the fuel pump went before it even hit 40,000km, luckily it was covered under warranty
Old 03-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #93

Quote:
older TL/MDX with their stupid auto tranny had numerous problems, new ones are a lot better.

germans are good to look at, well engineered. But too many friends and relatives had problems with theirs. 01 A4, 05 A4, 01 S4, A6, first gen ML,other benz, first gen X5 4.4 and others with numerous problems. Repair bills are sick to look at

Co workers 08 GTi the fuel pump went before it even hit 40,000km, luckily it was covered under warranty
it was an 09 mdx. but like i said its much better to look at tsb / recall lists
Old 03-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #94
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,688 Posts
We really need to define what classifies as a sports car.
Is it styling? Is it power? Is it drivetrain? Is it performance (lap time) on a track?

What makes a LanEvo or STI a sports car?
If a MS3 was AWD instead, would it be in the same category as a STI??

In the end, I don't think the OP really gives a crap anyway.
But I believe if the OP was driving a IS250, and he intends to mod anyway...
Civic SI should be the obvious choice. Modding a Fit is pretty lame.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #95
Banned (BBM)

indeed
Old 03-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #96
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Speaking about engine reliability:

You're saying a Honda inline 4 is more reliable than a Subaru Boxer?
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #97
Banned (BBM)

Last time I check not one single problem with k20 nor b18c5
Boxer engine? Hmm
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #98
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,037 Times in 2,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
In the end, I don't think the OP really gives a crap anyway.
But I believe if the OP was driving a IS250, and he intends to mod anyway...
Civic SI should be the obvious choice. Modding a Fit is pretty lame.
I would mod the Fit more than I would an SI. Don't think it's lame at all, I've seen some pretty sick Fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #99
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini View Post
Speaking about engine reliability:

You're saying a Honda inline 4 is more reliable than a Subaru Boxer?
that is questionable.

older boxers no. the new boxers yes. new boxers blow up quite a bit, especially head gaskets. at least thats what i heard.

honda 4cyls are almost bullet proof.... with the exception of those that do end up burning oil usually the high performance vtec motors (h series vtecs, B series vtec heads)

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
that is questionable.

older boxers no. the new boxers yes. new boxers blow up quite a bit, especially head gaskets. at least thats what i heard.

honda 4cyls are almost bullet proof.... with the exception of those that do end up burning oil usually the high performance vtec motors (h series vtecs, B series vtec heads)
new boxers are reliable as long as we the end users don't fuck with them