REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #51
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC-604 View Post
read again, you could probably do a bolt on kit on the Fit and make 180WHP which is better than the SI's 200hp @ the crank. So Fit + 4g or so on turbo kit = win Lololol. I've already explained the benefits of a fit. It looks cuter (+1 in the girls column ) its peppy enough as is, but if you really wanted to spank an SI there you have a way. It's cheaper by shit tons in that market segment. It's more practical. Cheaper to maintain / operate.
Please stop with this nonsense.

With the money you put into a bolt on kit, again, I can use that for I/H/E and Hondata with the Si, and boom, your turbo'ed fit is obsolete. And i'd still have plenty leftover for suspension/aesthetics.
Cuter? Who the fuck wants a cute car? Do you wear a skirt?
It's NOT peppy as is. What the hell is wrong with these people calling the fit peppy?
CSX/CivicSi is not a whole lot more expensive than a fit. Not when you consider how much more of a car you are getting.
How is it more practical? Hatchback? Big effin deal.

Cheaper to maintain/operate? How? I'm a dumbfounded by these comments.
A stock Honda fit and Si will cost exactly the same to maintain and operate, aside from an extra 2-3 km's a litre with the fit. Perhaps insurance too.

If you are talking about turbo, the fit will cost 100x more to maintain and operate than a tuned Si.
Advertisement
c4@urdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #52
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
read again, you could probably do a bolt on kit on the Fit and make 180WHP which is better than the SI's 200hp @ the crank. So Fit + 4g or so on turbo kit = win Lololol. I've already explained the benefits of a fit. It looks cuter (+1 in the girls column ) its peppy enough as is, but if you really wanted to spank an SI there you have a way. It's cheaper by shit tons in that market segment. It's more practical. Cheaper to maintain / operate.
It won't be cheaper to maintain/operate after you turboed it.
Don't get me wrong, I owned a 07 Fit Sport before and while it's good car in regards to fuel consumption and practicality. Performance wise is just not on the same level as the SI and I don't even consider the SI as a "Sports Car".
You said 4g for the turbo kit from which company? HKS? T1R? those give around 160WHP not 180. For 180WHP you need 6g plus tune.
joquio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4@urdoor View Post

With the money you put into a bolt on kit, again, I can use that for I/H/E and Hondata with the Si, and boom, your turbo'ed fit is obsolete. And i'd still have plenty leftover for suspension/aesthetics.
It's NOT peppy as is. What the hell is wrong with these people calling the fit peppy?
CSX/CivicSi is not a whole lot more expensive than a fit. Not when you consider how much more of a car you are getting.

A stock Honda fit and Si will cost exactly the same to maintain and operate, aside from an extra 2-3 km's a litre with the fit. Perhaps insurance too.

If you are talking about turbo, the fit will cost 100x more to maintain and operate than a tuned Si.
LOL beat me to it.

Good points and exactly what I thought too.
I only spend around 3g for I/H/E + Hondata Flashpro + Buddyclub Coilover and I don't think a "turboed" Fit can do much of your shredding to my car.
joquio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #54

check out http://www.8thcivic.com if you get the SI!
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #55
14 dolla balla & Bradford Chow aint got nothing on me!

Quote:

Lol... i guess the smiley face didn't give up the sarcasm note. It's plenty peppy, it has more readily available TQ than the SI. incase you didnt know the feeling of peppiness comes from TQ and not the 90HP difference. 30,665 after taxes is what a base SI will cost you. 22,713 for a base fit sport after taxes. HMMMM NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE THERE. ONLY 8G hmm....8g/23g thats only 35% of the Fit's total cost. No not much difference at all. Considering the features are the same. Operation costs...lol i believe the insurance cost on a Fit is alot lower than the SI because of all the fast and furious drivers that the SI attracts. According to EPA, its more than 2-3kms more per liter Lmao. 29mpg average on the Fit. and 24 on the SI.
hmm with the 8g difference, id probably say you could do a K20 swap from an RSX-S. Actually it has been done, by quite a few people actually using hasport mounts and Kpro dual ecu setup. Then you'd have a lighter car with the same power OMG!

BTW you didn't haven't explained to me how a Civic SI is far from econobox?
XtC-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #56
Banned (BBM)

what kind of crack are you smoking. NO one mentioned SI is a race car or anywhere near that line. FIt? gutless, end of story. SI at least it can go when you want it to go, not sitting in traffic and all you hear is noise.

Mazda 3, econo box. Speed 3 , SPORT-IER version. NO one going to debate that MS3 is a race car.

110hp is 110hp, not much to defend or is it? goes around the city? yes! grocery getter? perfect! good on gas and thats it. Nothing more nothing less, dont bring FUN to drive and semi sporty along those lines, because it simply doesnt belong in that category.

Last edited by Mugen EvOlutioN; 03-15-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #57
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Yes, if I found a sedan that was a better purchase, (less kms, no acc, 1 owner, better shape etc) I would take it.

Yes I have

Have you driven one? I've heard they're surprisingly quick and fun to drive for the HP.
i test drove 09 TSX, CSX (none type S) and i find it underpower. If those car are under power than no i do not need to test out a 110hp and be expecting it can accelerate properly.

my last EK had 127hp and i find it slow. All you hear is noise, dont think minus 17hp i can expect it to do any better now can i.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #58
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
gas mileage on a civic is a CON??? that's pretty stingy on gas mileage hahaha
In direct comparison with a Fit, yes it's a con. I was comparing the two, remember?

Anyway, thanks to those who've added some useful input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #59
Banned (BBM)

econo box? i think not

corners faster than a FD, R34, EVo6, regular NSX. better yet its an FWD, so keep on bashing your ignorant shit. DC2 R was based on a econo box, look how it can keep up with other RWD in its class no problem.

I dont see the RX8/IS300 with their almighty RWD smoking the FWD platforms

Last edited by Mugen EvOlutioN; 03-15-2010 at 05:35 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #60
RS controls my life!

OR just not get a civic or a fit lol all this fighting over 2 economy cars when u boil down to it
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #61

Quote:
Lol... i guess the smiley face didn't give up the sarcasm note. It's plenty peppy, it has more readily available TQ than the SI. incase you didnt know the feeling of peppiness comes from TQ and not the 90HP difference. 30,665 after taxes is what a base SI will cost you. 22,713 for a base fit sport after taxes. HMMMM NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE THERE. ONLY 8G hmm....8g/23g thats only 35% of the Fit's total cost. No not much difference at all. Considering the features are the same. Operation costs...lol i believe the insurance cost on a Fit is alot lower than the SI because of all the fast and furious drivers that the SI attracts. According to EPA, its more than 2-3kms more per liter Lmao. 29mpg average on the Fit. and 24 on the SI.
hmm with the 8g difference, id probably say you could do a K20 swap from an RSX-S. Actually it has been done, by quite a few people actually using hasport mounts and Kpro dual ecu setup. Then you'd have a lighter car with the same power OMG!

BTW you didn't haven't explained to me how a Civic SI is far from econobox?
Ok, now I know you are trolling.

Si with 5k in engine and suspension is far from an econobox. As Joquio if he considers he ride an econobox. This whole FF cant be sporty shit is ridiculous.

You wouldn't ask that stupid question if you've actually driven a tuned Si before, instead of babbling out your ass.

You can swap whatever the hell you want into a fit, in the end of the day its still an ugly little bug.

GUESS WHAT I CAN THROW A SMALL BLOCK INTO A DATSUN 510 (which I have) AND KICK THE SHIT OUT OF A FIT WITH K20 SWAP WOWOWOWOWOW

You can go on and on about swapping engines out of cars, that defeats the purpose of this entire conversation. This is about Civic Si vs Fit.
Not Civic Si vs Fit with transplanted k20.

Who the hell buys new cars anyways? Worst investment ever.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pm...645397397.html
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bn...640213354.html

Both 07's. Both near the same mileage. Hell, that Fit isnt even the sport model.

WOW THE SI IS CHEAPER OMG!
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #62
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
econo box? i think not

YouTube- Civic Type R Returns (FD2) - CTR MEGA TEST & BATTLE - Best Motoring International

corners faster than a FD, R34. better yet its an FWD, so keep on bashing your ignorant shit. DC2 R was based on a econo box, look how it can keep up with other RWD in its class no problem.
i'd like to see a cobalt ss turbo up against this and see how they react lol
Old 03-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #63
Banned (BBM)

cobalt SS turbo is a beast, that thing has tons of potential. Its too bad there are a very rare breed on the street. THey have proven its performance thru the track, > MS3
Old 03-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #64
RS controls my life!

Quote:
cobalt SS turbo is a beast, that thing has tons of potential. Its too bad there are a very rare breed on the street. THey have proven its performance thru the track, > MS3
330hp 350 tq with just a good tuner
Old 03-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #65
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

rofl.
Fit mileage isnt as great as you think.
A civic would get better mileage.

..and lol@30lbs to get 180whp.

Get a 4dr civic.
PDKGD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:36 PM   #66
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
This is Apple vs Orange nitwits. The guy is wondering if he wants a solid apple or a zesty orange. I keep seeing is250 as your current car, why not just keep that?

An option I see no one is really talking about or suggesting is a high class, stunning super model of a car, 1982 Toyota Tercel (shit brown colour with tan interior). Peppy, reliable, cheap a real looker. Lots of options including glass and a seatbelt. If your looking for a point A - B car then call Sally and shoot the dog.
1982 TE72
1988 5.0
1990 S13 Coupe
2006 Mazda B4000 4x4
1987 Ae86 Coupe
1988 Cressida Wagon
1985 Cressida 7m Swap
1987 Ae86 Hatch
1989 FC
cressydrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:15 PM   #67

Quote:
i test drove 09 TSX, CSX (none type S) and i find it underpower. If those car are under power than no i do not need to test out a 110hp and be expecting it can accelerate properly.

my last EK had 127hp and i find it slow. All you hear is noise, dont think minus 17hp i can expect it to do any better now can i.
learn to drive. If my friends mom who is the worst fucking driver i know can accelerate and merge on highways properly. I believe that it has enough power. You also are forgetting weight into equation, hello the CSX is heavier than a regular civic. We are talking a difference of 400+ lbs yet only a 66nm TQ diff thats not as easily accessible. I don't need to know who you are or seen how you drive if this is how you think. If you want acceleration, you've gone to the wrong car. Assuming you drive a Honda. Get a merc, one with an AMG engine to it or a Ford, you know those mustangs, chargers etc

Quote:
econo box? i think not

YouTube- Civic Type R Returns (FD2) - CTR MEGA TEST & BATTLE - Best Motoring International

corners faster than a FD, R34, EVo6, regular NSX. better yet its an FWD, so keep on bashing your ignorant shit. DC2 R was based on a econo box, look how it can keep up with other RWD in its class no problem.

YouTube- INTEGRA Type R MEGA TEST & BATTLE - Best Motoring International

I dont see the RX8/IS300 with their almighty RWD smoking the FWD platforms
Wait so your telling me stripped out econobox that can keep up = sporty and not econobox???? Hell its time to buy myself an SI and go compete in JGTC or formula one. Lmao. You ever wonder why the preferred flatform in most types of racing or real sports cars have been rear drive or rear biased awd ?because it STEERS PROPERLY.
Having your drive wheels doing steering as well is retarded and creates something known as torque steer, you know when your dashboard vibrates like shit and you ain't going anywhere? yea that sound, the sound of fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDKGD3 View Post
rofl.
Fit mileage isnt as great as you think.
A civic would get better mileage.

..and lol@30lbs to get 180whp.

Get a 4dr civic.
no i didn't mean you'd actually need to go 30 PSI to get 180whp. Most kits from say HKS or T1R have stock boost at 8-9 PSI and that gets ~180.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #68
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
I would choose Honda Fit.

Those things have amazing gas mileages, and look pretty good, and amazing with mods.
Like you've already mentioned, Civics insurance more expensive, and imo theres way too many of them on the road... in richmond at least.
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:21 PM   #69

@ XTC
LMAO, Type R is a stripped out econobox?

You are a tool like no other.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #70

Quote:
@ XTC

Read what you typed again. Doesn't it awfully sound alot like ricer fags that say
OMGGGGGG TYPE RRRRRRRR
or if you're chinese TYPE AR LO
The type r does have it's merits, more output from the engine, reinforced chassis and weight reduction. hmmm doesn't that awfully sound alot more like a sports car. Regardless, its not a luxury car by far or a race car. Which makes it an econobox thats peppy. Oh btw, we're talking about a civic and a fit. Last time i checked there is no CTR in canada. Go on now little one, go rip on your civic around town like a race car.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #71
Banned (BBM)

did u even spend the time watching the vid

obviously not

talking smack out of ur ass

never said FWD is superior, im well aware of the torque steer. BUt gotta give props to where it belongs. The CTR does faster time around the track than a AWD/RWD, while those cars are all low 13s, high 12s cars
Old 03-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #72
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
Quote:
@ XTC

Let me correct you on that,

He was already a tool to begin with, since he tried to throw in modifications to make the cars more comparable.

Given that my car is for sale for $7,500.

Top it off with 20 grand in mods just to make sure it's in between the price range of the Honda Fit and Civic SI, it would just simply rape them easily.

But stock for stock, my car is a piece of shit against the 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #73

Quote:
did u even spend the time watching the vid

obviously not

talking smack out of ur ass

never said FWD is superior, im well aware of the torque steer. BUt gotta give props to where it belongs. The CTR does faster time around the track than a AWD/RWD, while those cars are all low 13s, high 12s cars
here you go
incase you didn't know front wheel drive was developed for ECONOMICAL reasons and for safety as it provides a bigger crumple zone.
BTW do you know how much a type R would cost in Canada if they brought one in? Just to give you an idea. The only other place in the world that you can currently get a CTR in is malaysia, going for 199,000RM which is equal to 61,000CDN Hondas are more expensive there. IE the EX Civic there is 35,000CDN, so for a fair deduction lets say deduct 15,000 from the price, so the EX civic would be 20,000 and the Type R would be 46,000 Lololol. 46000 for a civic. That still has no heated seats or nav or 6 air bags or anything luxurious. So how is that far from econobox? it's basically a extreme factory modded Civic. I'm sure you could do better if you bought an SI for 25000 and dumped 21000 into mods. BTW, in regards to your NSX, FD and w.e comments LOL. the FD is how many years old? the NSX is ? R34? those are all 10 years or older cars. i sure fucking hope cars have gotten better since then. Thats like saying if i bought a Cosworth Escort it could beat like ferraris from the 60s. Why dont you compare that Civic Type R with a Lotus Exige? both are similar cars. Light weight, stripped, only diff is drive train. Btw i did watch those videos, they all commented on how stiff the suspension is, hardly a street car if you ask me. Where as the VSPEC, RX7 and NSX are i would say more comfortable, if even a pro driver says it's stiff.

Last edited by XtC-604; 03-15-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:50 PM   #74

... After reading all these, I just cant help but post something.

I used to own a Turbo 07 Fit (GD3) and I remember that before I add the turbo, i have to admit that the car is NOT giving me the power I desire... However, once you accept the fact that the fit an ECOBOX, you will learn to appreciate how the car is built. In my humble opinion, I think the fit is better than cars of the similar class because of its versatility (SP) - I'm thinking Yaris, Rio... etc.

I modded my Fit for a number of reasons:

Power - I know I can spend the money elsewhere for more powererful car but you don't get to drive a turbo fit everyday.

Unique - Like above, you don't see Turbo Fit's everywhere... not to mention that Honda do not offer Turbo as a "Sports Package" for the fit. Heck, we don't even have a sunroof option.

Hatchback - Now when was the last time Honda made the Hatchback? You have to give them credit for making the fit =)

Obviously, if the OP is looking for POWER, then forget about the Fit... but if he/she wants something ORIGINAL, a Fit is worth thinking... there's so much to play /spend on the fit that by the time you know it, you could of buy a GTI, a WRX, or maybe another fit easily (and thast even before you do an engine swap)

What do I think about the SI? Sorry but I never driven one. I ain't going to say Fit is better than Si or whatever car. I only had a Fit before, and I never regret modding it. If I go back in time, will I still spend the money to mod the fit - answer is YES. Its worth every penny. Not only that I had a unique car, but because of it, I was introduced to one of the friendliest club and get to know some really good people in GVRD.

I hope my comments here are informative enough to help the OP decide. But then again, only you know which car is best for you. You are the one who is going to drive that car everyday - so go for the test drive, visit the forums, and do your homework =)

As for the rest, why not just respect what other people enjoy doing and share your personal experience with the car (if you have one)? We all love the cars we own, if not, why would you buy it to begin with?

*Note* Stop bashing one another, Fit / Si are both Honda. Both have Vtecs (or i-Vtec)~!
=== In case you care, here are my answers for the 5 Questions ===

It blows my mind why someone would buy a fit, and then turbo it.
- Perhaps the same reason why you but a Si and then Turbo it?

1)It's strictly an economy car
- When does Car Mod must NOT be done on a ecobox?

2)Now that you turbo'ed it, the economy part is now out the window
- Yes and No, depends how you drive it. I had to give the car 92+, but it still does 450km/tank city driving running 6psi - quite a lot of psi for a small 1.5 litre engine

3)You are now making only 180* (* estimate depending on boost) which is still not enough to keep up with a NA Civic Si, and now your gas mileage is complete shit.
- Like I said, it depends how you drive the car. You can get SHIT milage driving on a Hybrid if you don't how to control your throttle. And again, not everyone who mods their car just want to go fast. If thats the case, then there will be no carshows~

4)It's a freakin fit.
- And your point is?

5)Engine is gonna blow up sooner than later.
- Again, it depends how you drive your car, who tunes it, and how well you maintain it. I don't think Stock Evos or GTi are designed to BLOWUP after a while...

Last edited by Guinness; 03-15-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:20 PM   #75

Quote:
Read what you typed again. Doesn't it awfully sound alot like ricer fags that say
OMGGGGGG TYPE RRRRRRRR
or if you're chinese TYPE AR LO
The type r does have it's merits, more output from the engine, reinforced chassis and weight reduction. hmmm doesn't that awfully sound alot more like a sports car. Regardless, its not a luxury car by far or a race car. Which makes it an econobox thats peppy. Oh btw, we're talking about a civic and a fit. Last time i checked there is no CTR in canada. Go on now little one, go rip on your civic around town like a race car.

Hey you little racist shit head, im not Chinese FYI, the only civic i've ever personally owned is 100% stock for DD.
I'm a big white boy and I doubt you would be using that tone if we had this discussion face to face.
I don't like riced out civics either, but you are getting way too out of hand with this anti-civic. anti FF shit. I appreciate the k20 engine, as well as type R development from Honda. So what? It's a fucking awesome engine. i-VTEC is a considerable engineering feat. Does that make me a ricer?
If I still had my small block datsun id come run you over in it.
List me some project cars you've had? You seem to talk shit like no other.
No RC toys don't count.