REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-24-2010, 04:57 PM   #26
JqC
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

years ago i had 35% front tint. didn't get pulled over for about two years. cop pulled me over downtown and gave me a warning, told me to remove it right when i get home. in my head i was like "fuck you popo i'm the shit." kept it on for another year then car got stolen.

front tint makes it a lot easier to stick it in a girls bum while boning in your car. if she asks you wtf you're doing, just be like "sorry babe, can't see shit"
Advertisement
JqC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #27
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
I heard from an ex-coworker of mine that his brother has a "note" from his optometrist saying that he's really sensitive to light and requires the front tint. So every now and then when he gets pulled over for tint, he'll just show the note.

I don't know if he was lying or not though.
He shows the note maybe but it has NO legal basis. MVB used to issue variances for severe cases but stopped that a few years back. They USED to permit clear UV tint but that destroys the shatter properties of the glass, so that was stopped too. A note from an optometrist for tint is like one from a Doctor for non seatbelt.."nice try" but it is no "get out of jail " card.
If skin is so sensitive to light that you believe tint is required, wear long sleeves, gloves, sunglasses and a hat. A question I asked a couple of people who tried this dodge...how do you ever walk outside if your skin is that sensitive? Nobody had an answer. It's just an attempt to circumvent the law.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #28
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JqC View Post
years ago i had 35% front tint. didn't get pulled over for about two years. cop pulled me over downtown and gave me a warning, told me to remove it right when i get home. in my head i was like "fuck you popo i'm the shit." kept it on for another year then car got stolen.

front tint makes it a lot easier to stick it in a girls bum while boning in your car. if she asks you wtf you're doing, just be like "sorry babe, can't see shit"
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #29
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

haha i got pulled over for the third time two days ago, they gave me my second notice to remove them, i completely ignored the first notice. now the cop said if i dont take them off and i get caught again i will get a $600 fine.....how can i possibly get a $600 fine??

when i got my first notice the cop was like if u dont do it then you have a chance of gettin another ticket next time u get pulled over, now their saying something else
Old 03-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #30
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
^ obviously they must be BSing. you should just keep your front tint then. especially if you have a black car. looks nice.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #31
Banned (BBM)

there is no fucking $600 dollar fine for a retarded front tint. Fuck dont they have better things to do?
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #32
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
$109 ticket minus $25 if paid w/in 30 days.

Front tint looks cool but its really not worth it. I had tint for 1.5 years and got caught twice, once downtown at night haha. After the second ticket I just took it off. So I'd say no to front tints.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #33
Banned (BBM)

smart choice
Old 03-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #34
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutch View Post
haha i got pulled over for the third time two days ago, they gave me my second notice to remove them, i completely ignored the first notice. now the cop said if i dont take them off and i get caught again i will get a $600 fine.....how can i possibly get a $600 fine??

when i got my first notice the cop was like if u dont do it then you have a chance of gettin another ticket next time u get pulled over, now their saying something else
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
^ obviously they must be BSing. you should just keep your front tint then. especially if you have a black car. looks nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
there is no fucking $600 dollar fine for a retarded front tint. Fuck dont they have better things to do?

Not BS.

From the Vancouver Sun a while back

Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #35
Banned (BBM)

ughhhhh...im speechless
Old 03-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #36
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo-brickster View Post
Not BS.

From the Vancouver Sun a while back

wow are you ever resourceful
Old 03-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #37

wtff thats fucken gayyyy
Old 03-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #38
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutch View Post

If you fail to comply with with the ( 30 day #2) VI they issue you, you get a $598 fine, a tow job and a #1 VI ( car stays off the road until it is inspected). Lot of bucks for being a slow learner.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #39
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

My experience with tinted windows:

1) '89 Nissan Pickup. Drove this while I had my N. Tinted with DIY tint from CT 20%, it was a single cab so it looked dark as hell. Got pulled over on Lonsdale for changing lanes without signaling. Cop didnt even notice the tint somehow. Drove around for maybe 6 months before I got pulled in a residential area by a cop that was bored. Told me to remove and then drive to the station to prove it was taken off. Did it, secretary came out and looked, was all good. No ticket

2) '95 S14. Car was a heatscore, huge Magnaflow muffler, Volk wheels, lowered, ridiculous stereo, etc. Drove it while I still had my N. Drove it about 20,000km while having the rear tinted 20% and front tinted 35%. Was pulled over numerous times for small stuff (warnings etc). Never got any comments on the window tint (or the front licence plate missing). Sold the car while it was still tinted.

3) '03 Sentra SE-R. Front was tinted lightly 50%, back was 20% I'd say. Bought it as is, never got pulled over or any attraction at all. I'd say you'd have to have a seriously over zealous cop for them to even notice a 50% front tint.

4) '97 Acura CL. Had the CL tinted 35% all around. Looked great, made a huge difference in appearance. Again never got any attention from cops. Drove for maybe 10,000km like this.

5) '04 Crossfire. Tinted 35% all around. Been pulled twice for speeding and a stop sign. Neither times have I had any comments on the tint. Or front licence plate. This car gets a ton of attention too but so far so good.

I'd say as long as you have power windows you should be able to get away with 35%. Just watch for cops and crack the windows if you see em. Obviously if you get pulled get the windows down. I think the look is worth more than the risk, personal opinion that's all.
Westcoast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
If you fail to comply with with the ( 30 day #2) VI they issue you, you get a $598 fine, a tow job and a #1 VI ( car stays off the road until it is inspected). Lot of bucks for being a slow learner.
can i take it off, then show them and then get it retinted again?

what would happen if they catch me again with new tint on it do i get the fine or another 30day to remove notice?

i know ill prolly get some fails for this...but i love the way my car looks with front tint
Old 03-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #41
I bringith the lowerballerith

my front window is crystal clear with not even stock tint. I have noticed almost all cars ive seen on the road have darker front windshields than mine. So my question is are you even allowed to tint your front window a little bit so it may match the stock tint of a newer car?

1992 Black Acura Integra GS-R #470
kookoobird88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #42
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
i failed you because ticket is $100+

107 or 120 ..or seomthing, cant remeber correctly
oh haha
no worries.
Doridori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:08 PM   #43
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
My car had an all-around window tint applied by the dealership before I bought it. It's a very light tint though so it's not as noticeable. I have been pulled over and went through road blocks without any problems.
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote